• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

News: Yeah.

It seems that at least one of the new files they published wasn't the newest version so is causing crashes. So now I not only have to compare my mod against the published version, but also against the version that was testing and working, and that version against the published version.

Their main coder left, they're using an outside coder, he thought it would be too much work to incorporate our working version into whatever he had. So now I get to do all my work and all his too. And he was the one getting paid.

Don't be in a hurry. I'll keep people posted on progress as it happens.

Hook

Their main coder left, they're using an outside coder, he thought it would be too much work to incorporate our working version into whatever he had. So now I get to do all my work and all his too. And he was the one getting paid.
:diomed

You should get yourself hired by these guys as outside coder.
Since... you know... you do it anyway.

I suggested it to Anders. He'd be a natural for this. He did all the work anyway.

I get a bad feeling when a company says getting it right is too much work. In this case, "right" means it doesn't crash the first time someone plays through it. Like the crash after you talk to Poincy. That's when you're supposed to get the achievement, but the achievement isn't defined and the game crashes. We encountered that ourselves and put in code to fix it, which isn't in the current game.

So now they'll have to issue an update, which makes me go through the mod update process yet again.

Hook

I get a bad feeling when a company says getting it right is too much work. In this case, "right" means it doesn't crash the first time someone plays through it. Like the crash after you talk to Poincy. That's when you're supposed to get the achievement, but the achievement isn't defined and the game crashes. We encountered that ourselves and put in code to fix it, which isn't in the current game.

So now they'll have to issue an update, which makes me go through the mod update process yet again.
:facepalm

Could I ask, what file/line is being modified to decrease the time on the worldmap. Been poking at it and cannot work it out.

Scratch that, worked it out. :)

Last edited:
In next version please add fast travel to friendly and foe ships, without it most of the time you need to load previous saves to approach or catch enemy ship. Or do something with this glitchy wind. Most of the time is againts me and loading previous saves its not funny...

Hello Hook,

Will you make a new update for version 1.6.0? I would really like to try out your mod however my version now is 1.6.0 which I can't seem to install your mod anymore.

thank you.

1.5.2 working fine, you just have to remove line ReqVersion=1.5.2 ENG from tehomod_hookmod file..
Should look like this :
ReqVersion=

OMG I have just written that version 1.5.2 of hookmod works fine with 1.6.0. You just need to remove this line with game version 1.5.2 ENG

Marcin89, since you say the 1.0 version for 1.5.2 work with 1.6.0, I would like to know if you would share de file since it has been taken down by hook.

Not seeing my crew while in first person on my ship is really a immersion set back for me! hook was my savior thank you!

When playing this mod, everytime I hit N, a full skilled officer spawn for me and hitting U add 250k pesos everytime to my account… is there a way to disable this cheat mod and only play hook's mod?

Hello! Yet another asker for 1.5.2.
Could someone send me the the file, I would love to play this game and fully enjoy it, but I've just been running into many issues, that hook's mod would fix. Thanks a ton hook for making it, hopefully I can get a copy!

Try this. It's updated to 1.6.0 and also includes "sail to" fix, but I have no testers to ensure that everything is working as intended.
So make a reliable save before using this and report if you face any issues.
Since installing, I've lost my targeting reticle in 1st person ship view..

Back