• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

1/ Uninstall the ame via the control panel.
2/ remove any files remaining in the install dir
3/ Re-install Age of pirates 2 - city of abandoned ships.
4/ download this: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/CoAS%20GoF/GOF%201.2%20Full%20Release%20Version%201.0.7z.
5/ extract the archive to a temp folder. make one on you desktop.
6/ copy all the files from the temp folder into the corresponding folders in the game folders, overwriting as you go.
7/ download this: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/CoAS GoF/GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0.7z.
8/ extract it to a different temp folder.
9/ copy and past each file to its corresponding folder in the game folder.
10/ run the game.

There is a BETA patch. BETA as in most likely to contain bugs itself. it is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpmg5a28i5v5l2w

ask for more info if you get stuck.

unless someone shows me i still have no idea, cuz ill be sure to mess it up doing this. ill try to find someone local that can help, i have #'s 4 and 7 downloaded and extracted.

Ben discribed the process perfectly, how you installed the GOF 1.2 Full Release Patch is how you install GOF 1.2 followed by the patch(es). if you want to learn yourself how to do this, then the easiest way would be.

1. Uninstall COAS, make sure after uninstalling process has finished that all files and folders have also been deleted.
2. Install COAS.
3. Create a folder on the desktop and call it Age Of Pirates 2 GOF 1.2 or what ever you want to name it.
4. Once COAS has finished installing head over to the main directory where the game was installed to and copy everything inside of the Age Of Pirates 2 folder.
5. Paste these files and folder into your newly created folder on the desktop "Age Of Pirates 2 GOF or what ever you named it.
6. Download and extract the GOF 1.2 mod to a folder on the desktop and copy all its contents ie Programs, Resources etc and past them over the one in your game folder you created on the desktop Age Of Pirates 2 GOF.
7. Repeat this process for the patch.
8. Start your game.

If you messed it up, then simply delete the programs folder and go into the resources folder and delete the ini folder. Now copy these folders from the main directory back into your desktop games folder. and try again. It beats having to resinatll COAS all the time.

do i need to delete the release patch and the other one? ive already extracted those files. and then delete the game, do the reinstal, and the rest of that or can i leave the patch/update patch alone?

Just delete the regular COAS files ie: Program, Rescource, Modules, etc. No need to delete the patche or the mods since they're just applications and you can extract them again.

i figured it out, i copied the 8 steps luke said to notepad, printed it out, went to bestbuy to geek squad, and they fixxed it for me cuz i had no idea how to do it, love the new stuff now, very cool characters, ships, weapons, goods and all of it. awesome fixes THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I want to play with this mod..but i have version 1.3.0 coas.Torrent version..(for testing purpose only) Where can i get the 1.0 coas version..i live in malaysia and can't get this game from the store here.Any digital version available?

just found a bug, French Padre in Martinique, asks u to clear the dungeon of evil, well i went there, stood in the sphere, and the log book didnt update with the skeletons appearing so i could fight them. (screenshots)
aop2.jpg

start2012-10-1623-03-32-70.jpg

Hey ! This is maybe a bit unrelated to this thread... but since I found no better, I'll just ask here. :) Is it possible to import the old Hector Barbosa look ('Cause I found the pirate style better, than the english privateer style.) from the CMV files, into the GoF files? As in... pick the resources and overwrite them. If so, please would you tell me how, and what are the filenames (I can't find the Barbosa models, they must be named differently.) so I can do this. :)

Hey ! This is maybe a bit unrelated to this thread... but since I found no better, I'll just ask here. :) Is it possible to import the old Hector Barbosa look ('Cause I found the pirate style better, than the english privateer style.) from the CMV files, into the GoF files? As in... pick the resources and overwrite them. If so, please would you tell me how, and what are the filenames (I can't find the Barbosa models, they must be named differently.) so I can do this. :)

You may have to find the 'resources/model/character' and 'resources/texture/charactor' files.

In GOF 1.2 there seem to be two files in 'resources/model/charactor' folder:-

-Barbossa_P1.gm
-Barbossa_P2.gm

and

In GOF 1.2 there seem to be four files in 'resources/texture/charactor folder:-

-Barbosa.tga.tx
-Barboss.tga.tx
-barbossa.tga.tx
-barbosss.tga.tx

Maybe if you find these files in CMV files and transfer them accross it may work. There may be many more files and CMV files may be under different names.

