• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Information aboute The New Pirate Age - Update! [WIP]

"blade4" is a cutlass. Look in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c" to see all the items which are available.

The dialog says that you are to give Skullface 800 gold. Here's how you do that:
Code:
PlayStereoSound("INTERFACE\took_item.wav");
AddMoneyToCharacter(PChar, -800);
The 'PlayStereoSound' command is not necessary for giving the money. It just makes a nice "chink" sound so the player knows he has just given or received money.

Check "Skullface_dialog.c". For some reason, you have lost the "A" from the "AddDialogExitQuest" line, so that at case "The_Deal_Ende" you have:
Code:
ddDialogExitQuest("Skullface_Quest");

Case "Skullface_Quest" in "quests_reaction.c" looks alright. In the story, what is the book supposed to to? Does it give the character any special ability?

@Grey Roger
Ok ups thankss

But what did you mean with that:
what is the book supposed to to? Does it give the character any special ability?

The new Quest item work is the next work what I make.

Have I to add some in Tempquest and Tempquestenemy at the Character?

I meant what I said - what is the book supposed to do? It may be that one of the existing books will be suitable if it does something similar.

Item definitions do not go into "TempQuest" or "TempQuestEnemy". Those files are for characters, not items.

Create folder "PROGRAM\Storyline\NewPirateAge\items". Into there, copy the file "initQuestItems.c". At the moment it only contains a definition for a "SecurityLetter" because it's the file from my own storyline with all but that one item removed.

You should already have folder "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\NewPirateAge" because your questbooks go into a subfolder "QUESTBOOK". So, into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH", copy the file "ItemsDescribe.txt". This also is copied from my storyline with everything removed except the line for "SecurityLetter".

The entry on "initQuestItems.c" looks like this:
Code:
n = InitQuestItem(n,"SecurityLetter",   "SecurityLetter",   "",     4,   14,   0,0,   "",   "",   "","",   "","","");
Replace both "SecurityLetter" with the ID of your book. The first number is the file in which the item's interface picture will be found, so 4 means it is in "RESOURCE\TEXTURES\INTERFACES\items4.tga.tx". The second number is which picture from that file is used for the item. The top left picture is number 1. So picture 14 in "items4.tga.tx" is a letter with a seal attached. That is what you will see in your inventory list if you play my story and you get the security letter.

There are some nice books in "items13.tga.tx". If you don't already have it, download TX Convertor. This converts the .tga.tx files used by the game into .tga files which can be read by Photoshop, GIMP or other picture editing programs. It also allows you to look at the .tga.tx files without converting them. Use it to look through "items13.tga.tx" and find a book picture which you like. Work out which number it is.

In "InitQuestItems.c", change the 4 to 13. Change the 14 to whichever number points to the book picture you want to use. If you want the black one with the orange bookmark, for example, it's number 6.

Now edit "ItemsDescribe.txt". At the moment it is just this:
Code:
itmname_SecurityLetter   {Letter to Prison Commandant}
itmdescr_SecurityLetter
{
This document orders the commandant to provide security troops for a payroll ship which will depart from #sHavana#.
}
Change both "SecurityLetter" to the ID of your book in "initQuestItems.c". Change "Letter to Prison Commandant" to a short description of your book - perhaps the book's title. Change the line between the "{" and the "}" to be a longer description of your book - perhaps what it does.

Attachments

• initQuestItems.c
    1.1 KB · Views: 83
  • ItemsDescribe.txt
    202 bytes · Views: 91
@Grey Roger

Ok Thanks.
Here the Infos about the Itemes?
* Book of the Craibian Secrests: nothing
* The Shadow Katana Blade: Fencing: +2
* Broken Trident: Fencing:+3, Sailing: +3
* The Eagles Eye Necklace: Accuracy +2
* The Mystic Hourglass: Sneak: +1

What have to doe that this hapen?

CU

Last edited:
Have a look at "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\items\initQuestItems.c". You'll see that, between all the 'initQuestItem' lines and the final 'QUESTITEMS_QUANTITY = n;' line, there's a section called "GENERAL:" which has only one item, a wedding ring. Add a similar section to your "initQuestItems.c" and change all the information about "WeddingRing" to match your items.

But first, does the scene with the Dark Assassin work properly yet? Does he talk to you? If so, does he then fight you?

@Grey Roger
Please can you check the Files in me Dropbox in the Folder Itembox. All what I add can you find with "New Pirate Age" or "Pirateking"!

The Vivre Card and the The Smuggler Route Plan are items which have only some Quest Character and can not bought and find on some
Ships!

Thanks Cu

pk

Last edited:
"initItems.c": you have added "bladep202" and "bladep205" into a part of the file reserved for the "Woodes Rogers" and "Bartolomeu" storylines. They will not appear in your storyline.
Code:
n = InitQuestBlade(n, "bladeC38","           bladeC38",  9,        7, 30.0, 50.0,       20, 30, "",       3,  0); // Shusui Sabre - Shadow Katana - New Pirate Age Pirateking
There is a " missing from the second "bladeC38".
"vivre_card" and "Smuggler-route" would probably be better in your "initQuestItems.c" file, in the same section as "hourglass" and "Eageleye".

In both "initItems.c" and "initQuestItems.c", NPA should be "NPA". That is, it must have quote marks. Apart from that, "initQuestItems.c" looks alright. "itemsNPA.png" looks alright, provided you have "itemsNPA.tga.tx" for the game to use.

"initItems.c""bladeC38" also seems to be in the section reserved for other quests. Move it to below this line:
Code:
//items here: common or quest + common use

"initQuestItems.c": You have not put the quote marks round "NPA".

Try checking things yourself. Play the scene for which they are intended. If it doesn't work, then ask for help. And on that note, does the Dark Assassin scene work?

@Grey Roger
I uploaded in me Dropbox a Quest-Note File,
Where you can see me Quest Ideas for the:
• POTC:NH - New Pirate Age Update Projekt
• NH-Remastered - New Pirate Age Update

The File will e in the Folder Note. It is only for Better Understand what I will make to doe.
Cu

As an example, to put Skullface into your passenger list:
Code:
AddPassenger(PChar, CharacterFromID("Dealer", 0);
You probably don't want to use Skullface, but he's a good example because his ID is not the same as his name, and it's his ID that has to go into that line.

To make the character one of your active party:
Code:
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, GetCharacterIndex("Dealer"));
You can use 1, 2 or 3 to put the character into different slots.

To take the character out of your party:
Code:
RemoveOfficersIndex(PChar, GetCharacterIndex("Dealer"));

And to remove him entirely from your ship's passengers:
Code:
RemovePassenger(PChar, characterFromID("Dealer"));

You already know how to make his ship join your fleet because you already have code to make Trafalgar Law and Redhair Shanks join you.

@Grey Roger
Ok Nice Thanks
What is the code of a Character give me a item after a dialog.
For example: Henry Turner give me after Talk the diary of Galleo Gallei.

Thanks.

Cu

Back