• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 Beta 3: What's the Verdict?

So how close are we to making the public release?

• Total voters
I would do if /else statements since i know the basics of them.
I meant think of a specific game feature you'd want to add/change/improve/fix.

also did any of you go to a school to learn this stuff or did you learn from the internet?
Me, I learned it all by doing. Never had a lesson in my life. I'm a seafarer, not a programmer. :cheeky

Pieter, I think at this point you're getting pretty close to being a programmer, LOL

Pieter, just saying, maybe you might want to look into becoming a programmer, do it for the right people and it pays well, especially the more experienced you are. But, it's your life, just offering a suggestion. :pirateraft

Well, I did become a seafarer on purpose. And I don't think companies would be happy to hire a programmer who has zero paperwork on being able to do it.
A brilliant job though would be to have an advisory role on nautical program development.
But people like to not listen whenever you say sensible things. At least when I am the one saying them. o_O

Well, I always wish you the best pieter, you're clearly a hard worker.

Blue sails? I didn't know there were blue sails.
Anyway, the textures are in RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Sails and you need the TX Converter to convert them to editable TGA format and back again.

yea you go to isla meurta and talk to vanderdecken and get the dialogue to upgrade your ship and its the bottom option i think. There is black, blue(red)and red sail color

Uhm.... I never heard of any such feature being there. Vanderdecken does two things:
1. Sell ships you cannot get anywhere else
2. Sell big guns

And I should know; I added Vanderdecken myself. o_O

AoP 2 has three paint schemes per ship. PotC has this which allows you to swap between ships with the same model:
14 - Appearance.jpg
But not at Vanderdecken.

There are way too many bugs floating around. Every time I close the game it's caused by some type of bug. It breaks the immersion, and it's a very unsmooth experience. I think that the next patch needs to have a heavy focus on bug fixes. I'd play this mod for hours were it not for its instability.

I think that the next patch needs to have a heavy focus on bug fixes.
Uhm.... That's basically what Beta 2.5 and Beta 3 did focus on.

What bugs have you been running into? Can't fix them if we don't have more information on them.

There are still some elusive random crashes going on, but they never give us any information so I can't track down why they happen. :modding

Uhm.... That's basically what Beta 2.5 and Beta 3 did focus on.

What bugs have you been running into? Can't fix them if we don't have more information on them.

There are still some elusive random crashes going on, but they never give us any information so I can't track down why they happen. :modding
I recently started playing again having heard of Beta 3's release, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit out of the loop. If it's okay with you I'll post information about all of the crashes and bugs that occur. The crashes aren't as common, though they still happen.

Please do post the details when you get them. Hopefully we can find a clue somewhere.

Crashes do still occur, but it's better than it used to be. And pretty much all non-crashy game-breaking stuff had been fixed.

Back