• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modder/betatester Tools

MediaFire deleted all COAS mods arguing a copyright violation.

I can upload them somewhere else if it is needed. Tell me here.

Cheers.
buho (A).
Wow Buho a long time no see, i didn't know you was still visiting this site (which is why i thourght you had deleted the files yourself). It would be very welcome, if you could upload them bud.:onya

@ Hylie Pistof
If you look in _mods_on_off, and turn beta testing mods on, then press F11 durring gameplay and select the tab (bottom right corner) and then select the last tab and go to the shipyard (if you had already been to the shipyard, use the re-init function which will reset things). Now when you speak with the shipyard owner, all ships will be generated, you can simply purchase the ship you are testing for the waterline changes on.

Hmm. In POTC I often find meself going in and out of the game dozens of times a day and expect to do the same here. How do I get an unlimited supply of money?

You can't, but if you open the cheat window (F11) you can add 50k a time with button 1 or 2, the cheat window has a list of what each button does.

Huh. The first time I tried that I ended up at the City of Lost Ships. This time it worked ok. Thanks! :onya

This beta testing thingy only seems to work one time. The first time I bought the ship it came out of the water but not enough. All attempts after that had no change. Methinks it is because the shipyard sells me the exact same ship every time.
My options seem to be: Start a new game for every change, sail to another island for every change. More testing required.

If you change the waterline to the ship, use the beta test cheat to allow all ships to be generated at the shipyard (with the beta test cheat set save your game) Now when you speak with the shipyard owner the ship you edited will be there, but when you need to see the changes again all you have to do is reload your savegame and purchase the ship again. However each time you edit the ship_init file, you must use the reinit function to update the game, this s hould also reset the ships in the shipyard.

Ok, it does work. As a firm believer in the KISS system I don't like it, but it does work.

My system for setting the waterline is to load the ship with full holds and then set it so that the waterline just barely shows. That means that when one looks at a ship with the spyglass one can tell if the holds are full or empty. If the waterline can be seen she is light. :keith

The following code will change that for you without effecting the ships overall hight in the water.

Code:
 refship.SubSeaDependWeight   = 0.4;

When i was editing the waterline a long time ago (before MK made the current modification) i found some ships would sit lower with higher value's and some would sit lower with lower value's. It was very confussing, but i think the Brig sits to low in the water when she has a full cargohold.

That setting will effect the ships hight in the water, lower if its full and higher when empty. The waterline as you know effects the overall hight that the ship will sit in the water but it won't effect the ship when its full or empty. Where as the code i posted will do that.

Ah. Then that setting needs to be done at the same time the cargo capacity is done. Two ships of the same size with different cargo capacity would have different subseadependweight settings. Dunno if I want to go there. :nerbz

Lol, yeah it would be a lot of work, MK spent a long time working on the waterline and the code for how the weight onboard ships effect how the ships sit in the water.

They are lost :(. I've backuped the wrong folder.

My be Craiggo or Joe Dagger still have a copy.

Cheers.
buho (A).

im sorry if this sounds inconsiderate but i must ask, do you have a 'No Dismast' code/hack/guide for GOF Full v1.2 patch 1?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Back