NOTE: Character portraits. In the 'Resource/textures/INTERFACES/PORTRAITS/(64/128/256)' The related portraits may need to be altered for a clean look aswel. Unfortunately the barbossa portrait pictures are not titled by name but by numbers. I do not have a way of viewing 'tga.tx' files.

The 'Program/characters/RPGUtilite.c' file contains this code.

Code:
case "Barbossa_P2":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Surprise, true);
    pchar.money = 25000;
break;

It refers to barbossa as 'Barbossa_P2', this coudl be an important lead. as theer seems to be 2 barbossa models. one is 'Barbossa_P2.gm' but the other is 'Barbossa_P1.gm' this second barbossa file could/maybe/possible be an alternate barbossa model. it could also just be a model of a walking stick. i dont have the CMV files to experiment with. good luck

Thanks, will try that out once I figure out what's THIS about: I tried to load my games, and now it bugs big time. I have not changed any controls or anything, nor have they changed. (Still shows as default), but SOMETHING is making my quick commands bug the hell out. I press W on map, to raise the sails, and all I get is "Reloading cannons with knipples! (Sometimes Buckshots, but anyway...)" Trying to press enter which is supposed to open the tab, I get "Companions Charge!". Going on the map and trying to move, I press A and it goes to the port I left from. I press A again, and the ship moors... Honestly, I'd like to know what's this sh-.. stuff about. :p Anybody got ANY advice?

Thanks, will try that out once I figure out what's THIS about: I tried to load my games, and now it bugs big time. I have not changed any controls or anything, nor have they changed. (Still shows as default), but SOMETHING is making my quick commands bug the hell out. I press W on map, to raise the sails, and all I get is "Reloading cannons with knipples! (Sometimes Buckshots, but anyway...)" Trying to press enter which is supposed to open the tab, I get "Companions Charge!". Going on the map and trying to move, I press A and it goes to the port I left from. I press A again, and the ship moors... Honestly, I'd like to know what's this sh-.. stuff about. :p Anybody got ANY advice?

your controls file could be corrupted. If you are using or have used the F11 Deugger option. if so then you need to go to the controls option screen and press the long default controls button.

Also, my controls have messed up in game, The R button no longer does anything whilst on the sea map. i reloaded from an early save and the bug/glitch did not come back. i save every -2 minutes! so it wasnt any real trouble to get back to and beyond the original point. i hope my experiences help you

Thank you, but the problem does not linger if I start a new game altogether. When I load from earlier, the same problem applies, mind. I'm quite at a loss with this one. I will try to press "set to default" in the options screen, but somehow I doubt this will work. I hope someone would come up with a good solution to this. :)

EDIT: Well ! Wha'do'ya'kno' ! It worked ! Thanks ! I hope this will be written up for FAQ incase someone else has the same problem. It's TOO simple a resolve, since the problem is so huge. :D My mind can't take it. Hah.
Anyway! Thanks matey.

Thank you, but the problem does not linger if I start a new game altogether. When I load from earlier, the same problem applies, mind. I'm quite at a loss with this one. I will try to press "set to default" in the options screen, but somehow I doubt this will work. I hope someone would come up with a good solution to this. :)

EDIT: Well ! Wha'do'ya'kno' ! It worked ! Thanks ! I hope this will be written up for FAQ incase someone else has the same problem. It's TOO simple a resolve, since the problem is so huge. :D My mind can't take it. Hah.
Anyway! Thanks matey.

Did you use the cheat menu. The one you have to press F11 to open? if so then it switches to debug mode which does seem to mess the keys around a bit. the only way to revert the keys back is to press the dafult button in the main menu. if it was pressed by accident then maybe thats why your buttons messed up. If it wasnt pressed at all then it is quite peculiar.

Try pirat10.gm, P1 and P2 are just the new privateer versions. We wanted to keep the old look as an alternate uniform but the new model uses a different animation as the old model so we had to decide between going with the new look or keeping the old.

You also need to edit the herodescribe file and replace the current model with the old one, in this case its pirat10, furthermore you need to replace the current animation it has listed on there with the old one, I don't remember the name of the old animation but it might be the same one Jack Sparrow uses, look for Jack's entry in the same file and copy and paste whatever the animation is called onto Hector.

Try pirat10.gm, P1 and P2 are just the new privateer versions. We wanted to keep the old look as an alternate uniform but the new model uses a different animation as the old model so we had to decide between going with the new look or keeping the old.

