• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP MOD:Aop Pirates Desires

Need urgent help
Ok here is the problem im changing ship icons which are shows in time when ur on ship and image is at ships hp and sails ui top left corner
So there is texture in battle interface folder
Ship_icons2.tga.tx which have vanilla ships images so i made it with new order and to enable all ships in my mod i have 3 more of those textures under names ship_icons3.tga.tx etc
And here is my prob in program/battleinterface text file battleinterface.c holds codes for texture ship_icons2.tga and now i need someone to tell me how to duplicate that code to be able use my other textures on same design as vanilla

Thing is i want increase ship icon textures in that file
I tryed use vanilla texture 512x512(8*8 rows) in size 1024x1024 to make 16*16 rows but then it shows me 4 images in 1

These 3 codes need to be made to read other texture i can duplicate and change 3rd but 1st and 2nd are bugging me 20140810_015116.jpg20140810_015223.jpg20140810_015316.jpg

Dont bother with that my mind manage to solve coding now i can use 4 different texture packs for ships and finaly all ships will have its own battle interface portrait instead using vanilla for all imported ships so no more having 1st class ship with portrait of tartane hehe

Actually do bother i still need help all i actually did somehow swap vanilla texture with my so now it doesnt show ship_icons2 it shows my 2nd texture ship_icons3...i thought i got it but when i logged tartane ship it shows ship from icons3 texture instead from icons2
Anyway i know this can be done and my work is stoped here untill i get help hehe

On that first file, you probably have to add:
Code:
#define BI_ICONS_TEXTURE_SHIP2                 3
and change
Code:
#define BI_ICONS_TEXTURE_ABILITY             4

Then somehow you have to define somewhere the filename for "SHIP2", but so far I can't see where that would be done.
Is there any reference to a "ship_icons1.tga" file in the game's code? If so, that is where I would recommend looking.

Ship_icons1 are command icons of ships.those are sail to ship images

I showed 3 codes that are applyed to texture i need to duplicate i searched for more codes but only battleinterface.c have it

Also part of code like 0+0*8
i know what does 0+0 and i asume that *8 is how much rows that texture have like 8 images vertical and 8 horizontal but if i make texture with 16 rows and change that in those code lines it stills shows 8 rows but then shows 4 smaller images in 1

I tryed already what u sad and it gives no effect

Is it possible to do something in coding like for items.init there codes shows what texture to use and what part of that texture for which item.i mean can it be made to show images by texture and not to search by name of ship

Also battleinterface/icons.tga does not exist so whats the deal with that code

I know how this works in PotC, but am not sure of CoAS since it is clearly a bit different there.

Here are some relevant quotes from PotC code that might provide a clue.

BattleInterface.c:
Code:
// KK -->
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t10.name = "battle_interface\ships_16.tga";
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t10.xsize = 4;
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t10.ysize = 4;

BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t11.name = "battle_interface\ships_1.tga";
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t11.xsize = 1;
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t11.ysize = 1;

BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t12.name = "battle_interface\ships_2.tga";
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t12.xsize = 1;
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t12.ysize = 2;

BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t13.name = "battle_interface\08shs_02.tga";   //Mod Ship by Duke Surak'nar 17/08/2003
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t13.xsize = 1;
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t13.ysize = 1;

BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t14.name = "battle_interface\ships_32.tga";
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t14.xsize = 4;
   BattleInterface.CommandTextures.list.t14.ysize = 4;
// <-- KK
Code:
ref BI_GetData()
{
   int dataType = GetEventData();
// KK -->
   int chrIdx = GetEventData();
   int st;
   ref chRef;
   float distance;
   bool enable = false;
   if (chrIdx < 0) return &BI_intNRetValue;
   chRef = GetCharacter(chrIdx);
   distance = Ship_GetDistance2D(GetMainCharacter(), chRef);
// <-- KK

