• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

The sixth rate frigates have no steering gear neither wheel, nor whip.
Can you please post a screenshot of the ship in question? I recall there being different types of sixth rate frigate, but I can't remember seeing one without steering gear. :confused:

Armada,

So sorry. I don't have one from the old version and now I am struggling with 3.1. If I can get the saves working correctly, I will send a screen shot as soon as I find the ship.

You can try to edit the starting ship in PROGRAM\Storyline and start a new game or just choose any ship with Cheat Mode ON in the New Game menu.

Okay so the system is not logical? xD

What u mean? The enlarged world map? I don't care too much if it is less logical or not. Aesthetically it is even more logical, since you actually have to cross open sea to get from island to island rather than having said islands popping in and out of sight in a row. This is easily the biggest selling point for the enlarged world map. The game looks far better with it .... but the economical gameplay goes down the hill, since making a sh**load of money in comparable short time is now an absoloute breeze.
General question guys: If I turn up the salary multiplier (currently have it at 10), does that also account for the dividing of the plunder (like inrceasing shares per crewmember/maybe even less patience between the divisions of plunder)? Maybe a brutal salary multiplier (12 and upwards) can outdo the economical favors of the enlarged world map.

What did you tweak? Maybe I can try that and can help with my game graphics/display too.:)
Color settings 32-Bit but only with mediocre textures (since high textures put too much of a load on my humble machine). So my specs are far from being the gold standard.^^

Didn't someone recommend changing the encounter chance values for Open Sea Mod ON? You could take the InitOpenSeaMod function from the original Beta 3 installer and put that back.
That might be it?

not the right quote but just to notice i get same thing sometime (only worldmap encounter)

Last edited:
If using the standard mod the islands are very close together. But in the open sea mod they are very far apart and can take real time hours to travel to. I am usually broke most of the time and sometimes miss a crew payday.
Years ago I heard that the game maxes out at $50,000,000, but have never come close to it.

I have been practicing with battle encounters in the world map, and if you place the bow of your ship icon on the edge of the battle icons you can often spawn within spyglass range of the battle.

Three things

1. Ship encounter does not appear to be working. When I click on engage and leave the map there are no ships there.

2. In the pirate tavern on Nevius I heard a female speaking Russian.

3. On my ship three of my crew got in brawl three died and none attacked me. In looted a Venetian naval cutlass off of one of them. Not appropriate to the period.

1. Ship encounter does not appear to be working. When I click on engage and leave the map there are no ships there.
Seems like the only way to encounter a ship now is by engaging a current battle in worldmap. Its what I'm doing. This is killing the arcade experience.
Didn't someone recommend changing the encounter chance values for Open Sea Mod ON? You could take the InitOpenSeaMod function from the original Beta 3 installer and put that back.
That might be it?
I don't seem to follow and I don't have the original Beta 3 installer already. What else can I try to make the ship encounter work like before?

I agree.The ship encounter is endeed not working anymore. The fun is gone. Can anyone solve this problem?It needs to be done.

It will take a coder to fix this problem. Levis is the only one around now and he is probably doing final exams now.

I have an old Beta 3 installer and compared the InitOpenSeaMod to the new one. The problem lies elsewhere. This is a global problem that affects all versions from arcade to iron man.

Actually don't agree, swapped to realistic mode and sailed for a bit, chased some spanish ships and sailed straight into a few battles, went without a bug, and I'm using the newest version.

The only thing, that's "bugging" me is, that last few versions the building set, wich you can build and are placed here and there throughout the map are too white, almost no texture on 'em.
That is caused by a bad install if I'm correct.

the encouter problem happens "only" on worldmap, so direct sail still really great

i havent any older version of the beta 3 so i cant compare myself :(

but well, i advice at the moment to fully play in direct sail, i miss a little the worldmap sailing when im starting a new game but then i quickly forget it

also as in every build, when you have "personal flag" you are never chased in worldmap, thats why i use mostly direct sail mode

Actually don't agree, swapped to realistic mode and sailed for a bit, chased some spanish ships and sailed straight into a few battles, went without a bug, and I'm using the newest version.
the encouter problem happens "only" on worldmap, so direct sail still really great
And agentad is correct. Plus you can only successfully engage/encounter ships in on going battles in worldmap.
Ship encounter with regular sailing/passing ship(s) don't work. You'll see no ship(s) after confirming encounter menu.
And it is kinda hard now to build up trust to different nations and reputation as sinking ships and pirates from time to time is really helpful.

That's what I ment, I changed to realistic mode, just to sail on the worldmap to test the encounters, and they work fine, having much harder time chasing spaniards in iron man mode (since most of the time they try to flee upwind even though I'm miles away.

I will look into this at friday/saturday. For now I've been catching up with real life after having spend 3 weeks in bed to recover from a operation. So please wiat a litle while longer. And you could help me to have a organised post/message of what is happening and when so I can fix it as easy as possible,

So we are all agreed that direct sail is still ok and only world map encounters are off? Or am I misunderstanding something?

So we are all agreed that direct sail is still ok and only world map encounters are off? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Everything works fine for me.

Oh, and does anyone know where the missing children quest file is located? I want to change that satanist frigate with another dark vessel, can't stand the low quality of the ship.

I will look into this at friday/saturday. For now I've been catching up with real life after having spend 3 weeks in bed to recover from a operation. So please wiat a litle while longer. And you could help me to have a organised post/message of what is happening and when so I can fix it as easy as possible,

hylie said exactly whats happening, in short thats it

"direct sail is still ok and only world map encounters are off"

to precise what happens exactly, you get the encounter menu on worldmap "want to meet in 3d sailing mode: yes or no" and when you press "yes" and go into 3d sailing mode, no ship in view at all

as davyjack noticed (and i confirm that), the problem doesnt happen when you "join" a war between 2 fleet, so the problem is only when you encounter a "lonely fleet" (i mean by "lonely fleet" = it can be a chasing fleet, or a lonely fleet you want to encounter)

out of subject but also affecting worldmap encounter: when you have the personal flag, even if you have enemies, you will never be chased by any fleet

hope it will help, if you need more help, just ask ! :)

to precise what happens exactly, you get the encounter menu on worldmap "want to meet in 3d sailing mode: yes or no" and when you press "yes" and go into 3d sailing mode, no ship in view at all

That bit works fine for me, so I don't know what you guys are talking about D:<

Back