• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Early Cape Horn Clipper

This is the start of the anchors

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-7_15-13-51.png
    upload_2021-3-7_15-13-51.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 186
Note that clippers of this type first appeared some way into the 19th century, a bit late even for what we'd regard as "Napoleonic". (Technically any year from 1790 is "Napoleonic". As far as the game is concerned, 2021 is "Napoleonic". xD) Steam frigates also first appeared in the 1830's and are given the period probability 0.15 and national probability 0.08. Additionally, if you choose to FreePlay as Robert Fulton, you get a steam frigate automatically. So I'd suggest treating the clipper the same way - reduce its probabilities drastically, and maybe create a FreePlay character who gets one free at game start.

Note that clippers of this type first appeared some way into the 19th century, a bit late even for what we'd regard as "Napoleonic". (Technically any year from 1790 is "Napoleonic". As far as the game is concerned, 2021 is "Napoleonic". xD) Steam frigates also first appeared in the 1830's and are given the period probability 0.15 and national probability 0.08. Additionally, if you choose to FreePlay as Robert Fulton, you get a steam frigate automatically. So I'd suggest treating the clipper the same way - reduce its probabilities drastically, and maybe create a FreePlay character who gets one free at game start.
Yeah maybe.

I do not think I can ACTUALLY get these things into the game, since the SD2GeoExport is completely broken for me, and just creates an empty error log and no model when I export it.

Are you sure you are following the instructions in the PDF precisely?
If not, this can lead to what you are describing.

Well neither has Maya 5 been updated, so I don't think this should be a problem.
(Or maybe it is because the program is out dated as well. :rolleyes:)

Anyway if you want you can try to export it again doing one thing at a time.
Or maybe I could try exporting the model for you and you can do what you want with the GM files.
I don't think I will be able to do this today though.

Well neither has Maya 5 been updated, so I don't think this should be a problem.
(Or maybe it is because the program is out dated as well. :rolleyes:)

Anyway if you want you can try to export it again doing one thing at a time.
Or maybe I could try exporting the model for you and you can do what you want with the GM files.
I don't think I will be able to do this today though.
Well, for the Whaler I'll try getting it into GM format today, but if I cant I may send it's files to you so you could (maybe) get it into GM format if you wish to.

Back