• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

yes . but i left it as it was but when i actually go to concieco tavern ,Ambroz Bricenos is not there
:/

:yes

Because Ambroz Bricenos is not a character in the Jack Sparrow story - so he has no entry in the character files ( I think ) in the character folder

You must either set up a new character for your story - or just to test the story ( to see if the characters appear in the right place ) use a character who is already set up in the story.

So look in the files in the characters folder for the characters that are already in the story.

Or if you just want to do a quick test pick a name from the dialog folder files. ( that gives a reasonable list of the characters available )

:drunk

ok so should i just type in for example thomas the terror into where it says Ambroz Bricenos and do i quick test if it works?

ok thank you. ill do it this afternoon and i'll put thomas tipman there. ill write back to tell you if it has worked

Ahoy Guys...

Just wondering if anyone has actually gone and attempted to code anymore of Hoist the Colours... they are most welcome to with the amount of uni work Im doing atm

Also if anyone knows all the recent ideas for the storyline if they could PM me in one message so I can have a look that would be excellent ;)

Cheers CTM

hey :). ive currently written up the storyline for mistress ching and i have started to code it into the game (as you can see from the above posts :p) after i've finished with the ching storyline we had an idea to do conclave and/or jolly roger before starting on DMC.

I cant remember how far I got through the pirate lord sidequests, was Mistress Ching the last one? :?

i think it was. if you have time do you want to read the misstress ching storyline that i wrote. its on page 8 or 9 in this topic

Ahoy Magee, how goes college? Were ye planning on continuing the the storyline this summer? You and Dawriter could work together.

ok thank you. ill do it this afternoon and i'll put thomas tipman there. ill write back to tell you if it has worked

To help you with your testing you may also want to do the following ( if you have not already )

Enable error logging see item #5 in this post---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

If things don't work this will help find the problem - the logs are generated in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

Enable cheats see item #2 in this post ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352880

InternalSettings.h is in the PROGRAM folder

This helps ( especially god-mode so you don't get killed when testing something, or if you need money )

Also at the bottom of InternalSettings.h near enable cheat mode:-

Code:
// ======================================
// Testing toggles
#define RANDOM_LOCS_TOGGLE				0
#define DISARM_MODE						0
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS				0
#define FREE_CAMERA						0
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT					0		// Prevent morale from plummeting if you have 1000000 gold over the estimated salaries and are not sharing with your crew
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE				1		// Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

there is #define VISIBLE_LOCATORS --- change this from 0 to 1

This will enable you to see all the locators where you can place people & things etc. Makes the game look strange when you play it, but very useful for making changes.

See image for example:

Hope this helps a bit.

When you are done with fixing the problem of him not appearing, I'd suggest changing the character from Thomas Tipman to one of the asian models (Mandarin or Indian), also, do we have other Asian models? When you are done with that, you can change the quest start location from Conception Bar to wherever in Dante's Nine Circles of Hell you wish.

To help you with your testing you may also want to do the following ( if you have not already )

Enable error logging see item #5 in this post---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

If things don't work this will help find the problem - the logs are generated in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

Enable cheats see item #2 in this post ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352880

InternalSettings.h is in the PROGRAM folder

This helps ( especially god-mode so you don't get killed when testing something, or if you need money )

Also at the bottom of InternalSettings.h near enable cheat mode:-

Code:
// Testing toggles
#define RANDOM_LOCS_TOGGLE				0
#define DISARM_MODE						0
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS				0
#define FREE_CAMERA						0
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT					0		// Prevent morale from plummeting if you have 1000000 gold over the estimated salaries and are not sharing with your crew
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE				1		// Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

there is #define VISIBLE_LOCATORS --- change this from 0 to 1

This will enable you to see all the locators where you can place people & things etc. Makes the game look strange when you play it, but very useful for making changes.

See image for example:

Hope this helps a bit.

heyy sorry for the late reply this website wasnt working yesterday. i tried putting thomas tipman in the game but he doesnt appear so ill try to do what you've posted talisman to see if it works.

Ahoy Magee, how goes college? Were ye planning on continuing the the storyline this summer? You and Dawriter could work together.
Not to bad atm, it has been very stressful... Got accepted for a new place today so that is one less stress I have to deal with...

The more likely option for me would be MY summer break as my 'summer' break is actually my winter break and only lasts for a month :(

I would be open to working with Dawriter and if I get some time Ill have a look at your idea matey :cheeky

i changed ambrioz to thomas tipman and he is supposed to appear in the same place ambrioz should but he doesnt. (conceico tavern i havent changed the locations yet)

When you're testing, is your character level 1 or higher? Note that you will need to start a new game.

Back