• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

Are there any other Asian models besides the ones we have though? I'm kind of board of constantly seeing the one we use as Sao Feng wherever we go. (Also, I think that we are also due for a revamp of COTBP to make it more like the movie along with adding prestigious crewmembers like Cotton and Marty)

Nope, we have no other Asians. And a revamp of CotBP I would definitely like, but who is going to do it and where do you want to find the character models?

There are about 12 African models for males from what I remember, and 3 or 4 for females. Do you know of any other character models from COAS?

On the modding section of the forum there is a list of models that were suggested to be made for Jack Sparrow but as Pieter says we need people to actually do the modelling :facepalm

ok i have changed it and now tipman appears. i now need to change him intto an asian model and i need to add diolog to that model. could you please guide me through the steps on how to do so. that would be greatly appreciated. sorry that im quite slow as this is my first real time coding

That's okay mate. WHat you need to do is go in to the quest file and replace the character under the "Thomas TIpman" name and replace him with the one that says "Mandarin". Sorry I can't go into any details, I don't have my modding computer so I can't look at the files myself. If you can't find the location to replace the model, I'm sure Pieter will be more than happy to go into details with you (he knows this stuff by heart)

You need to copy the applicable characters from the Standard storyline to the Jack Sparrow storyline from PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\characters\init to PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\characters\init .
Then you need to also copy the applicable dialog files from PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS and PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS\ENGLISH to the same folders in LegendJackSparrow.
Once you've done that, you can rename some of the characters in the characters init files, change the character ID references in the quests_reaction.c file so that it remains working and then you can change the dialog texts.

Also the questbook texts need to be copied from RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\standard\QUESTBOOK to RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\QUESTBOOK .

BTW: Can you put all your quest code in both_reaction.c instead of quests_reaction.c? We put the main quest in quests_reaction.c and the sidequests in both_reaction.c for clarity's sake.

ok ill do that but ive already checked andthere is no ambroz (the guy i changed to thomas tipman) dialog at all!

Actually does help alot putting the sidequests in both_reaction.c so glad I did it in the end...

Was so hard to find all the code that went with what in the standard one so its a better system in my opinion

ok so i found his diolog. transfered it to legend jack sparrow. when i start a new game and i go into the concieco tavern he appears and walks up to me but doesnt talk.
:( what should i do?

Well done, I remember that was my main problem when I started... could get them to come but could not get them to talk to save my life xD:

ok when im trying to get into matues santos' house i cant get in. the door is unlocked but i cannot get in what should i do?

Please make sure the location init code is in the correct file and check also that the } line is AFTER your added code and not before.
It was still bugged in the files you posted before, though is easily fixed.

On most other storylines, Santos' house is locked as well (his house on Port Royal and on San Juan). You have to edit the correction init code to make the building accessible.

where do you do that (but when i walk up to the door the lock isnt locked. its open but nothing happens when i preess open door)

Back