switch (dataType)
   {
   // Ïîëó÷àåì íîìåð êàðòèíêè êîðàáëÿ
     case BIDT_SHIPPICTURE:
       enable = distance < GetVisibilityRange(1);
       if (CheckAttribute(chRef, "unknownShip") == true && sti(chRef.unknownShip) == true) {
         if (enable) DeleteAttribute(chRef, "unknownShip");
       } else {
         enable = true;
       }
       if (iRealismMode == 0 || enable) {
         if (CharacterIsDead(chRef)) {
           BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0;
           BI_intNRetValue[1] = 7;
           BI_intNRetValue[2] = true;
           break;
         }
       }
// KK -->
       BI_intNRetValue[0] = 5;
       BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2;
       st = GetCharacterShipType(chRef);
       if (st >= 0 && st < SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY) {
         if (iRealismMode == 0 || enable) {
           if (CheckAttribute(&ShipsTypes[st], "BI.Pic") && CheckAttribute(&ShipsTypes[st], "BI.Tex")) {
             BI_intNRetValue[0] = sti(ShipsTypes[st].BI.Pic);
             BI_intNRetValue[1] = sti(ShipsTypes[st].BI.Tex);
           } else {
             BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0;
             BI_intNRetValue[1] = 11;
           }
         }
// <-- KK
         BI_intNRetValue[2] = false;
       }
     break;

And from the PotC ships_init.c:
Code:
    -BI.Pic is the little pic in Battle Interface (i.e. when sailing). Case for this must exist in BI.c
     *This is autogenerated (= *.name) on final loop if it does not already exist.

-BigPic is the big pic name (in Ships, hold, shipyard, etc.) Must have matching entry in pictures.ini
     *This is autogenerated (= *.name) on final loop if it does not already exist.

-BigPicTex is for GetShipTexture() and is -1 for unused, 1 for Galeoths (and BP/Warship)
       and 0 for else.
     *This is autogenerated (= 0) on final loop if it does not already exist.

-BigPicTexName is for GetShipTextureName() and is "", "SHIPS1", and "SHIPS16" respectively as above.
     *This is autogenerated (= SHIPS16) on final loop if it does not already exist.
Code:
  refShip.BI.Tex = 10;
   refShip.BI.Pic = 4;

As far as I can see, the CoAS code is much simplified compared to the PotC code, which does seem to make it more difficult to work with. :facepalm

Thx for info i did check those codes before but they cant be used in coas or make similar thing in coas anyway i manage to find new design for those images so i can atm use max 64 images and thats fine ill drop out few ships which have ugly model and tex and ill use same image for similar ships like tartane,war tartane and fr_dilligente they look almost same model design so they can be applyed to same picture but only for small portrait not big ones

Ok ship mini portraits finished and ship command icons also next is to update character mini portraits and redesign of gerald and sails and making nation ships with nation sails lol

I tryed to make my smoke from cannon fire white but even my texture is white game still shows gray-darkgray-white effect animation of smoke i bet there is a code with argb part which gives color to particles any tipps?

The CoAS particle system is 100% different from the PotC one. I've never looked at it. :oops:

Im working now on videos and atm im doing new PA video so im curious do u have ur own logo except text? I saw other mods pa video is that ur main logo and if it is can u pls upload image here
New video will be 1280x720 (720p) quality with sailing ship on open sea and then i need logo image to make it spawn in video and after logo text will spawn also video already have music its finished i just need input logo and save it

Duration of video is 14 secs

504mb trailer lol i just need PA logo image nothing else can u provide it?

btw my 1920x1080 pa logo video have only 14mb :D

Progress Info:
....................Version 2.21 Ship battleinterface.........................
redesigned ship mini images for battleinterface ui
i manage to do image for each ship i have vanilla and imported ships so no more
having class 1 ship with portrait of tartane
90% of ships have their own portrait and rest 10% are using those 90%
example - tartane,war_tartane and fr_dilligente using same image becouse they
are 98% same model design so all 3 ships are applyed to 1 image

........................Version 2.29 battleinterface.........................
Redesign complete battle interface UI
increased icon size from 48x48 up to 64x64 and made texture 128x128 instead
64x64
changed and adjusted font sizes so there is no more to big or to small text
completly new hd icons for worldmap,land command,sea command
completly new hd battle interface UI like indicators for hp,character indicators,
ship and more
........................Version 2.33 Worldmap.........................
New HD textures for mini ships on world map with detailed nation sails
Adjusted sea colors of world map
increased ship view range so now u can see ships far away they dont dissapear
anymore so now u sea much much more ships on world map which makes
it alot more active then before

anyone can help me get water bump animation textures like in RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA\BUMP_G2MX
something like those textures but in 256x256 or bigger size it doesnt matter are they colored or not also it doesnt matter are they normal maps or not just to be animated
im not trying to replace texs in that folder couse they arent applyed to game even they are here but i found a way to replace sea textures which are fused with amp1 and amp2 codes becouse texture animation actually creates sea surface and waves not amp1 and amp2 those codes are only for little boost for texture
so i need resources of those textures

Back