• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help FindIslandByLocation ERROR: Please post your compile.log file at piratesahoy.net!

Did I not upload my compilation script some time ago?
There was something about "RESOURCE\build_14_final" as a filename without extension that the seadogs.c pre-main-menu code should check on.
The file is "build14_beta4_final". There is indeed code in "seadogs.c" to check for it:
Code:
    if (FindFile("", "RESOURCE\\*.*", "build14_beta4_final") == "")
    {
        LaunchInstallError();
    }
    else
    {
        LaunchMainMenu();
    }

That produces an error message if the file does not exist. But that's not quite what I meant. The installer should delete this file. Then "seadogs.c" should produce the error message if the file does exist.

That produces an error message if the file does not exist. But that's not quite what I meant. The installer should delete this file. Then "seadogs.c" should produce the error message if the file does exist.
Yer welcome to make a new and improved Build 14 installer.
I'll help you figure out how if you want to.

I have no more interest in doing it myself.
I intend to make a Standalone installer next instead.
And there it should not be an issue anymore.

EDIT: By the way, it does sound like a smart idea of yours.
Inverting the logic could indeed make it safer, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Yer welcome to make a new and improved Build 14 installer.
I'll help you figure out how if you want to.
Please do. If I can make an installer rather than a simple zip file for updates, it would simplify the process for everyone.

Please do. If I can make an installer rather than a simple zip file for updates, it would simplify the process for everyone.
I thought I already did.
But sure, I'll put it on me to-do list.

Now I'm stuck on my phone and can do nothing.
First priority is the engine of my boat.
It stopped working altogether and the reason appears mysterious and elusive to say the least.
Tomorrow we're going as far as removing it altogether.

Back