• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Information aboute The New Pirate Age - Update! [WIP]

He asks if you've solved the problem and you say "No, not yet, I was not there yet." You have no choice because there is no alternative at "Node_1".

The dialog will proceed to "Node_2", where he says "Then come back when you solved the problem." and you have the choice to either say "Ok" or to say that you defeated DoFlamingo. The first choice will exit the dialog; the second choice, about DoFlamingo, leads to the rest of the dialog.

If you told him about DoFlamingo then, from "Node_3" and "Node_4":
Him: "This is very good. My boss expects from Couzmel a highly explosive delivery."
You: "My boss would be glad if you can pick this up."
Him: "Yes, I can make it clear. I just put my ship back in order and then I set off."
You: "Ok great I give my boss modest. Ask there for Golass."
And then the dialog will fail because "Node_4" ends with 'Link.l1.go = "Smuggler_route_Quest";' and there is no "Smuggler_route_Quest" in the dialog file. It's not in "quests_reaction.c" either, and anyway, if you're trying to trigger something in "quests_reaction.c", that's not the way to do it. You have done this before - look at some of your other dialogs, such as the one for Skullface, to see what you did.

You probably want "Node_1" to give you the choice to say "No, not yet, I was not there yet." or "Yes have solved the problem. The pirate was Donquixote Doflamingo, he has the routes plan of the Smuggler ships. I defeated him." So that is where you will need the "link.l2" lines.

Check your DLG_TEXT line numbers. If they are wrong, you and he will say the wrong lines.

@Grey Roger

Can you Pk check it.
I have now changed.

In my Office the EDV Managers did block all the work tools that I need for Mod Working so in the Office I can not check up the code be my self. Cu thanks

Once again, check your DLG_TEXT line numbers. Figure out what he's saying and what you're saying, especially in "Node_2". ("Node_2" seems to be where the dialog goes if, in "Node_1", you tell him that you have not solved the problem. You probably don't need "link.l2" in "Node_2".)

Check "Node_4". You did not copy the command word correctly.

And then you can check the whole dialog yourself by playing the scene. For that matter, have you played the scenes with Dark Assassin or Skullface to check that they work the way you want?

@Grey Roger

Can delete the Character in the Turk_house1_inside for me Story line?
The. Character is called „RobertNeNoir“

Is yes how? With which code?

Please can you check in Dropbox the files:
Quest_reaction.c and the
Vigaro Dialog Files ?

Thanks

Cu

Last edited:
The basic command to remove a character is 'ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("RobertNeNoir"), "None", "");'

But you probably don't want to do that if you're in the same room as him, otherwise he'll vanish like a wizard! Try something like this:
Code:
case "remove_Robert1":
    PChar.quest.remove_Robert2.win_condition.l1 = "ExitFromLocation";
    PChar.quest.remove_Robert2.win_condition.l1.location = PChar.location;
    PChar.quest.remove_Robert2.win_condition = "remove_Robert2";
break;

case "remove_Robert2":
    ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("RobertNeNoir"), "None", "");
break;
Then trigger case "remove_Robert1" however you like - perhaps from a dialog with him. "remove_Robert1" sets up a trigger which activates when you leave whichever location you're in - so, if you're standing in "Turk_house1" when this happens, then the trigger will activate when you leave the house. And that's when "remove_Robert2" happens. "remove_Robert2" has that line to send him to "None". If you now go back into the house, Robert should not be there.

As for checking the "quests_reaction.c" and dialog files - you can check them yourself by playing the scene with Vigaro. What happens when you do?

Ah puh. Ok i look for a ather place.

Put I could need some help.
What code need I if only after the dialog with Redhair Shanks or Trafalgar he the Ship adds to me Fleet.
Now it is like that if I arrive the island and go to town the ships add to me fleet, but will have that it adds after the dialog.

What have I to make?

For Trafalgar D. Law:

At present, in case "Start", you have this:
Code:
            Pchar.quest.Trafalgar_joins.win_condition.l1 = "location";
            Pchar.quest.Trafalgar_joins.win_condition.l1.location = "Alice_tavern";
            Pchar.quest.Trafalgar_joins.win_condition = "Trafalgar_Law_joins";
This triggers case "Trafalgar_Law_joins" as soon as you enter Alice tavern. You do not want that, so delete this piece of code.

You have already added the line 'AddDialogExitQuest("Trafalgar_Law_joins");' to "Trafalgar_allianz_dialog.c", so talking to him should trigger the quest case - his ship should join yours after you talk to him.

The same with Redhair Shanks - delete the lines from case "Start" which trigger case "Redhair_joins" when you enter Turks tavern.

Hello Guys.

I have a question to all POTC:NH Modder and to all NHRM Developers:

To all POTC:NH What are you think which Character Model look like this „Pirate“ in the Atachment.
I think I could use the White Assassin Model.

To all NHRM. Hy is it Possible that you can create a Pirate Character how like the Pirate ob the Atachment, which we can use as Playable Character and is NPC Passager/Officer? Is this Possible.

Cu PK

Attachments

• F0CAEB38-7D90-4CE7-B98E-4B0BA3F7D70A.jpeg
    F0CAEB38-7D90-4CE7-B98E-4B0BA3F7D70A.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 46
"Assassin2" is, I believe, supposed to look like a character from "Assassin's Creed". So yes, the White Assassin model ("Assassin2") would be the easiest to modify to look like that pirate.

@Grey Roger
I have testet yesterday the dialog Text from skullface. In the game I have empty dialog Fields.
I uploaded later the files in to the Dropbox.

Can you please check it for errors.

Cu

You looked at your own error logs yet?
The game has probably made some for you.

I can't find your Dropbox page any more. Please repost the link.

Also, if there is a file "error.log", please post that.

"Skullface_dialog.c": you have two of case "Skullface_dialog2".

Also:
Code:
       case "Skullface_dialog4":
           dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[10];
           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[11];
           link.l1.go = "Skullface_dialog5";
           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[12];
           link.l2.go = "Note_1";
       break;
You do not have case "Note_1". You have case "Node_1". Either change that 'link.l2.go' line or rename "Node_1" to "Note_1". It doesn't matter what the case is called, but the case name and the 'link.l2.go' must match.

Back