• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

And i presume the game version is 1.6.0

Can you post a screenshot of the game's main folder, please?
It will help in understanding the situation.

EDIT: If you just extracted to the main folder there should be a HookMod 1.6.0 folder, from that folder copy the files/folders inside and it should work, if that's the case.

The folder that you want to open and copy everything inside looks like this inside:
Screenshot_2019-08-08-21-56-44-274_com.android.fileexplorer.png

(Not all files, just for reference.)

Hope i have helped you. :cheers

Last edited:
Hi, new member here and big fan of pirate games, and your community!

have the same problem with Hooks mod. have 1.6 version of the game, copy paste the folders and files including PROGRAM to my steam/steamapps/common/Sea Dogs To Each His Own folder, but nothing changes in the game. My main problem is the meeting with de Poincy after the siege on Curacao is complete, so mission done, I come back to talk to him, and crash. Some runtime error. I read people solve it with this mod with a few adjustments, but i just cant get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, thanks for the very quick reply! did not expect this, a pleasant surprise after my nap :)

So basically, i have 2 problems with the Hook mod. First, i dont see that the hook mod was installed, and second, i dont see the quests folder and the reaction_functions.c file in it. I downloaded the hook mod from this thread, 4th page. Any thoughts?

Edit: I just tried the Black Pearl Mod and the crash is resolved!
I managed to make Hook Mod work too, but the game pace is a bit too slow for me, so ill just stay with your mod I think. Thanks so much! :))

Again, Much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
If you don't want my mod you can do this:

Once you have downloaded the scripts find reaction_functions.c in them and add the file in Sea Dogs To Each His Own\PROGRAM\quests

EDIT: If you don't find the folders make them.

Last edited:
If you don't want my mod you can do this:

Once you have downloaded the scripts find reaction_functions.c in them and add the file in Sea Dogs To Each His Own\PROGRAM\quests

EDIT: If you don't find the folders make them.
Or attentively, just remove the files of my mod and verify the game with steam.

Since you got past the bug you won't have any problems.

Hello everyone!
Is it just me or the last update has broken Hook's mod? I noticed that after the update (October 15th) time started to go by faster in the world map.
Apart from that, I'm doing the Flying the Jolly Roger quest and
after gathering the arms and everything in the chest for the releasing plan at the platation, I go to the plantation and talk to this guy and tell him to wait for my signal. Then time goes by until 0:44 or something like that and I can't go out of the plantation, I have no "Talk to myself" option, even when it's later than 3:00.
So I can do nothing to finish the quest nor can I go somewhere else, it's a dead end. In other words, I guess this is also something the mod had fixed in the first place and now it's broken again and the quest can't be completed.

I really like the game and this makes it impossible to continue playing it. It's a shame. Does anyone have the same problems these days?

Hello everyone!
Is it just me or the last update has broken Hook's mod? I noticed that after the update (October 15th) time started to go by faster in the world map.
Apart from that, I'm doing the Flying the Jolly Roger quest and
after gathering the arms and everything in the chest for the releasing plan at the platation, I go to the plantation and talk to this guy and tell him to wait for my signal. Then time goes by until 0:44 or something like that and I can't go out of the plantation, I have no "Talk to myself" option, even when it's later than 3:00.
So I can do nothing to finish the quest nor can I go somewhere else, it's a dead end. In other words, I guess this is also something the mod had fixed in the first place and now it's broken again and the quest can't be completed.

I really like the game and this makes it impossible to continue playing it. It's a shame. Does anyone have the same problems these days?

Hello there, mate!
I just registered here a few moments ago to tell you that I also noticed the same thing. My 'hotfix' to this is:
1. Find and edit tehomod_hookmod.ini file located in the main game folder.
2. Find line 8 which should be: ReqVersion=ver. 1.6.0.ENG
3. Change it to: ReqVersion=
4. Save the file and enjoy the game with Hook's mod working again!
5. Cheers, mate :)

Welcome aboard @GreHib!!! :cheers

This does have some disadvantages, for example modded dialog files used by the HookMod not using the new translation, but until someone updates it the new version at least you can use the mod.

Hello everyone!
Is it just me or the last update has broken Hook's mod? I noticed that after the update (October 15th) time started to go by faster in the world map..
You're right. And I tried fixing it but it won't let me.
Hello there, mate!
I just registered here a few moments ago to tell you that I also noticed the same thing. My 'hotfix' to this is:
1. Find and edit tehomod_hookmod.ini file located in the main game folder.
2. Find line 8 which should be: ReqVersion=ver. 1.6.0.ENG
3. Change it to: ReqVersion=
4. Save the file and enjoy the game with Hook's mod working again!
5. Cheers, mate :)
This takes everything back to normal, indeed. :dance
..This does have some disadvantages, for example modded dialog files used by the HookMod not using the new translation, but until someone updates it the new version at least you can use the mod.
TNP, I don't think I quite understood what you mean here. Can you please elaborate?

I am saying that it still uses the old files, I didn't know that the version number hasn't changed but still some files must have changed.

Hi all,

Forgive me, I'm slightly confused.

I want to use this mod with the 1.6.2 patch which improves English localisation.

If I implement the helpful fix posted by GreHib above, can the mod still be used?

Will there be a definitive update to this mod to be compatible with the latest patch?

Thanks for all the hard work that is put into improving the game!

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm running Teho Mod 1.0 and Hooks Mod 6.0 on my 6.2 istallation of the game. I changed the tehomod_hookmod.ini according to the post above but when I start the game I get an runtime error.
Is there a way to run Hooks Mod with 6.2 or a way to revert to 6.0?

Thanks in advance!

Hooks mod is really the only thing that makes this game playable.

Back