You also need to edit the herodescribe file and replace the current model with the old one, in this case its pirat10, furthermore you need to replace the current animation it has listed on there with the old one, I don't remember the name of the old animation but it might be the same one Jack Sparrow uses, look for Jack's entry in the same file and copy and paste whatever the animation is called onto Hector.
hi, im having trouble getting the old barbossa graphics to work. I took the model and texture files from teh CMV mod renamed them to overwrite the barbossa files from GOF 1.2 full patch 1. I also change teh animation reference in the herodesribe.txt file to that of jack sparrow. I also looked at the cmv hero... file just to make sure it is the same file. it was.

i loaded up the game and put barbossa in to a fighhters slot. his appearance changed to that of a barbossa pirate uniform.

There was a glitch however. the legs, face and body look ok and move ok but the arms have a gun attached to them and they seem to move strangely with a distorted/.stretched appearence. i dont think its the textures but it seems to be either the model files conflicting or incorrect animations,

I looked into the herodescribe.txt file more closely. it shows that the barbossa corsair links to various model files. It refers to 2 files.
- Barbossa_P1
- Barbossa_P2

Code:
heroModel_25 {Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P2,Barbossa_P1}

However, the same file for CMV lists 6 different files

Code:
heroModel_25 {pirat10,pirat11,pirat12,pirat12,pirat12,pirat13}

Im basically saying that i dont know what to do.

im guessing that there are other files i have not modify

i also thought if i was the rename the 5 pirat models to barbossa files eg: barbossa_p1, p2, p3, p4, p5 so all animations are included. but what order is it done. i do not know. :modding

I would like help figuring this out but i understand that the modders of this community have a hell of a lot on they're plats

Thank you for your time and patience

i have a question, i hope theres sombody out there who can help me.

1/ About the 1.3 BETA patch. Its been out awhile is it functional? Are there any major issues with it? do i have to start a new game if i install it?

Code:

That you got correct, if the model in the game looks weird it's cause it's using the wrong animation.

Code:
animation_25 {man}
That's the one in GoF!

The one you want (I think) is {man2_ab}

Code:

That you got correct, if the model in the game looks weird it's cause it's using the wrong animation.

Code:
animation_25 {man}
That's the one in GoF!

The one you want (I think) is {man2_ab}
ok, what i have done is:-

- Copied Pirat10.gm, Pirat11.gm, Pirat12.gm, Pirat13.gm from A CMV 3.2 installation to my current GOF V1.full patch 1.

- Deleted Pirat10_mush.tga.tx, Pirat10_mush.tga.tx, Pirat10_mush.tga.tx, Pirat10_mush.tga.tx from GOF the installation. Im not sure what these are.

- Copied Pirat10.tga.tx, Pirat11.tga.tx, Pirat12.tga.tx, Pirat13.tga.tx from A CMV 3.2 installation to my current GOF V1.full patch 1.

- opened Herodescripe.txt and aleterd barbossa to this:-

Code:
heroName_25 {Hector}

heroLastname_25 {Barbossa}

heroNameGen_25 {Hector}

heroLastnameGen_25 {Barbossa}

heroNameDat_25 {Hector}

heroLastNameDat_25 {Barbossa}

heroFace_25 {308}

heroType_25 {Corsair}

heroNation_25 {England}

sex_25 {man}

animation_25 {man2_ab}

hero_25 {A character only for an Expert player... \nAfter the War Against Piracy, Hector Barbossa went to search for the Fountain of Youth. During his search, Barbossa was employed by the British Royal Navy to work as a privateer for King George II. He was given captaincy of the HMS Providence, and his quest continued.
}

- opened RPGUtilite.c and did this:-

Code:
case "Dep0":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);
    pchar.money = 25000;
break; 
case "will":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_CursedDutchman, true);
    pchar.money = 30000;
break;
case "luckyjack":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Sophie, true);
break; 
case "Norrington":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Interceptor, true);
break;   
case "Pitt":       
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_COLONIALSCHOONER, true);
    pchar.money = 8000;
break;
case "pirat10": //<--- was 'barbossa_p2'   
    pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Surprise, true);
    pchar.money = 25000;
break;

- I then run teh game, load up in the pirate shipyard (mid-game). Reinit the game and set barbossa as a fighter and then transition to outside. I am then waylayed by bounter hunters.... non survive. I look for barbossa, he looks like a british officer not the original pirate version. Have i missed something? If i have could you tell me. Thank you for your patience ;)

Back