• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned "North Star" Armed Whaler

Anyone have any idea on how to set up locators? This time I am only model-modifying the hull model, but I still need to add the proper locators.
If you are modifying a ship I would say to take the locators from the ship you are working from, and modify them to fit the new ship.
The TOOL can edit locators.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/Inez Dias Tool.rar

Also there is this tutorial on locators: Tutorial - General Guide to Locators

Aesthetically, it's a matter of personal taste.

Historically, it's down to whether you prefer the 1960 film version, the 1978 film version, or various other pictures and models trying to depict the original ship. Do a Google Images search for "HMS Bounty model" and see how many models prefer three or four sails to a mast.

Also, Wikipedia says of the 1960 version:
To assist film-making and carry production staff, her general dimensions were greatly increased resulting in a vessel nearly twice the tonnage of the original.
That may be why the 1960 version had the extra sails.

Somehow this actually worked...
upload_2021-3-9_11-59-55.png

Now this will be the new North Star. I'll retexture the keel to look more like the Charles W Morgan's keel.
upload_2021-3-9_12-13-12.png

The gun-ports are completely and perfectly filled in, thank Blender for the Symmetrize tool.

Back