• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

these pictures were drawn after the 3rd movie. and everything after that is horse shit. a sick fantasy and there is nothing official about them. for even in the 5th film, the ship looks different.

I really dont understand that train of thought, when they are made by Disney its official artwork for the films that's as official as you can really get, but you do you.

The illustrations are so disgusting that there is nothing of them in the film. Thrown out like rubbish on the Internet and that's it) Maybe someone will make a Dutchman for you using these "illustrations"

I really dont understand that train of thought, when they are made by Disney its official artwork for the films that's as official as you can really get, but you do you.
I'm with you.
I reckon it's nice artwork.
Would've been nicer still if it had been used for the films.
But since we have no Disney license anyway, nobody is forcing us to be 100% film-accurate.

I'm with you.
I reckon it's nice artwork.
Would've been nicer still if it had been used for the films.
But since we have no Disney license anyway, nobody is forcing us to be 100% film-accurate.

Why then do this at all?) Call any boat the Flying Dutchman and that's it) And the inscription on the stern "No license anyway"

How's your model progressing anyway, have you got any pics?

unknown.png

Honestly, ive grown rather attached to this old model over the years its almost going to be sad to see it finally rest.
is there a way to use this in teho ?

As I recall, @The Nameless Pirate imported the TEHO Flying Dutchman model into PoTC. So there's no point in copying it back again, unless you can find an old PoTC Build 14 installer and copy the old, inferior model into TEHO.

Must be, yes; just swap out the model files.
I thin for PotC>TEHO, no changes should need to be made for compatibility.
When I swapped the model with the Pearl in TEHO I also had to raise it a bit to look right. (Also added lantern locators.)
But it should work regardless.

As I recall, @The Nameless Pirate imported the TEHO Flying Dutchman model into PoTC. So there's no point in copying it back again, unless you can find an old PoTC Build 14 installer and copy the old, inferior model into TEHO.
Correct the current model in NH comes from stock TEHO.
So @pricerobert1019 needs the old files for this.

Oh, my bad I thought it was a better version as the hull looks less yellow(ish) than the current one and more brown and darker which is an improvement imo. Thats kinda all I was after lol If there is no difference than nvm. Thank you though!

The picture is a bit misleading as it shows sunset, so the ship looks a lot darker due to the lighting. However, that older model is indeed darker and browner than the current PoTC:NH (and TEHO) version.

Oh sweet so what did you mean when you said the folder structure for the ship textures are different? I'm assuming that means I can't just drop the textures into the flyingdutchman texture folder?

You have to paste the files in all three subfolders in "Flyingdutchman1". ("hull1", "hull2", "hull3")
In PotC genereally they just go straight into the "Ships" texture folder, that's the difference.

Back