• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I know there are incompatibility issues with COAS and POTC characters. Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

So PotC are not playable? o_O Well that makes me sad...very sad...

Thank you for the response though. I guess I'll just have to live with playing other characters.

PotC has only a few attack animations. I don't think anyone ever combined the PotC characters with the CoAS animations.

Is it possible to edit some files so I can save my game in whole city when I play in Hardcore mode?
I used to do a lot of quick saving and quick loading before (like for getting better Arabella in PB beginning quest), so I want to limit myself to saving only in towns (or few other locations beside church, like inside of ship).
So, can you help me? :)

Hi , i have an annoying bug . and the bug being that big i suspect a mod to cause this . i came across an hurricane and since then i only have hurricane weather . it's been 3 or 4 days (real days) i get this . i use 1.4 beta patch . is there any way to fix this

i already have Gof 2.0 patched to 1.4 . maybe it's the beta that causes this . it's pretty annoying it's been 3 (real) days i play with same weather . also is there official patches for that game . game i downloaded was 1.0.0.1

Hello folks,

just downloaded GOF 2.0 for the third time and still having the same issue. Archive does not extract via 7zip. Always telling me archive cannot be opened. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Arrr

Hi , i was thinking of an idea for that (great) mod it's to create cargo inside boat hold , to avoid that empty hold . idea would consist in a simple textured cube with a normal map , and only it's size would differ according to the size of your cargo . also as i'm here i'm going to report few bugs i found . in fact that mod is pretty stable but here are two bugs . one it's when you play dices at the tavern , hero is not sat correctly . and the other it's with the musketter weapon , hero harms are messed up

and there's is another bug too , when you look at some islands from far , there's a kind of shadow line . like what you have with a bugguey lod

and don't know if it's correct place to post but i was thinking of another mod idea too . i don't like much the undead , if there was an option to replace them by real "living" pirates it could be cool . i'm not sure it could be done though as i didn't finished the game yet

All: The GOF2 site has been under attack off and on for months now. If you are having problems please download it again as the attacks seem to have stopped for now.

The musketeer problem is known. It works with some models but not others.

The floating islands are a "feature" of the game that no one has been able to fully correct.

The undead can be changed for living pirates but were left in by popular request.

i need help in the ascold quest guys....when i have to go to the amatice bay for the list i find only two spanish ships instead of ten manowars and the list is not in the cabins of those ships!please help me thanks!

i need help in the ascold quest guys....when i have to go to the amatice bay for the list i find only two spanish ships instead of ten manowars and the list is not in the cabins of those ships!please help me thanks!
This is a well-known bug since GoF 1.x that was fixed years ago.
But for some strange reason it was transferred to GoF 2.x unfixed.

Open quests_reaction.c and find this code:
Code:
        case "Ascold_AttackTenManowars":
            LocatorReloadEnterDisable("Tenotchitlan_Jungle_02", "reload3_back", true); //закроем до поры храм
            pchar.questTemp.Ascold = "ILookedThisAss";
            // ==> корабль, куда помещаем предметы
            i = rand(9)+1;
            pchar.questTemp.Ascold.Ship = "AscoldCaptainAttack_" + i;
            // ==> меняем дейскрайб судового журнала
            ChangeItemDescribe("ShipsJournal", "itmdescr_ShipsJournal_Ascold");
            Group_FindOrCreateGroup("Ascold_Spa_Attack");
            Group_SetType("Ascold_Spa_Attack", "war");
            // ==> Испанские кэпы
            SetNationRelation2MainCharacter(SPAIN, RELATION_ENEMY);
            for (i = 1; i <=2; i++)
            {

Set rand(1) instead of rand(9) in forth statement.

Or set 10 instead of 2 in last statement to get 10 man-o-wars back.
In this case you have to change 2 to 10 also here:
Code:
case "Ascold_ManowarRepair": //ремонт мановаров
            if (pchar.location != "Beliz")
            {
                for (i=1; i<=2; i++)

But I'm afraid you ought to start a new game anyway...

Last edited:
thanks a lot but what do you mean start a new game?
New hero of first level.
As far as I remember any changes for quest in progress cannot be done "on the fly" and require starting a new game.
Or at least restore savegame BEFORE Ascold quest was initiated.

That code change would only require a savegame to be loaded from before the "Ascold_ManowarRepair" case was executed.

hello,
where can I download Gentleman of fortune mod. I did it once from PiratesAhoy! FTP and now I don't have permission to access there...
THX and sorry for the trouble ;)

Back