• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

It looks pathetic when approaching. eye hurts. When I did it through the alpha channel. inside, you still had to trace each hole with modeling. Was it easier for me then? definitely not. But it looked clearly worse when viewed from an angle.
Lot of work indeed!
But I'm certain the result will be well worth it. :cheers

maybe later on someone might be able to update your model into the uncursed one
If @Gowras might be willing to create a separate hull GM file without the "fishy damage", any texture artist could take it from there.
@Armada did our current one; and @Grey Roger is pretty good with a paintbrush too.

It will take a very long time to do this. Hardly anyone will do it efficiently.
You could very well be right.

As it is right now, I would happily settle for "slow and inefficient".
We've been waiting long enough.
We can wait a bit longer.

If @Gowras might be willing to create a separate hull GM file without the "fishy damage", any texture artist could take it from there.
@Armada did our current one; and @Grey Roger is pretty good with a paintbrush too.

Do you think there is a difference only in the damage? And if we are talking about the Turner version, then the damage is still there. But that's not the point at all. These are two completely different ships. There is an incredibly huge amount of work there. everything below the masts is completely different. And who will make a texture of this level?) I have never observed anything at least close in quality to this) I don't want to offend anyone, but if I'm wrong, show me at least one screenshot.

Last edited:
These are two completely different ships.
Well, that's obviously not true.
If the Turner "Flying Dutchman" is a different ship altogether, then that completely defeats 100% of the storytelling in At World's End.
So logically they must be variations of the same ship.
As can be seen on-screen when debris falls off of her bow right before they blow Endeavour to smithereens.

everything below the masts is completely different.
In what way?
And how can you tell?
She shows up in the film for about 2 seconds.

For sure the gunport designs changed to Lion Heads though.
That's below the masts indeed; just as you say.

And who will make a texture of this level?
Only time can possibly tell.

if I'm wrong, show me at least one screenshot.
How could anyone show you a screenshot of something that has yet to be made?
That would require a literal time machine. o_O

Well, that's obviously not true.
If the Turner "Flying Dutchman" is a different ship altogether, then that completely defeats 100% of the storytelling in At World's End.
So logically they must be variations of the same ship.
As can be seen on-screen when debris falls off of her bow right before they blow Endeavour to smithereens.

In what way?
And how can you tell?
She shows up in the film for about 2 seconds.

For sure the gunport designs changed to Lion Heads though.
That's below the masts indeed; just as you say.

Only time can possibly tell.

How could anyone show you a screenshot of something that has yet to be made?
That would require a literal time machine. o_O

Take and compare the ship in detail, as I did and see for yourself. There is nothing to argue about. Do you really think that I'm actually copying the ship from the screen, I don't know what the difference is and how big it is? In the screenshot, I asked not what they would do, but another work of the same level.

Honestly the undertaking of a project like that is far off and would require us to have a lot more knowledge of the design. It really just depends on who's willing to do it after the main model is finished.

That and if you want screenshots, here is the concept art from Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Hope it helps
jeremy-love-1-pirates-18.jpg

jeremy-love-1-pirates-20.jpg

jeremy-love-1-pirates-55.jpg

jeremy-love-1-pirates-54.jpg

These screenshots are not needed. they have nothing to do with the film. In the movie, the ship looks different.

from what i know there is little else, im just trying to help with this.
that and, at the time i didn't realize the difference i was pretty tired

Last edited:
I know perfectly well the difference between the ship from the movie and these drawings. And I also know the difference between the cursed version and the usual one. I know right down to the millimeter. And believe me, if you turn the damn version into a regular one, there will be an incredible amount of work. If, of course, they do it in good faith.

From how much you brought to this project, i can trust you know the differences a lot more id rather wait another few years for a good un-cursed model then someone trying to quickly do it

This is pretty much the best you can get for differences between the two.
Beautiful art, that!
I don't think I'd ever seen that.
Thank you for posting. :bow

And indeed, I would love to see both in the game.

These screenshots are not needed. they have nothing to do with the film. In the movie, the ship looks different.
There's always creative license involved... :shrug

But indeed, I do spot a bunch of differences there.
Both bow and stern are cleaned up a lot.
And I never realised the uncursed one had a FIGUREHEAD! :shock

And I never realised the uncursed one had a FIGUREHEAD!

that's why i say. these pictures have nothing to do with the film. this is someone's sick fantasy.

there are no figures here. and in general, the nose is completely different.

The difference is the screenshots are pre-curse being given to them for their job. and the one in the movie is after the curse being lifted.

And an official artwork by the people in the movies creation is not really a sick fantasy, its an official creation. But its still not the one from the movie.

Back