• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they say they've revamped a lot of things. I can tell you that the ships mechanics and models are much more complex and that there are lots of shatter points. Also with new creatures to fight, new items that modify skills and places/locations to go, I think it is more than just a new story.

OK so that clears that up then anyway.

MK

What I hope for this game is that it doesn't have only one storyline. What I loved in CoAS was the fact that there were LOTS of different and inderesting quests that really increased the play time and I've done them all several times without getting bored yet. Actually, I've been playing CoAS since I joined this forum at August 2011.

I had always assumed that was all of his own work from scratch. The fortress in Santiago and the front facades of Bonaire and San Juan are in SOFS. I am attempting to import it into GOF. It's a location called San Sebastian.
Those are probably stock PotC models; nobody ever made location models from scratch at PiratesAhoy! All truly custom character models were at least partly based on existing content as well.
The only things we really did do custom modeling on are ships. And lots of textures for all sorts too.

To be honest I've never made a model from scratch, just chopped & changed others and bound them to the skeleton. That's all Davey Jones was, a ripped model mixed with pirate 10 ? (barbossa) parts, took a while for me to do back then but it worked and was worth it in the end up.
Tell a lie, I have made models from scratch...the scenery models I did, one of which Pieter gave a, wip, test in game nearly worked barring missing textures. They were my work,(apart from the trees & props), but they got lost with my computers' untimely death. Never mind I'll redo them again but better..

Indeed, I remember having some half-finished location model of yours somewhere. Not sure if I've still got any of those files; would they be of use if I did?

Yes, definitely Pieter, might not go back into Maya as it came out but it's a start.

While I do seem to have a lot of old random stuff lying around, I can't find those location model files of yours anymore. Sorry. :(

OK Pieter....cheers, they're pretty much visible to memory to reproduce so not too much a problem.
Best end this conversation here anyway.....it's gone a bit off topic.

so question, is PO TEHO going to be on STEAM or a CD/DVD like CoAS? steam works for me @ times, and other times its so crappy, im look'n forward to playing it if i can.
also if you have Bing Translator, you can simply copy/paste and it will translate russian to english.
http://www.bing.com/translator/

I think it is on steam.....not that easy to translate though, the copy I tried out had no program folder. Best wait for the proper English version and hope it doesn't take as long as CoAS.

I hope they do offer it in CD form as well as distributing it via STEAM. I just like having the disk. Taleworlds did that for Mount & Blade. You can buy it on STEAM or buy the disk in the store or order on line. The other great thing about that game is that you can play it in offline mode. There are some games these days that don't allow you the play if you are offline - that seems to be the wave of the future even. I hate that and hope that isn't the case with PO:TEHO.

MK

I think it is on steam.....not that easy to translate though, the copy I tried out had no program folder. Best wait for the proper English version and hope it doesn't take as long as CoAS.
i meant you can use Bling translator to translate this page from russian to english.
http://corsairs-harbour.ru/

@ Mk, Battelfield3, MoHMW, N4SMW are all EA/Dice and you cant play them in offline mode which really sux, and origin has compatblity issues with alot of games, took me over 15hrs to update Need 4 Speed Most Wanted last week, which i called EA mad about it, i want to play games when i want to play NOT when they say i can with a stupid a$$ update!!!

Yeah, I really try to stay away from games that are exclusively online these days. A lot of gamers have began to boycott these types of games because its all part of a new mentality in corporate and developer game protection. It is a way to protect their product at the expense of totally screwing over their customers.

I don't think that PO:TEHO is in this boat. They see STEAM as a great way to distribute their product. So I would bet that our English version will have the ability to be played offline. Joruba already stated that they would likely give us an open program folder for modding, so right there you can see they are not xenophobic about goofey crappy DRM.

DRM is known as Digital Rights Management and has been getting more and more controversial the last couple years. The debate is still ongoing on whether or not Diablo III was hurt by this last year. I think that it did. I think a lot more people would have purchased Diablo III if it could have been played offline.

The worst aspect of this is replayablity. If I want to play my COAS mods 10 or 20 years from now as an old man I am not worried about doing so. However as things continue to progress - and things WILL progress beyond what most can now imagine - its very doubtful Diablo III and games like it will even still be supported five years from now. So it will be absolutely useless in a short time. This protects the product and ensures customers will HAVE to buy new stuff after a few years.

So just say no to DRM - its killing gaming. MK

For a history of DRM take a look at these videos. Pretty entertaining - especially for guys my age and older that have actually played all of the ancient games they describe in the video. BTW I still have my Commodore 64/128 and occasionally still play those games:

Steam did "Homefront" couple of yrs ago, and it was great (similar to the now BF3) and it had a few bugs in it well when steam did the patch, they screwed up the game and everyone quit it, and went to BF3. i love playing military and historical games such as Empire total War<---good thing i can play that in offline mode, i dont play Bf3 @ all anymore, for lotz of reasons, and especially the damn lagg online play causes. talking bout screwing customers EA is doing exactly that with their origin/dice in BF3/N4SMW and MoHMW.

POTEHO doesn't require being online to run it. Just activate the game once and then you can turn to offline. Source code will be available, that was our demand and the publisher will likely accept it.
I can assure you that Black Mark Studio didn't use any PA mod in the final product.
The game will be distributed via Steam and DVD. But I strongly recommend you to buy it on Steam, retail distribution is quite uncertain these days.

We are translating the DLC now. Soon, we will start voice acting. The product will cost twenty bucks + free DLC. This will be a gift for english gamers for our delay. That's a plan.

Cheers

We all love PA! and you are welcome to ask me questions about the game.

Hi Joruba,

I have a questions.
Is "Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own" to be released in Europe - perhaps in a German version?

greetings & thank you
Lucky

It will be released in English, that has been confirmed. Other language versions I'm not sure of though.

As far as I understand, BlackMark studios are translating the game into English themselves or at the very least are involved in the process.
I know a translation takes a lot of time, so I'm doubtful they'll go through the trouble more than once for the English version...

looking forward for this game but i do have a question.if the game is on STEAM i must downloaded only from there? i mean it would be the same as buying the game?

looking forward for this game but i do have a question.if the game is on STEAM i must downloaded only from there? i mean it would be the same as buying the game?

Well its not gonna be free Mate. No one here ever said it would be. :shrug In fact if you go to Joruba's last post he said it would retail for around $20.00 dollars.

You should really read through at least part of the last entries in the topic thread about distribution and availability before commenting.

All the latest information is in this thread. As more becomes available it will be posted here, so keep checking back for updates.

@Joruba, Very good news on the offline confirmation Mate! Thank you very much!!!:onya

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back