• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also hoped that new title can breathe new life into old Corsairs, but…

(ME TOO! MK)

2 Talisman: I meant new characters from POTEHO that I’ve added to GoF as playable heroes.
2 Yeti: as far as I remember there are no new movement controls. Maybe it was some sort of scripted scene?

I did find a whole bunch of content in their files from our own PA! modders - Very noticeable content from Damski and OP is in there. I know they were not compensated. Because of this fact - AND that it has been publicly released and the files are openly available - I had no problems of conscience porting between 70 and 80 percent of POTEHO's ships, weapons and characters into GOF: Historical Era's mod - as illustrated by many of the screenshots of ships earlier in this thread.

MK

Sup, guys, I represent the dev team here. We all love PA! and you are welcome to ask me questions about the game.
Let me clarify something for you.
1) Translation is in progress - it's about 80% done. ~2.3 mb of text.
2) There is a high probability of making an English version of voice-acting.
3) You can expect to find the Flying Dutchman in the game + the newest patch with tons of fixes and features
4) This is an entirely new game, it's not some COAS mod. 100+ hours of gameplay, new ships, quests, blades and firearms.
5) The game is pretty hardcore so you'd better be ready to relearn all your skills. :rolleyes: We will provide you with a full support and help via our official forums and Steam community. I will post links here in the nearest future.
Stay tuned.

Thank you Joruba!!!! :onya SO MUCH for finally coming forward to respond to questions from the PA! player/modder community/population.

I can tell you that we are all very curious and extremely hopeful and excited about Pirates Odyssey.

I knew that this couldn't just be another mod for COAS, because I tried using some of the files from your module folder and they were non-compatable. Also some of the models won't work in COAS because they have the animations from old AOP: Caribbean Tales. You guys made all those models work together in POTEHO. The amount of content is incredible and WAY too much for just a mod as well..... So I knew this couldn't just be another mod - but a whole brand spankin new game.

Now that we know this for sure, I would like to make an announcement on PA's main News page. But I would like to get as many details possible about tentative release dates, new content, etc.... I know I can speak for PA! that we would love to promote attention on your efforts as much as possible so that you get lots of exposure (and sales revenue) in English speaking countries.

I would just comment on the question posed by Takeda-One..... It is my opinion that Akella's other games such as COAS, - would never have enjoyed their continuing popularity and would never have been sold in the large quantities that they have (in the west) if it weren't for all the mods that this community has built into them.

So the obvious conclusion should be that if you "hardcode" PO:TEHO and make it unmodifiable, it will be popular for six months to a year and then be completely forgotten.

If you allow it to be open and fully mod-able, then it will enjoy a long term period of popularity and growing fan-base that will just make it even better over years of time --- as in the case of POTC and COAS.

The decision is yours. I can say I am really enjoying all the new visual RESOURCE file (model/texture) content that you guys made. It would be a pity if all we can ever do is simply export that stuff into other mods instead of be able to fully enjoy and enhance the original game it all came from.

Last, I am an independent part time technology consultant currently that is heavily tied to the gaming industry. I have lots of free time on my hands these days, so let me know if you would like my help in any way. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-shields/3/b29/9a3

MK

Welcome to our forum, Joruba! And thanks for your interest in us. I will not repeat what ModernKnight said because I completely agree with it.
But we will do what we can to promote your work through all means that we have available for sure! :woot

Greetings to everyone! Thank you for your most positive comments.
Here are we go.
But I would like to get as many details possible about tentative release dates, new content, etc....
Easy enough.;) The game will be released in mid-spring, we likely won't be able to release it in March so you can count on April for sure. I will provide you with more details later.
POTEHO has dozens of quests, a solid plot, new ships, weapons, items, new trading, fencing, artillery and crafting systems. Every single element of the game was rebalanced or redone. There is a huge difference between POTEHO and COAS, you gonna like it:cool: The engine was also improved. It's about 100-150+ hours of gameplay. I will post here screenshots, posters and videos a bit later.

It is my opinion that Akella's other games such as COAS, - would never have enjoyed their continuing popularity and would never have been sold in the large quantities that they have (in the west) if it weren't for all the mods that this community has built into them.

I agree with you completely. The thing is that all rights belong to the publisher (Akella) and only they will make a final decision. We will do what we can but I am sure that there is nothing for you to worry about. I am 90% confident that English speakers will get a fine version of the game with unlocked PROGRAM folder.:drunk Just as usual. Feel free to use the game's resources.

