• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Cool, was worried that I would have to upload the entire mod so the new repaired ships can be used. I don't have the Felipe V2 and its not in your dropbox folder?

:facepalm It is over in the ERAS ships folder. I just copied it into the GOF2 repaired ships folder. It works fine in ERAS even when dismasted, so it should also work ok in GOF2.

Ok earlier than I was going to release but for the rest of this week and most of next week I will not have the time to work on the game so I have released the patch now. Please note this patch requires a new game.

:onya

Installed the patch and started a new game. My starter ship is the Ketch and..........No high camera bug! :monkeydance

Last edited:
Just acquired the Barkentine and it needs work. It has 4 gaff sails that need fixing, so this one may take a while.

Work your fingers to the bone and what do you get?
BUMP BUMP
Boney fingers
Boney fingers...........

The gaffs are done but there are a lot of other things that need fixing. It looks like someone started on fixing this ship and then abandoned her.
start 2014-03-21 16-58-53-55.jpg

Question: Is the barkentine an original ship that has never been worked on?

I ask because I found I used a rope that now needs to be deleted, which will require replacing stuff, and it looks like the version in stock COAS is the same as the one in GOF2.

I'm mostly done with the barkentine but have a question. There is a yard for a spritsail and all the locators for it except the sail itself. It looks like it has been this way from the beginning, and I suspect it is like that for forward visibility.

So, should I add the sail there or leave it as is?
start 2014-03-22 13-12-22-88.jpg start 2014-03-22 13-12-29-47.jpg start 2014-03-22 13-13-23-11.jpg

T
Question: Is the barkentine an original ship that has never been worked on?

I ask because I found I used a rope that now needs to be deleted, which will require replacing stuff, and it looks like the version in stock COAS is the same as the one in GOF2.
The Barkentine is an original Seward.ru ship from CoAS it was never corrected and it was "reused" from several Akella games

Ah, then I can rant about all the botched and unfinished work! :rumgone Watta mess.....

Anyway, I just want an opinion from long time players as to whether they would want the extra sail or not. It would block forward vision unless battle sails are used.

[quote="Hylie Pistof, post: 477090, member:
Everything that is an upgrade is considered an improvement in my book as it keeps the series alive[/quote]

I agree with this.

It would be nice to see this ship as she was mean to look. Visibility isn't a big deal because your only going to need to see whats ahead in battles or when your sailing towards rocks ie sailing near Bermuda or Port Royal and other places like these where rocks are spread our around the sea.

Hello, Can anyone tell me how can I change the ship "Arabella"(Peter Blood's starting ship) random generated stats to fixed ones?

Hello..

Why I can't change the mod options?
I have tried change the mod setting from main menu and start a new game but the mod I turn off won't applied.
I tried to change in game too but still no effect.

example:

- I turn off compass mode (So I can see a radar) but the graphic is still compass instead a radar.
- I turn off realistic purchase ship, but I still can only buy ship that shipmaster have.
- I turn off realistic spyglass, but I still cant see enemy stats with good spyglass

Am I doing something wrong here? Because it works fine when I played GOF 2.0.8

Haskav: I just noticed this last night meself. The things I change do not stay changed.

After changing the compass go into your cabin and then back to deck and the compass will change to the new one which doesn't have a radar but does show the wind direction. I changed the compass because I didn't like how we could see where ships was on the compass and makes you use your spy glass more.

ahoy lads how yall doin? good, so... my first time playing as a pirate was in ac4 witch is good then i got attached to the big ass ships and plunder and slicing so i looked 4 real piracy games and i found sid meiers pirates and we all know sid meiers is the shit so there was a bit of a prop that she gets out 2 the desktop so i looked 4 more n i found de lovly age of pirates 2 COAS n i felt in love with her so i thought there is age 3 but i found GOF and 2 more cool games and i found that sid pirates was by u guys just wnna say u guys are so great n awesome just keep it up n we will support u 4ever. now i have some really annoying problems 1st. the engine stopped working thing and i cant play it on full screen the config n the opte inside but nthin then i saw this vid on YouTube witch in full screen and its version is 2.0.8 i couldn't find that ver so i downloaded the 2.0 and when i tryed 2 open it it gives me a beautiful black screen and when i hit enter it gets out 2 the desktop so i knew it was the engine so please replay me. oh btw when i update the game 2 2.0 it was running ver 1.2

Hi Young Ed and welcome to PA.;)

I'll take a few guesses, your running on Windows Vista or later and you installed the COAS into the programs directory?

Sadly this game is very unstable on any operating systems newer than xp, after installing the game make a folder any where out side of the programs folder and call this what ever. We will call it GOF 2.0 for this example, Now install the tags http://www.mediafire.com/?lrdm666ono66ffy. Once the tags has finished updating go to the main directory for COAS and copy either the Age Of Pirates 2 folder or copy all the folders and files inside of it and paste them into the GOF 2.0 folder. Now install which ever mod you wish to use for COAS into this GOF 2.0 installation and if you ever want to try another mod out for the game all you have to do is delete the folders and files inside the GOF 2.0 folder and paste the ones from the main directory and install the mod. Also its worth noting that there is a no dvd mod out which is a .dll file, this is something you might want to use seeing how hard it is to find hard copies of the game. Here you go, couresy of Hylie Pistof https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/kGERHaZYW0/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z.

The version of GOF 2.2.0 which still ready 2.1 is because I forgot to update the version, it should be 2.1.1 but I released the patch early due to not having enough time for a few weeks to work on the game.

Hope this fixes your problems and again welcome to PA and COAS.;)

Back