• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

true Windows 8 and i instaled it on progs(86) ok what i have 2 do is get a clean copy of COAS and put it in my desktop and do the tags then copy the GOF 2.0 folders and past it in the desk folder and add hylie pistof file that it?

Hello Everyone, I hope you're doing well.

First of all, thanks for the great work :)!

I have a question (or two) about the mod:

1.- I'm using the full release of the mod (GOF 2.0 Full Release, the one from the first post) with the patch GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.2: this are the latest version, right? Sorry for the noob question, but I just want to make sure.
2.- In the highest difficulty (Impossible, right?), enemy ships are firing at me from 10000 Km away. I could understand it from a Man o war with 48 Cal. culverins, but this happens with any ship (even luggers xD). On the other hand, I have to be 700 Mtrs. to the enemy with 28 cal. culverins, which should be ok, but the enemy has killed almost all my crew when I'm at firing range (even against a lugger xD). What I have been doing is just engage when I'm really close to the enemy (on the world map), then I run to board the ship :p. I would like to know if this is the right behavior or not :).

Thanks in advance for reading :).

Have a nice day/night!

true Windows 8 and i instaled it on progs(86) ok what i have 2 do is get a clean copy of COAS and put it in my desktop and do the tags then copy the GOF 2.0 folders and past it in the desk folder and add hylie pistof file that it?

I've never installed COAS out side of the programs folder, I always install COAS into programs x86 and then take a copy of the Age Of Pirates 2 folder and paste it into a folder out side of the programs folder and its this version I use for the mod. Its also much easier I want to try another mod out because I can either make a new copy or replace the existing modified version without waiting for the COAS to uninstall and then reinstall.

Anyway yes once COAS has installed install the tags followed by Hylie Pistof's no dvd fix and then take a copy of the files and folders for your GOF 2.0 folder you created. Once the files have finished pasting over to this new directory install the mod and any patches.

Hello Everyone, I hope you're doing well.

First of all, thanks for the great work :)!

I have a question (or two) about the mod:

1.- I'm using the full release of the mod (GOF 2.0 Full Release, the one from the first post) with the patch GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.2: this are the latest version, right? Sorry for the noob question, but I just want to make sure.
2.- In the highest difficulty (Impossible, right?), enemy ships are firing at me from 10000 Km away. I could understand it from a Man o war with 48 Cal. culverins, but this happens with any ship (even luggers xD). On the other hand, I have to be 700 Mtrs. to the enemy with 28 cal. culverins, which should be ok, but the enemy has killed almost all my crew when I'm at firing range (even against a lugger xD). What I have been doing is just engage when I'm really close to the enemy (on the world map), then I run to board the ship :p. I would like to know if this is the right behavior or not :).

Thanks in advance for reading :).

Have a nice day/night!

You have a death wish bud, and I have never tested it on this difficulty. I have no idea why the enemy ships can hit you at 10 km's away, 1000 yes but only the forts 92Ibs cannons have that range with 48Ibs cannons been a little less in range and so on till 4ibs which is as you no the shortage ranged cannon. These should work in the same way as they do for the lower game difficulties, this means the developers have added bonuses to the AI for higher game difficulties. The harder higher the difficulty the higher and perhaps more bonuses the AI gets. It makes sense but drastically messes up the balancing of the game when developers do things like this in less the bonuses are modified which is something that I would need to find the code for and modify for the game to remain as balanced as possible. Try playing on captain difficulty as this is balanced and offers some challenge.

