• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Heavy Sloop of War, 1797

Glad you like the textures. I certainly agree they compliment the model very well. :cheers
Aye, and hopefully her sails and the water running by her sides can compliment those soon too. :keith
Just finished converting her files to gm format, and they check out right in the gm viewer
http://www.pyratesah...vette%20Volage/
Craiggo- I'll get up a list of what textures go where for each version soon, and I'll also get the coordinates of the masts and spars up at the same time :onya

Thanks mate. But I don't need the coordinates because they transfer completely different in the tool then in Maya. Downloaded and I'll be looking forward to the textures.
me.gif

Oh ok, so do you need a guide for what goes where? I used the sailplan of the USS Wasp to determine all the dimensions of the rigging, then adjusted the location and rake of the masts to fit the hull of the volage http://historylink101.com/bw/sailing_ships/SailingShipsVZ/IMG_5560_s2a.html

So here is a guide to texturing:
Non nation-specific textures
Boat- HMS_Surprise20
Cannons- Inzanegune1
Fittings- d_Wood
Ropes_ ropeU2 (see Armada's post a page or so back with a link to new textures)

Nation specific textures

Great Britain
deck- dcRN.tga (new texture by armada)
masts-dcRN.tga (new texture by armada)
decoration (headrails and stern)- windowtrim
Inner hull- Phank_yellow
Outer Hull- RN_Hull_01

France
deck- dcFR.tga (new texture by armada)
masts-dcFR.tga (new texture by armada)
decoration (headrails and stern)- windowtrim
Inner hull- plank_red
Outer Hull- FR_Hull2 (ftp://potc@pyratesahoy.com@ftp.pyratesahoy.com/Capt%20Armstrong/Textures/FR_Hull2.tga)

America
deck- dcUS.tga (new texture by armada)
masts-dcUS.tga (new texture by armada)
decoration (headrails and stern)- US_windowtrim (ftp://potc@pyratesahoy.com@ftp.pyratesahoy.com/Capt%20Armstrong/Textures/US_windowtrim.tga)
Inner hull- ph3nk_blue
Outer Hull- US_Hull1

Just uploaded the maya files as I did with the Revolutionnaire so any problems can be troubleshot while i'm away :keith Here is the link http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Capt%20Armstrong/ship%20models/Corvette%20Volage/Maya%20files/

Should I re export the spanker files for this ship and the Revolutionnaire with 'opposite' checked? for correct behavior with the wind?

Here is the latest gents. I'v have the mizzen mast and stays and boom to attend to. Add some sailors on deck and other various rigging and she will be just about finished.

VolageStep2-1.jpg

Very, very nice. The squares on this one turned out well.
Edit: I don't know if you have a sail plan, but the fores'l usually comes down lower than the mains'l.

Looks awesome! Great work craiggo. I used
The sailplane of the USS Wasp, which can be
Found quickly with a google search. ( I only adjusted
The position and rake of the masts to fit the volage)

Back