• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

No problem bud, happy to have been of some help.:onya

Go into your game install location (where you installed the mod) open the folder and open Engine.ini you will see at the top the following lines.

Code:
 modules path = modules\
full_screen = 0 // is set to 1 so you can't minimize game, set to 0 and you can do multi tasking.
screen_x = 1280 //change this and screen_y = value to that of your own screen resolation
screen_y = 1024
UseMM = 0 //originally this is set to 1, changing thise to 0 will fix the sound issue's you have on windows vista and 7.

Hello all, im wondering if there is anybody out there who could increase the companion ship slots in this mod to 8.

For which version, Vanilla, GOF 1.2, GOF 2? etc

The more ships in a naval battle the greater the chance of the game crashing, just so you know.

For which version, Vanilla, GOF 1.2, GOF 2? etc

The more ships in a naval battle the greater the chance of the game crashing, just so you know.
Thank you for your other post. Its for the GOF 1.2 Full release inc Patch 1. I believe that i can transfer the lines of code using 'notepad++'. The altered lines of code seem to be labled by the original 8compship mod modder so it should be relatively simple. Worst case scenario, there is a line of code altered but not labelled and i then spend 10 days searching for what i missed.'

Anyway, thank you for your effort it is greatly appreciated.

No problem bud, to be on the safe side its best to compare the files to the vanilla files, then you can easily transfer the correct changes over and know it all works as the original modder intended. Thats how i would do it any way.

Hello, I have recently engaged a dutch fleet of 4 military vessels when i saw a fifth vessel. Queen annes revenge, i managed to board and capture the vessel. No special captain or crew. I'm asking you this as the ship looks rather distinct. Is it part or a quest or just a standard random ship?

Thank you for your time and patience.

No problem bud.:onya

No the QAR isn't a quest ship bud, just a random ship. We haven't made any custom quests, we never got the people we needed to put them together so we focused on improving general gameplay and bug fixes for GOF 1.2 and GOF 2 is all about fixes with some tweaking here and there, but its basically ment to be about stability more than anything.

No problem bud.:onya

No the QAR isn't a quest ship bud, just a random ship. We haven't made any custom quests, we never got the people we needed to put them together so we focused on improving general gameplay and bug fixes for GOF 1.2 and GOF 2 is all about fixes with some tweaking here and there, but its basically ment to be about stability more than anything.
Thank you for your response :)

i just downloaded the GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch. and it does nothing, what do i have to do uninstal and renistal the game?? HELP PLS!!!! i really enjoy AoPCoAS, but i was asked to do a mission for the gov and find a spy within 4 days, i searched the houses, streets, tavern, shipyard, everywhere all those 4 days never found him and ran over time, went to the next town, was asked to find the spy in 3 days i found him within 5 min. also i'd like to try out some of the new characters like Barbossa, or Crowe' from M&C.(master and commander), but have no idea how to do this, does someone have a youtube vid that shows step by step process?

i dont kno
i just downloaded the GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch. and it does nothing, what do i have to do uninstal and renistal the game?? HELP PLS!!!! i really enjoy AoPCoAS, but i was asked to do a mission for the gov and find a spy within 4 days, i searched the houses, streets, tavern, shipyard, everywhere all those 4 days never found him and ran over time, went to the next town, was asked to find the spy in 3 days i found him within 5 min. also i'd like to try out some of the new characters like Barbossa, or Crowe' from M&C.(master and commander), but have no idea how to do this, does someone have a youtube vid that shows step by step process?

not sure about the you-tube vid. To play as a different charactor you need to go to the game creation screen. to the left and right of the charactor portrait there are "fancy" arrows. click on them and it changes the portrait and the charactor. As for the spies they are either walking around town or hidden in a building. its all in the dialog with them. Some times teh spy may only appear after a day. i know this sucks but its just about walking around again and again and again. As for GOF. It adds a ton of content such as ships. textures items etc. Fromwhat i have been told, the mission havent been made. Regardless, the game is good. But with an extra 6+ gig of content is EPIC!!

Anyway, i hope you COAS experience gets better for you soon.

@ Jonesie I wonder if Ben installed Gof! 1.2 Release patch without installing v1.2. just a guess
. To uninstall the entire game- just delete every file/filefolder in your Aop2 folder. If you wish to reinstall it just insert the disk and a setup should pop up. From there you can reinstall the game. As Jonsie said there are "Fancy" arrows in the charcter selection screen- click on them and you'll start seeing different charcters. The GOF mod adds alot of better gameplay and unique trade goods such as wool, iron, copper, dyes, etc. and different unique ships- the U.S.S. Constitution, and more.

@ Jonesie I wonder if Ben installed Gof! 1.2 Release patch without installing v1.2. just a guess
. To uninstall the entire game- just delete every file/filefolder in your Aop2 folder. If you wish to reinstall it just insert the disk and a setup should pop up. From there you can reinstall the game. As Jonsie said there are "Fancy" arrows in the charcter selection screen- click on them and you'll start seeing different charcters. The GOF mod adds alot of better gameplay and unique trade goods such as wool, iron, copper, dyes, etc. and different unique ships- the U.S.S. Constitution, and more.

yeh i did the patch, i didnt know bout the V1.2. so i guess i got to unistall everything and then download the v1.2. should that help? i have no idea how to do mods unless someone shows me step by step.

ok i installed V1.2. and still nothing works, what do i have to do? can someone take the time to write it on notepad and email me how to do things, cuz i am TOTALLY CLUELESS!!

alrighty, ive extracted all the zip files, now how do i do the other parts to this without messing things up???

1/ Uninstall the ame via the control panel.
2/ remove any files remaining in the install dir
3/ Re-install Age of pirates 2 - city of abandoned ships.
4/ download this: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/CoAS%20GoF/GOF%201.2%20Full%20Release%20Version%201.0.7z.
5/ extract the archive to a temp folder. make one on you desktop.
6/ copy all the files from the temp folder into the corresponding folders in the game folders, overwriting as you go.
7/ download this: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/CoAS GoF/GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0.7z.
8/ extract it to a different temp folder.
9/ copy and past each file to its corresponding folder in the game folder.
10/ run the game.

There is a BETA patch. BETA as in most likely to contain bugs itself. it is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpmg5a28i5v5l2w

ask for more info if you get stuck.

Back