Guys, I don't know which file I should edit to revert the Peter's Blood nationality change to pirate. Which means I want him to remain english. Can anyone please tell me at least which file to edit? :)

Guys, I don't know which file I should edit to revert the Peter's Blood nationality change to pirate. Which means I want him to remain english. Can anyone please tell me at least which file to edit? :)
Open this file:
Program/Quests/reaction_functions.c

Find this line
Code:
Pchar.BaseNation = PIRATE;
change into
Code:
Pchar.BaseNation = ENGLAND;

I've never installed COAS out side of the programs folder, I always install COAS into programs x86 and then take a copy of the Age Of Pirates 2 folder and paste it into a folder out side of the programs folder and its this version I use for the mod. Its also much easier I want to try another mod out because I can either make a new copy or replace the existing modified version without waiting for the COAS to uninstall and then reinstall.

Anyway yes once COAS has installed install the tags followed by Hylie Pistof's no dvd fix and then take a copy of the files and folders for your GOF 2.0 folder you created. Once the files have finished pasting over to this new directory install the mod and any patches.
luke really sorry 4 annoying, but when i did as u said the back ground of the main menu is COAS and the update on the left corner says GOF 2.0 thing is i can only play with the 3 main COAS characters and i cant turn there nationality 2 pirats so basicly its still COAS do ineed to patch it to 1.2 or 1.1 or something like that then add the 2.0 ver?

What does it say in the lower right hand side of the screen? Does it look like this?
start 2014-03-24 11-27-34-27.jpg

Did you end up with a stock COAS install outside of program files, then put the GOF2 files into that?

I do it a little differently than Luke159 does. I install COAS to the hard drive, then install the nodvd patch and tages. Then copy it and then install GOF2 to the copy.

Did you end up with a stock COAS install outside of program files, then put the GOF2 files into that?

I do it a little differently than Luke159 does. I install COAS to the hard drive, then install the nodvd patch and tages. Then copy it and then install GOF2 to the copy.
i copied the ver in progs86 out side and did the tags and all then update it 2 gof 2.0

You installed the mod into the newly copied version of COAS (not into the main game directory)?

Did you download and install the patch for GOF 2.0 by accident? (What size is the rare file for GOF 2.0)

Last edited:
Everything one needs to install this is either on the 1st post or this and the last page. Just copy and paste, or drag and drop.

OMG!! :8q I found my next project ship. CorvFrig 501. Just ran into 2 of them. This is the original 2003 corvette with a new paint job and the original rigging. :facepalm

In POTC we completely rebuilt the corvettes and then dumped them for another complete rebuild and the old originals can still be found here? :facepalm

Somehow someway I'm gonna get these dinosaurs upgraded. I don't think they are in POTC at all anymore besides the Fast Merchantman, and I can't find an archive with them. Plus my terrabyte external drive is acting up and I can't access it. Pretty sure the really old stuff is still on it. :facepalm
start 2014-03-24 22-12-10-93.jpg start 2014-03-24 22-12-25-25.jpg

Lol, well bud they was ported from build 13 (I think, could have been build 12) this would have been around the time build 14 had started I guess. I never checked the ships from build 14 to see if any had been updated. Bu if you can fix her or even better if anyone has the old POTC model after she was updated before been removed from POTC then that would be awesome. If not then it will be a pain and could be changed to a new corvette type if you no of one that either looks better or is a better model overall (newer model not a 1003 model).

Should she not be replaced with Armada's Aurora class altogether?

Note that the two Fast Merchantmen have also been completely redone, so they're not compatible anymore either.

i copied the rar contents (GOF 2.0) in a fresh ver of COAS the GOF size is 134.596 kb
in unrelated subject witch is better?
Radeon HD 6770M or Intel HD 4000

My external drive appears to have died while sitting on a shelf for 8 months. :rumgone That means the old V1 corvettes are gone.

What I can do is either string some ropes on these old models to make them look a little better, or replace them entirely with the ones from POTC.
Replacing them is easy for me but hard for someone else as the sailorpoints would need to be adjusted to fit the new rigging and deck.
They really are completely new ships. Here are some screenies of the Fast Merchantman. The corvettes are the same except for having more cannons.
battle sails.jpg Caribbean life.jpg force ship-1.jpg no sails-1.jpg no surrender-2.jpg

Back