• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

In santiago which is in cuba, the quest 'find the spy' is broken too. The dialog option won't appear, so you can't find the spy... I lost relations and reputation on this one :modding

um there's 2 types of find the spy quest 1)the spy is on the street and you find him speaking with people 2)hes in someones home so search every room and you don't get the dialogue option on the street

My mistake, you are right my friend. I have a save game where I got the quest and that's right, there are two types like he said. Even with months of gameplay, i've have never seen the second type of spy quest. Thanks man :onya

Ok well since its been put down to the surrender feature, i have removed it which in turn fixed a runtimer error in the "option_screen.C" file. The patch is almost ready for release and will require a new game. I've just got to test it out and make sure the game works correctly (no CTD upon game start up or after loading from the ship to the island at start etc). Patch to be released in a few day's if all goes well.

Hello! When updating the mod to patch 2.0.7 using the file you posted above (2.0.7.7z, 106.5 MB), the mod actually reverts back from 2.0.4 to 2.0.3. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah its ok bud, its just a mistake by me. I hadn't updated the version line to 2.0.7. It is correctly installed though.

Ok now that i have tested the new patch i will start working on trying to fix the Edward Lowe quest, but first i need to do the quest. Since i can't remember what i had to do i will have to search for a walkthrough so i can get to the point where the quest doesn't work asap and see what happen before i release patch 2.0.9 because i want this quest fixed.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if Direct Sail was in GOF 2.0. My answer is probably out there somewhere but I figured I would just ask.

Direct sail....you mean sailing from one island to another without entering the world map? Yes, GoF 2.0 has this feature. You can even encounter random ships during the direct sail time after time... But personally I still prefer the world map ;-)

Do you mean the ships_init.c from GOF 2.0 or frm the latest patch that ihas been released?

@Iron Roger Flint
Thanks bud for the Empress sailorpoints file.:onya

Four questions;
1.Is this essentially an improved version of 1.1 with more features (some from 1.2) but more stable than 1.2? (and are you trying to make 2.0 the stable base over which to improve GOF in the future?)

2.Is the surrendering option enabled or disabled in 2.0 (in any form)?

3.Do the readmes contain every change you've made in previous versions as well for original vanilla? (like 1.0) I'm trying to do a guide http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/mods-and-what-they-do.19765/

4. "Fear not! for the team does plan to return to CoAS one day soon but for the time being, we've decided to cast off the lines and set sail for other seas" Does this mean your back :)?

Thanks very much.

A question about ships,you reduced ships from 1.2,but what ships you reduced? I hope you have deleted the horrible ships of original game and left the new featured ships!

First, thanks for the mod! Just installed it and having a blast! Had tried Combined mod ages ago and got a hankering for some age of sail fun, and loving it.

Have a question: When I started my current game game I had realistic reload & damage on, and tactical battles. Ran into something confusing, I *think* I know the answer but was hoping for clarification of which case is "right"...

Cannon reload times as displayed in the cannon states (right clicking cannons in ships or in the shipyard purchase screen) have tripled since I began. I narrowed it down via save games to a point where I changed a mod setting (one of the encounter distance settings, to see the difference).

Eg. my 16lb Culverins initially showed a 30s reload, they now show 90. 4lbers were 5, now 15. However, I see in Cannons.c that with tactical battles on, they are supposed to be x3 what the cannons.init values (what I was initially seeing x3) are. So was the game not setting them correctly when I started, and using "dynamic" reload rates, and changing that encounter distance straightened it out and caused it to use the correct value? This would seem to be the case, just making sure which value the stats were balanced for, the lesser or the triple rate.

Thanks for any answers.

* and a follow up. I seem to have been hit with the boarding bug (no grapple icon appears for some ships)

I've read that it may be related to the surrender feature of the mod, and the idea of paying off would be assailants via the talk to option.

Regarding the surrender mode, been so long since I've played at all, and even longer for stock... was there any form of surrender in stock? I've noticed in GOF ships striking their colors, active ships that once the boarding scene loaded surrendered (before any combat took place), and then saw the option in that speak to ships menu. Are all of those mod features, or was any of that in stock?

Hoping to figure a "safe" setting if I restart to avoid the boarding bug. I did have surrender enabled, but I also paid off a few pirates early on when I didn't even have a snowballs chance.I read both are suspected culprits.

I never used the boat to them after paying off pirate though, as was mentioned in prior posts. The only row boat to ship I had done was for 2 or 3 Pirate's Proposition quests. Interestingly, the ship type each time was a Galeoth, which was later one of the ships I got the boarding bug on (probably coincidence, only came across two so far, but both were bugged. Others were the Neptunus, and a 20gun Dutch Frigate, which I can't recall the name. Sloop, Brigantine, Barq, yacht, and a couple others I was able to board.

*hmm, didn't mean the post to turn into a novel...

FWIW: Possibly adding to Vikaras's observation about paying off an attacking ship... I just backtracked my game where I was having boarding issues to the point before I first used that payoff option, and saw no problems boarding in multiple reloads against multiple types. At least one (the frigate class mentioned in prior post) that I was unable to board post payoff in multiple reload tests (separate encounters from world map, not the same encounter over and over, never able to board), I now was.

Will keep reloading to try and find a Neptunus. That was another I could never board post payoff when I noticed the boarding bug. Had about a dozen encounters in the reload testing and each time, unable to board.

Unlike him, I never used the rowboat to the ship I payed off, just the dialogue screen.

Here is an improved Golden Hind, or fastgaleon11. She has a better bow wave, masts sails and rigging, the choice of having the critter on the bow or not, and now uses Craiggo's hirez textures. This is only an interim model until Jan Marten finishes his version.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/V6H_Y3BKQt/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/Golden Hind.7z

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/A_VqkS7qO2/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/Golden Hind-1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/2-YsPvVtUN/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/Golden Hind-2.jpg

I tried to demast her but she sank long before any mast was ready to fall.

That's a nice texture, I have to say. Shame the damage effects completely spoil it in the second screenie. They stick out like a sore thumb. o_O

Back