• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Can somebody help or explain why the music sometimes disappears, like I'll have music playing and then its gone? Have I done something wrong with the install of the music files ?

Also should there be music playing while traveling on the global map or nor not? Then the music is sometimes very soft or very loud ?

I have extracted the full music mod of Modern Knight using 7 zip (the extended music mod v1.0), might have done some thing wrong not sure?
Nah you need to reinstall the mod so it can fix it!

Methinks that is caused by the engine only allowing a limited number of sounds to be played at one time.

if i attacked a fort on auto not aiming myself will it kill every cannon or will hit in the middle only? and will that city be mine?

Hi, guys. It's been about two years since I last visited this forum and two days ago I felt like installing the AoP2 again and I remembered GoF immediately. I thought that the mod would be dead by now and to my big surprise it is not and it is way better than when I last played it last time.

During my first hour of playing I noticed that there are still many items in the game that had some use in vanilla AoP2 such as statues and various trinkets that boosted your skills (usually +10 to some skill) this was replaced by the books but these old items are still in the game even though they have little use other than selling them. This is still good since it keeps the variety of goods to sell but I specifically wonder why are the Cristal skulls still in the game - I mean in the vAoP2, when you gathered three cristal skulls it gave you a huge bonus to your stats (something like +30 into various skills) but now I can see them in traders goods they are expensive as hell to buy and have no effect (as far as I know - I haven't got all three of them but since these effects were removed from everything else I presume the skulls were no exception). So I have to ask - are they part of some quest I've never went through? Or do they have any use in the game?

Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work :)

I'm not sure. They might have a use in a certain quest but I never played a quest that needed them.

Dunno. Try it and see.
lol i tried and it destroyed the fort. i have a new issue GOF crashes a lot after seven or six commands it crashes fro no reason i have 2.0.8 version so i installed CAOS and it never crashed playing 2hours and i dont want 2 uninstall it cuz i worked alot on my game

Hi, guys. It's been about two years since I last visited this forum and two days ago I felt like installing the AoP2 again and I remembered GoF immediately. I thought that the mod would be dead by now and to my big surprise it is not and it is way better than when I last played it last time.

During my first hour of playing I noticed that there are still many items in the game that had some use in vanilla AoP2 such as statues and various trinkets that boosted your skills (usually +10 to some skill) this was replaced by the books but these old items are still in the game even though they have little use other than selling them. This is still good since it keeps the variety of goods to sell but I specifically wonder why are the Cristal skulls still in the game - I mean in the vAoP2, when you gathered three cristal skulls it gave you a huge bonus to your stats (something like +30 into various skills) but now I can see them in traders goods they are expensive as hell to buy and have no effect (as far as I know - I haven't got all three of them but since these effects were removed from everything else I presume the skulls were no exception). So I have to ask - are they part of some quest I've never went through? Or do they have any use in the game?

Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work :)

I am pretty sure the skulls are part of a certain quest and that is why they were left in, but to be honest, it has been so long since I played CoAS and I forget which one! :facepalm

I am sure the answer is on the forum somewhere, I'll post here if I can find an answer for you.

Hi Luke159. I used to play GOF 1.1, not 1.1.2 and not 1.2. GOF 1.1 was stable and never got me a game breaking bug (two long careers at sea). I've read then about your GOF 2.0 project and liked your approach of building it onto a stable version. So I downloaded your 2.0 Full Mod and the 2.0.9 Patch. A few month ago. And I want to start playing it TODAY:fiddler. Now I'm not sure if 2.0.9 is still your latest patch.
I appreciate and admire your work on this great old game very much. Respect:fiddler.

Luke159 has not been around for a while so I will try to answer your questions for him.

At the bottom of his first post of this thread you will find his latest work. Patch V1.3 is his latest fully tested patch and we were working on V1.4 when he disappeared. V1.4 seems pretty stable to me but more playtesting is always welcome.

Thanks Hylie Pistof sorry not been active but my nan was told she had cancer last year and had an operation and was on chemo treatment for most of that year. Sadly 2 months ago she was told it was terminal and there was nothing anyone could do, on the 26th of this month I got to say thank you and goodbye as she passed at 7:15am. I had lived with her from the age of 2 till I was in my early 20's so its been hard and to be honest I feel like its a dream. It will hit me when the funeral date is announced or at the funeral.

I haven't done any more work on COAS since patch 1.4 was released and I suspect I won't be doing any more for a while because I have no interest in gaming at the moment. I will be back though when the time is right as GOF 2 still has some bugs that need fixing and hopefully a few new things will have been released that will add something to the game or maybe some bug fixes who knows, but for now thank you and with much respect I say goodbye and see you all soon.;)

Thanks Hylie Pistof sorry not been active but my nan was told she had cancer last year and had an operation and was on chemo treatment for most of that year. Sadly 2 months ago she was told it was terminal and there was nothing anyone could do, on the 26th of this month I got to say thank you and goodbye as she passed at 7:15am. I had lived with her from the age of 2 till I was in my early 20's so its been hard and to be honest I feel like its a dream. It will hit me when the funeral date is announced or at the funeral.
Ouch! Sorry to hear it. The best of luck to you, mate! :bow

That is a tuff way to go and you have my condolences. The funeral will be tuff. Dark glasses and lots of napkins help.

I have lost a grandmother and an uncle to cancer and my wife has lost her mother and both sisters to cancer, so I have a clue as to how you feel. Fair winds to you.

Hey, I was just wondering if there is any way to chang Barbossa's model back to the Privateer one. I know you could edit the characters in the HeroDescribe file in verson 1.2, but I can't seem to find him there with 2.0. I also tried to search possible folders but couldn't find anything related to Barbossa. Only thing I found was that in the RPGUtilite file it mentions the character "Barbossa_P2" but any files related to this doesn't seem to exist

Just re-installed COAS after a LONG break and am loving the GOF mod. Truly amazing how much time and skill goes into these mods.

Sorry to hear about your nan, i wish you all the best and thank you and everyone else who has contributed to this mod.

Very sorry for your loss.

I feel like a right arse but for anyone else who has time I need some input. I'm really confused about something I have been getting since I first installed GoF 2. Certain characters do not perform attacks correctly. They make weird left and right swings when they should be feinting and such. Actually to be more accurate, most characters don't work correctly. It seems that the originals do. So I went digging into the RESOURCES and found that apparently this is because these characters (like Sparrow and Turner) are using animations "man2_ab". When I switch this to "man" they do the correct moves but their characters distorts weirdly. So clearly the animations aren't compatible with them. Fine, but why do their own correct animations not allow them to make feints?

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm guessing not since no one mentioned it. So then why would I be getting it? Any help would be greatly appreciated I have been dying to play this mod since I first heard about it but this makes the game pretty much unplayable.

PS: I have done full re-installs several time on clean CoAS installs, to no avail.

Back