• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modder/betatester Tools

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
===================
Ship Summoning Tools 004
===================

CONSOLES

Read the usage instructions in the files.

- c_flagship_ordnances: Re-stock ammo, powder and money.

- c_gen_ship_anywhere: Summon a ship in any port or shore.

- c_gen_ship_bermudes: Summon a ship in Ruin Shore, Bermudes.

- c_gen_ship_wmap: Summon a ship as an encounter in world map, nearby the player ship.

- AIShip_11: GOF 1.1 Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c BETATESTER version (optional).
- AIShip_12: GOF 1.2 Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c BETATESTER version (optional).
- AIShip_CM: CM Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c BETATESTER version (optional).

Rename and overwrite the original (save it first).
GOF 1.1.x DOES NOT need a BETATESTER AIship.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?73275yugb0j3aqe (Vers. 004)

Cheers.
buho (A).

I can't get my console to work at all. Need help or I can't test.
william.gif

And the console manager will not work for me using 1.2.9.

The manager is working, mate.

How are you trying to use it?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Ship Summoning Tools: updated to Vers. 002. Better debug messages, hull textures control, forced demasting (masts will break at the first hit).

Cheers.
buho (A).

Ship Summoning Tools: updated to Vers. 003. Controllabe "break down mast at first hit" feature.

All right I must be an idiot or something because I followed your directions and put the summon ship file in my console, loaded the game, hit F5 and choice the ship summon and went to sea but no ship appeared? What am I doing wrong?
dunno.gif

First at all: the messages telling the ship was summoned appeared in your screen? Or there was not any message? You are probably using GOF 1.2, for 1.2 you need to comment out two lines in the "summoners" source.

What summon you used?

- With "bermude" the ship is in the mouth of the Ruin Shore bay. If you summon from Ruin Shore she is just there when you enter sea.

- With "anywhere" you need to enter sea and use "sail to", most probably.

- With "wmap" you need to be in worldmap while summoning and wait for the purple sailed convoy to appears.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I am trying to use "anywhere" but I get no message after activating it? What two lines do I need to comment out because I am playing with 1.2?

I did not apply your "AIShip" file because it is incompatible with GoF 1.2! Do you have a GoF compatible "AIShip" file?
keith.gif

There is no AIShip for GOF 1.2.

You need to comment out the variables DH_DontLetMeDown and DH_TraceKick, as said in the file itself:

Code:
/*
[...]
For use with GOF 1.2 (or GOF 1.1 without the betatester file) comment out
the variables DH_DontLetMeDown and DH_TraceKick.
*/
// [...]

//// ============================================
////        DISMAST HACK CONTROL SECTION  
//// ============================================
//// Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c Vers. 01.000.002 BETATESTER needed
//// Comment out the vars for GOF 1.2
////
DH_DontLetMeDown = 0;		
// 0 -> Mast may fall (and game may crash). 
// 1 -> Dismasted hack active (masts will not fall).
DH_TraceKick = 0;		
// Mast falling trace (see AIShip).

Cheers.
buho (A).

That did the trick. Thanks buho.
me.gif

Can you make me a consolidated list of all the ships acting up, there problems and there info please?
danse1.gif

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17970-list-of-ships-crashing-the-game/

Posts #1, #34, #35, #44, #47.

The #44 reports an interesting bug: ships with 12 masts.

Cheers.
buho (A).

@Luke

Are these tools still relevent to your work for GoF! 2.0? If so, I'll move this thread to the general modding section so others can use them to test the mod.

Not at the moment bud, i haven't included the console manager, but i will get onto it so that testing can be done quicker and easier.:onya

P.S. The Mediafire link is now dead, i guess Buho has closed his account with that site or deleted the folder he stored any mods he uploaded for COAS to , because all his Mediafire links are dead now.

MediaFire deleted all COAS mods arguing a copyright violation.

I can upload them somewhere else if it is needed. Tell me here.

Cheers.
buho (A).

If these files do what I think they do, then I could use them for my ship upgrade efforts. I just started working in COAS and have a lot to learn.

I need some way to make a change to a ship, go into the game and look at it, and then exit and get back to work. Specifically right now I want to adjust ship waterlines but see no good way to do that.

Back