• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

So I did check out stormex and wow, the PROGRAM files got changed a lot. The "Tichingitu" file isn't even there anymore. The entire "Sharlie" folder got wiped out lol or has been moved somewhere else. xD:facepalm
I guess it's back to zero. :moddingxD

Really? :shock

So it turns out updating my Black Pearl mod to the new version is going to take more work than expected.

Good thing I haven't yet updated the game so I can still use my chosen mods.;)

When I find the time I will update my mod, the HookMod and Active map if @kb31 and/or @LarryHookins don't do it.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait, due to my limited time. :(

Thanks, Nameless Pirate that would be great!
It's a shame really that such a small patch undoes the work the community did.
True.

On the other side, it's pretty great that they're still officially patching this game!
That shows dedication on the side of the developers.

All previous games in the series have long since been abandoned by the people who made them.
So... silver linings, I suppose. :cheeky

On the other side, it's pretty great that they're still officially patching this game!
That shows dedication on the side of the developers.
Exactly, I really like that they still support the game, TEHO from what I know, is the most officially supported game in the series.

And when I have the time, I really enjoy the process of modding, so I don't mind having to update my code every once in a while. ;)

But from an only player perspective, you lose your mods for a while so that is not so good.

TEHO from what I know, is the most officially supported game in the series.
Definitely.
By FAR!

But from an only player perspective, you lose your mods for a while so that is not so good.
Would be nice if the developers and modders could get to working together somehow.
But I believe there are some politics that make that difficult for some reason...

Hi everyone, im new here :)

Im about 30 hours into the game, and have been using hook's mod and the latest localization patch since the beginning, using the tip in this thread about the change in "Reqversion". So far i have not encountered any problems, but what about the rest of you?

Thank you :) I know that i said i had not encountered any problems, but this evening i actually noticed a few translation differences. It turns out that the translation is different when the mod is activated.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 393
Last edited:
@DavyJack may know, I haven't updated TEHO so I don't know for sure.
Well, my computer is currently messed up and I don't know what's going on with the updates atm. But I did have complications with the MOD and the update when my files were still here. I'm not downloading anything yet until my motherboard gets replaced and all the problems are fixed in my computer.
Thank you :) I know that i said i had not encountered any problems, but this evening i actually noticed a few translation differences. It turns out that the translation is different when the mod is activated.
Yes, the update was to fix the English Translation as many have complained and you probably have noticed as well as I did that a lot of the dialogues were indeed messed up.
How do we contact Hook? I've started a conversation but seems like he's inactive for a while.
He has been inactive for quite some time now.

Is it because of the translation improvement in hook's mod that the dialogue scrips used with the mod are from the old version or is it a fix to bugs in some quest dialogue ? If it is only the translation, then shouldn't there already be some proper dialogue translation due to hook's mod translation improvement, just like in the picture i posted above, where the english translation is still good, and then localization patch 1.6.1 should just effect the dialogue scrips not used by the hook mod? Or have i misunderstood something :)

Last edited:
The dialog is indeed the one from 1.6.0, since this version of HookMod is made for that version.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, i made an edit to my previous post and question while you replied:
Is it because of the translation improvement in hook's mod that the dialogue scrips used with the mod are from the old version or is it a fix to bugs in some quest dialogue ? If it is only the translation, then shouldn't there already be some proper dialogue translation due to hook's mod translation improvement, just like in the picture i posted above, where the english translation is still good, and then localization patch 1.6.1 should just effect the dialogue scrips that has not been improved by the hook mod? Or things are not that simple?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, i made an edit to my previous post and question while you replied:
Is it because of the translation improvement in hook's mod that the dialogue scrips used with the mod are from the old version or is it a fix to bugs in some quest dialogue ? If it is only the translation, then shouldn't there already be some proper dialogue translation due to hook's mod translation improvement, just like in the picture i posted above, where the english translation is still good, and then localization patch 1.6.1 should just effect the dialogue scrips that has not been improved by the hook mod? Or things are not that simple?

Try contacting Hook via Steam. He's pretty active there. I hope I'm allowed to link to his profile.

Back