Last, I am an independent part time technology consultant currently that is heavily tied to the gaming industry. I have lots of free time on my hands these days, so let me know if you would like my help in any way.
But we will do what we can to promote your work through all means that we have available for sure!
Your help will be most appreciated guys. It's my job to make English speakers familiar to POTEHO and I am really glad to get such a warm welcome here.

Feel free to ask me any questions and expect more info in the nearest future.

I am 90% confident that English speakers will get a fine version of the game with unlocked PROGRAM folder.:drunk Just as usual.
And for Russian speakers is also as usual? ;)
Thousands of locks and chains?
Easy recognizable Akella-style...

No worries. Modding WILL be enabled. Sorry for the lack of news but know, that we are working damn hard to fully prepare the game for the upcoming english release.

I did find a whole bunch of content in their files from our own PA! modders - Very noticeable content from Damski and OP is in there. I know they were not compensated. Because of this fact - AND that it has been publicly released and the files are openly available - I had no problems of conscience porting between 70 and 80 percent of POTEHO's ships, weapons and characters into GOF: Historical Era's mod - as illustrated by many of the screenshots of ships earlier in this thread.

MK
Hi MK,
I downloaded a copy of this, couldn't play it though, I can read Russian but don't understand what most of it means:) ....looks like it will be a good game when it's released in English,....great texture work on the characters, take it Metazot did it.
I couldn't see any material from OP or me included .....what did you find MK ?
I'm not bothered personally about modding communities using anything I've done, with credit it's OK. But companies making money off it, it's not on, as they'd soon be at us if we sold their work without permission & some form of payment..
I've erased the game now.....I'll do them the honor of buying it when the English version comes out.

Cheers
damski.

P.S.,......I'll settle for a free copy when it comes out in English :shipxD

I've erased the game now.....I'll do them the honor of buying it when the English version comes out.
IF they actually find a distributor that will sell the game in a normal fashion so that I could actually FIND IT! They never managed that one with CoAS. :facepalm

IF they actually find a distributor that will sell the game in a normal fashion so that I could actually FIND IT! They never managed that one with CoAS. :facepalm

That's true, couldn't find a copy in the UK.....can't get any games in English here in BG...unless I find the box of games that were stolen from my house while i was in the UK.....POTC copy included :mad:

Hiya Damski!

Yeah, most of those are Metazot and I credit him in my new mod. However if you've been following my New skins thread in Storm engine modeling, a lot of the new clothing and faces are my work that I plopped on top of his characters.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the use part of this as the models and textures have been used and reused so much at this point. I have been importing lots of new stuff from the SOFS content which their BG team did as a "funded" modder activity. SO they actually did make money off the SOFS mods and used tons of POTC stuff from PA! in there. Several of Bartholomew Portugeus's locations are in there. I am actually exporting some of these locations into GOF because they are in the correct format to implement in COAS.

Bottom line, there is a lot of recycled material from POTC, COAS and SOFS in PO:TEHO. They used one of the females that you are credited with in other mods. I have used it a bunch in COAS - I think its one of the Danielle variants. Also I'm pretty sure one of the soldiers you did up is being used in the game. They also used one of OP's muskateers.

If you want to get COAS hardcopy try Amazon. They still have COAS.

Also I'm certain they will use STEAM to promote and sell the new English version as that's what they are using for the Russian version.

I still think this is going to be a GREAT game!!!!

MK

Several of Bartholomew Portugeus's locations are in there. I am actually exporting some of these locations into GOF because they are in the correct format to implement in COAS.
Wha? Which ones? Bartolomeu's own location models were adapted from existing ones, but modified with the TOOL. He never made any from scratch.
However, he did add a whole bunch into the PotC Build Mod himself from AoP and CoAS for his storylines.

It's not what you'd call a new game really from what little I played more of a new story....of which GOF has lots.
I've got CoAS.....we were promised it with the source code, but never got it, so I got a copy with no remorse.
What goes around comes around, if we're all using each others stuff & PA get nothing for it money wise I'll settle for a few perks.
Daniella models....not really my work, I rebound those to the PotC animation for the build mod so wouldn't be of much use to them.

OK My misunderstanding then. Apologies! :modding

I had always assumed that was all of his own work from scratch. The fortress in Santiago and the front facades of Bonaire and San Juan are in SOFS. I am attempting to import it into GOF. It's a location called San Sebastian.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back