• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Correcting "Early Explorers" Period

Me? The last time I tried Maya the tutorial wouldn't even do what it said it would do.
That's why I need people to try the new tutorial, to check if anything is too hard to follow so I can fix it for the final version. ;)

Code:
  refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2   = 1;     //??
   refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a3   = 1;     //??
@Jack Rackham, unless I'm very much mistaken, these lines control which sails get emblems.

See attached also an updated ships_init.c file that is more compatible with my latest version.

Since there are still some issues with this ship and the custom texture isn't included, I think I won't include her in my game for now....

Attachments

• Ships_init.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Thanks Pieter, but the file bortoutGoldeHind.tga.tx is in the upload.
But the ships is far from ready. The upload was most for Hylie so we're working on the same
files.

Uh ya, I was gonna mention a few things need changing starting with the pennants.

POTC new 2015-06-22 07-25-58-18.jpg

I have not yet found a combination that yields a pennant on mast 2. Possibly it is because mast 3 has no pennant locators yet. :shrug

I have gone about as far as I can with the rigging for now. The only hitch is that the lateen now has a different texture than all the other yards. Dunno why that is as they all match in GOF2.

POTC new 2015-06-22 09-58-59-07.jpg

Can you swap out the mast GM file with one that can be read in the TOOL?
It is pretty bad to have a ship model with only *some* pennant locators but not all.
Otherwise ALL pennants should be removed and the ship can be set up with refShip.NoPennants = true;
But it is a bit of an "all or nothing" thing with pennants. :facepalm

Can you swap out the mast GM file with one that can be read in the TOOL?
Yes I tried that, using Carrack mast3 but it meant no ropes up to the platform.

I really don't understand the flag/pennant situation. Feel free @Hylie to do whatever you think
best.

Today I have continued the retexturing and am adding more things to the ship.
It's an iteresting model with a stair but rather empty in the lower room.

I have done all the rigging I can for the moment. For some reason the textures came out different so I made a new texture for the lateen so they all look the same now.

For flags I can get mast 4 to show either a flag or pennant, mast 3 that can not be read can have either a flag or nothing, and mast 2 can have nothing or a flag or a flag AND pennant when mast 3 has nothing. So right now all flags is best.

I have not looked into replacing that mast but will do so later.

POTC new 2015-06-22 09-58-59-07.jpg

I will have a look at fixing this mast, but only because it's a tricky one to explain how to fix.
Getting its position right without its TOOL coordinates will be a pain, but I have an idea to work around that.

The only catch is that all of this mast's locators will need to be redone from scratch. I'll leave that to Hylie once I've exported it.

The bow wave can be someone else's project, once I write that into the tutorial. :wp

About the textures: I have used COAS deck.tga now called dyck.tga for the shipdeck.
The masts still call for deck.tga. That can be seen where the masts are "broken". Maybe if I
change to the same deck/dyck.tga for all we get rid of that lateen problem as well.

The bow wave can be someone else's project, once I write that into the tutorial.
:onya

About the textures: I have used COAS deck.tga now called dyck.tga for the shipdeck.
The masts still call for deck.tga. That can be seen where the masts are "broken".
They should all be desk.tga which is the PotC copy of CoAS' deck texture, further modified by @Armada so all ships have a similar look.

The bow wave can be someone else's project, once I write that into the tutorial. :wp
The bow wave is unfortunate but I don't mind that so much.
As long as the pennants and ropes are sorted, that would be the most important things.
So thanks a lot! :cheers

And thanks to you for helping out with this too! :cheers

I just renamed everything to "dyck" and it does indeed look much better, but the lateen is best left alone.

POTC new 2015-06-22 13-50-42-68.jpg

Here's the fixed Mast3. It should have exactly the same position as the old version, and I can confirm that it opens in TOOL.
You'll notice it has fewer polygons now, because I deleted a bunch of duplicate polys facing inwards. It appears this entire ship has the same problem, but apparently it hasn't affected anything other than the polycount. :shrug

I've set the mast to use desk.tga and would suggest that all the other masts and deck components on this ship use the same texture.

I also made a note of the process I used to fix the mast, and will include this in the Troubleshooting section of my tutorial.

Attachments

• GoldenHind_mast3.7z
    5.5 KB · Views: 85
Back