• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Information aboute The New Pirate Age - Update! [WIP]

A question can I make new Quest with Characters of the Jack Sparrow Storyline or is it not Possible?
I'm pretty certain I already answered exactly that question to you several months ago.
As much as it pains me to say it, I really do have better things to do with my time than to explain it again.

@Grey Roger

Have I do add this in the Quest_reation File?
Er... you edit "quests_reaction.c" and add the line? If necessary, add a new "case" block to include the line. You already know how to trigger a quest case from within a dialog. So, write the dialog in which the character tells you that he's going to give you the item, then have the dialog trigger the quest case.

Or, if the character is selling you the item, just add the 'GiveItem2Character' line into the "dialog.c" file at the same place where you have the 'AddMoneyToCharacter' line for him to take your money.

@Grey Roger and @Pieter BoelenA question can I make new Quest with Characters of the Jack Sparrow Storyline or is it not Possible?
You already know how to add characters to your storyline. If you want characters from the "Jack Sparrow" storyline, just copy them from the "Jack Sparrow" files into your files.

@Grey Roger
Is it Possible that I can make that a Character is only on this day on his Position?
You already know how to place a character, e.g.
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Navigator"), "Turks_port", "goto", "goto21");
When you want him in that position, put a line like that in your "quests_reaction.c" code. When you want to make him disappear:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Navigator"), "None", "");
Replace "Navigator" with the ID of whichever character you want to place or remove.

@Grey Roger
Ok.
I will make this a New Quest line in the quest_reation.c File

Which after I talk with Raylight, Pirate Shanks and Trafalgar appiers on their Places.

Please look at the file please.

Presumably you mean this bit:
Code:
        case "Henry_Quest":
           AddPassenger(PChar, CharacterFromID("Henry", 0);
           GiveItem2Character(PChar, "Galleobook");
       break;
Have you defined "Henry" in any of your character files? Where is case "Henry_Quest" triggered - from a dialog? Also, have you defined "Galleobook" in any of the item files?

Assuming that "Henry" exists, "Galleobook" exists, and you trigger this quest case, it will put "Henry" into your passenger list and give you "Galleobook". "Henry" is not an officer, nor does he join your fleet in a ship. You can probably assign him as an officer from the F2 -> "Passengers" screen.

@Grey Roger
Yes I have Henry and Carnia(Models how looks like) He is looking on Sant Martin for some support. I will post later on me Homepage a Quest walkthrough.

I also think to make a new quest with the Character: Barabossa, Davy Jones, Blackbeard and Eduard Teach us Pirat Lord. This Quest will also then be in me Update Projekt for NH-Remasterd. But it is no problem if I can not make this in POTC NH.

How have to use the Code in the Quest_reation about a Charakter Appiser only After a Dialog Talk.

Why not try playing the scene to see if it works? There is quest case "Skullface_Quest", which is triggered from dialog with Skullface. It takes some money from you and gives you "SecretBook". So go and talk to Skullface and see what happens.

I also think to make a new quest with the Character: Barabossa, Davy Jones, Blackbeard and Eduard Teach us Pirat Lord. This Quest will also then be in me Update Projekt for NH-Remasterd. But it is no problem if I can not make this in POTC NH.
Note that Davy Jones and Blackbeard already appear in the main game. You can't have Edward Teach and Blackbeard because Blackbeard was Edward Teach!

How have to use the Code in the Quest_reation about a Charakter Appiser only After a Dialog Talk.
Write a quest case in "quests_reaction.c" which puts the character in place. Make the dialog trigger that quest case. You already know how to put a character into place and you already know how to make a dialog trigger a quest case.

@Grey Roger
Ah ok Fine! So then I only copy the Character out for the NH-Remastered Update Projekt.

And for the POTC:NH Uploade Projekt i creat the first Quest.
Yes if I have time I will test it.

Thanks for the help, now I know more.

There's no obvious folder in the Dropbox which could contain a questbook text file. Anyway, I don't need to check it because you can check it yourself. Just play the scene in which an entry from the file should go into your questbook and see if it appears.

@Grey Roger

In the next time upload a dialog Txt and Code file with the Note_1 Funktion.

The File is Vigaro_Dialog .

Look at the pdf Quest4-Lineup.pdf

Please can you check it?

Cu Pk

Last edited:
"Vigaro_dialog.c":
Code:
       case "Vigaro_dialog1":
           dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[2];
           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[3];
           link.l1.go = "Vigaro_dialog2";
       break;

case "Vigaro_dialog1":
           dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[4];
           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[5];
           link.l1.go = "Vigaro_dialog2";
       break;
You have not defined case "Vigaro_dialog2". See if you can work out what needs to change. Also, DLG_TEXT[5] is "Okay I'll make it." which looks like the end of the conversation, so you'll need to change the "link.l1.go" line.

"Vigaro_dialog.h":
Code:
"I am[Player Name].the Captain from the [Ship Name]. A Smuggler told me that he was attacked by a gallon and everything was taken away. And that catches a pirate all the goods where come to the Smuggler Lair. Just wanted to ask the gun master.",
If you want to put placeholders into a "dialog.h" file, use "#s" at the start of the label and "#" at the end. For example:
Code:
"I am #sPlayerName#, the Captain from the #sShipName#. A Smuggler told me that he was attacked by a gallon and everything was taken away. And that catches a pirate all the goods where come to the Smuggler Lair. Just wanted to ask the gun master.",
The "dialog.c" file can then be made to fill them in like this:
Code:
Preprocessor_Add("PlayerName", GetMySimpleName(PChar));
Preprocessor_Add("ShipName", PChar.Ship.Name);
Those lines would go into case "First Time" because the line with the variables is DLG_TEXT[1].

Back