• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Correcting "Early Explorers" Period

As far as I can tell, all the ropes are connected, she's got pennants and with the hull returned to the CoAS original, the bow wave seems fine too!
Extra details can be returned to her as soon as Jack has those ready. But for now, I think she's good to go! :woot

And of course the regular request to @Armada....
Any chance of giving her a place with the ship interface screenshots?
upload_2015-6-23_22-15-14.png

Sure, but she's pointing the wrong way in your screenshot. :wp
Really? I forgot. Perhaps it is time for the wonderful world of MIRRORING! :cheeky

Or did you want her shown from the bow? I deliberately shot the stern because that is where you can see the Golden Hind texture.

Really? I forgot. Perhaps it is time for the wonderful world of MIRRORING! :cheeky

Or did you want her shown from the bow? I deliberately shot the stern because that is where you can see the Golden Hind texture.
Nice try. :p
All the other ships are shown sailing towards the camera (from right to left), so a bow shot would be best for consistency.

I said "from right to left", but it will do. :rolleyes:

Looks like she's sitting quite high in the water, though.

It's fine, I already mirrored it. New shipsBR.tga.tx and pictures.ini are here.
Make sure the ships_init entry uses SHIPS4 as its BigPicTexName.

It's fine, I already mirrored it.
I was admittedly not entirely serious there... :wp

New shipsBR.tga.tx and pictures.ini are here.
Make sure the ships_init entry uses SHIPS4 as its BigPicTexName.
Thanks a lot! Working in my game now.
I'll probably need to make a new Installer EXE to include that though because it is too large for a ZIP.
Oh well, there's time enough for that tomorrow. :cheeky

Which reminds me.... She needs an entry in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ShipModels_descriptions.txt too:
Code:
GoldenHind_Descr{The 'Golden Hind' is best known for her circumnavigation of the globe between 1577 and 1580.
She was originally known as the 'Pelican', but was renamed by Drake mid-voyage in 1578.}

I thought she was too high too in the sea from the beginning but @HyliePistof lifted her up 0.5 m.
Okay to sink her a little?

You are sailing that ship empty! With full holds she sits maybe a little too low. All of my screenies are with full holds and look at the difference.

My shot was right at the start of the storyline.
Is there not a ships_init.c setting that defines how quickly the ship responds to getting Cargo loaded?
That way she could be set to be Ok in both cases, right?

You are sailing that ship empty!
Aha, this game is very claver. o_O

Another thing Pieter, the clean GoldenHind.gm you are using doesn't have Hylie's changes of ropes.
I'll fix that as I anyway have to add locators.

I have checked and yes i can make my adds as GoldenHind_deck.gm with the TOOL. No beep.

Another thing Pieter, the clean GoldenHind.gm you are using doesn't have Hylie's changes of ropes.
You sure? I thought I exported the locators from Hylie's file and re-imported them into the clean version before I uploaded?
Anyway, doesn't matter if you'll be posting the fully correct version later anyway. :cheeky

I have checked and yes i can make my adds as GoldenHind_deck.gm with the TOOL. No beep.
BRILLIANT! :woot

When you've done that, it might be worth importing that deck GM into Maya, so you can export it back without any lighting issues.
Alternatively, you could try importing each object to attach them to the hull in Maya instead of TOOL. That way, you can export the entire hull as one GM file without the beep.
Just some suggestions to think about. ;)

Back