• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bulletstorm

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I am not really much in to FPS's, but I must say, this one looks promising! Click on the link to the Gametrailers forum and you can read the full GameInformer article!

Bulletstorm is set in the 26th century where a group known as the Confederation of Planets is one of the most dominant forces in the galaxy. Protagonist Grayson Hunt is one of their best men, where under General Serrano, leads a team on a special mission to assassinate a man allegedly responsible for countless deaths. However, as they make their way towards the enemy, a “manipulative and psychotic side” to the protagonist is revealed. People Can Fly won’t say exactly how, for story purposes.

Grayson ends up a drunken pirate ten years later, with his only friend being a cyborg named Ishi Sato. Roaming through the galaxy, he bumps into the ship of General Serrano, where he rams it and both his and Serrano’s ship go hurdling towards the planet Stygia. That’s where one of the game’s first long (20 minute) cutscenes kick in and the prologue ends. Many of the cutscenes actually show Grayson, who’s not very politically accurate in his speech, rather than give players a first-person view.

The first-person shooter will have an online component, which the team thinks is going to “kick-ass” but they’re “not ready to reveal [multiplayer] yet.” They pretty much shot down any hope for co-op, using story-elements as a defense.

Original story here :
http://scrawlfx.com/2010/04/bulletstorm-confirmed-gi-cover-story-leaked

Certainly looks like something to keep an eye on - the "old school" art style used looks pretty neat, too.
yes.gif

Indeed it does! I may have to give this one a serious look, hopefully we will see some better game footage from E3!

There is another interview just up over at Bit-Tech!

And another interview from Strategy Informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/bulletstorm/previews.html

This is shaping up to be a game encompassing those rare moments in the original Halo when you were battling 20+ baddies who swarmed your Warthog at once, and the poor bugger manning the vehicle's gun was having a spaz attack whilst blasting away at anything and everything.
laugh.gif

Here is some footage of some actual gameplay from GamesCon 2010! This game looks friggen INTENSE!! :woot

I'd prefer a first person/third person shooter of StarCraft where you play as a Terran Marine. Think of wide open spaces with zerg coming from every direction and your only solution is to use your gauss rifle and ask questions later.. now THAT'S intense! :woot

New Bulletstorm on the PS3 preview: http://www.strategyinformer.com/ps3/bulletstorm/414/preview.html . This looks like what I thought Borderlands would be. :woot

One word: FUN! That's all I can call this game - it's a blast of twisted, demented, immature, over-the-top mayhem coupled with a godawful, cliched Hollywood story. It also ends WAY too fast. I think it took me about eight hours on first play-through. Replayability is sadly in many ways limited because the enemies always attack from the same positions unless you charge through them and attack from the rear when possible, forcing them to change positions.

Graphically, heck, this is easily the nicest-looking FPS I've ever played. The setting is insane, the attention to detail in the surroundings is nothing short of phenomenal, and everything feels just right. You'll want to play through it again just to look at the surroundings, which is just wacky for an FPS. xD:

Multiplayer has been busted since release thanks to cheaters infiltrating the scoreboards, which the devs claim will be fixed when the first update (and the demo) are released soon. Games can still be played though, and having to do some actual teamwork with other players to succeed is nice instead of the usual run 'n gun of most online FPS games.

Bugs? Of course - this mother is riddled with 'em! Cutscenes that freeze, characters that display in 16-bit colours because the game thinks your GTX 460 is from the Voodoo era, wacky '60s hippy colour spots that pop up on screen at random, horrific memory leaks that bring high-end systems to a crawl, and other wacky stuff.

I love this game, but I think the $60 price tag it's got in Canada and elsewhere is way too steep - $40 or less and I could see this thing having been a record-breaker in first week sales. Provided they'd released a demo before the game was released. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Stallion, I never did get around to buying this one, I am always cautious when it comes to FPS's. They always hook you in with eye candy and then disappoint you with gameplay. $60 for 8 hours of gameplay is ridiculous! I was really hoping this one would be different. It really seemed to have potential back when I was watching the trailers.

I'd say to try the demo when it comes out, Thagarr - you might like it. :yes The eye candy is mind-blowing, to say the least. xD:

Most reviewers seem to have the same opinion I do - a $40 price tag would have done wonders for sales. I get the feeling the only reason they even put this game out was to build hype for the next Gears of War game, and that PC players were most definitely an afterthought. This is a pretty crappy console port, to say the least.

I seem to mostly really like games that all other gamers hate, for some reason.

Thanks mate, I'll give it a look when I get some free time.

Somebody apparently did a speedrun through the whole game in under eight minutes. xD: Why you'd want to do that and miss all the eye candy is beyond me.

Bulletstorm was apparently made by a bunch of crazy Russians, which explains why it's...well...Bulletstorm. :woot

Bulletstorm is now down to a measly $30 in most major retailers in Canada, so it's now entered "Worth buying" territory for something with an eight-hour SP campaign. :yes

Duke Nukem Forever is what Bulletstorm should've been called. :woot Going by the DNF demo, at least. xD:

Back