• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

If you had seen my pictures exactly or my savegame loaded you would have noticed that I meant other places in and around Philipsburg.:yes
Okay, I tested it again. And again, the guard in the port can be looted just fine, and I chose another spot to kill him. Then I went to the back of Philipsburg and fought them lazy soldiers walking around and all is well with the looting and stuff, their ally cannoneer even fires at me but those two dumb gate guards won't fight me in the middle of all that racket but I myself can't deal damage to them in return. They have a different uniform, so I guess they only care for others with their same type of uniform.xD
TAL: seadogs2_0000.jpgseadogs2_0002.jpgseadogs2_0003.jpgseadogs2_0004.jpgseadogs2_0005.jpgseadogs2_0006.jpgseadogs2_0008.jpgseadogs2_0009.jpgseadogs2_0010.jpgseadogs2_0012.jpg

EDIT1: I also killed several hostile townfolks inside and out the town and all seems to work just fine.
EDIT2: No disappearing corpses btw. But Corpse Mode 3 dissolves the corpse(s) after looting.

Last edited:
What is happening to you is not what has been happening to me for months now. The first time I kill a soldier it works pretty normally, but every time I go back again the corpse is over here and the loot is somewhere over there.

Yes, the continent is not mapped completely and it is possible to get stuck far inland. It has happened to me when a storm drives my ship far inland and the only way back is with the world map.

The two methods of ship berthing have descriptions right there.

One method is intended for just short time berthing, and you keep the rigging and crew. You also still have to pay the crew.

The other method is for long term lay up and all of the upgrades, rigging, and crew are removed. This costs less while layed up but then you have to replace the rigging and crew when you activate the ship again.

Ahoy,

I have just downloaded the latest update when I went to add abilities it seems that the many abilities no require multiple points. What is that about? I play arcade game usually start at level 31. Also a couple things I noticed in previous version:

The sixth rate frigates have no steering gear neither wheel, nor whip.

When my weapons locker is full of fine kajilli, bosun's choice, clamshell falcion blades, during boarding the crew chooses the kijilli first, the bc second and the clamshell never. When you look at the ratings, the kijilli has the lowest and clamshell the best.

Ahoy,

I have just downloaded the latest update when I went to add abilities it seems that the many abilities no require multiple points. What is that about? I play arcade game usually start at level 31. Also a couple things I noticed in previous version:

The sixth rate frigates have no steering gear neither wheel, nor whip.

When my weapons locker is full of fine kajilli, bosun's choice, clamshell falcion blades, during boarding the crew chooses the kijilli first, the bc second and the clamshell never. When you look at the ratings, the kijilli has the lowest and clamshell the best.

1. For the sake of difficulty.

2.What 6th rates are you exactly talking about?

3.That's random, whatever I throw in the weapons locker, they use bosun's choices and boarding axes, than anything else.

Hylie Pistof: What's the purpose of the first option if when you'd like to berth a ship, it would be logical to berth it for a longer time, no?

The weapons locker thing doesn't fell random if it chooses the same weapons in the same order every time.

All of the sixth rate frigates in this main story line.

I don't even know what the ship berthing is all about. I don't use that.

I say, only put one type of sword and gun on the weapons locker.

I tweaked around a bit with my settings and got rid of the glitchy look. Seems that mediocre color settings just don't cut it.

I chose to play Iron man but without the enlarged world map. As sweet as it looks on first glance - it gives the player an unrealistic advantage as far as travel speed goes. I can run cargo missions with ships as sluggish as an umodified and packed fleuyt and reach any destination with ease LONG before the deadline. So even though the trips take far longer in real time, in in-game time there is just no sense for urgency whatsoever - which is a bad combination gameplay-wise (time consuming - but not challenging). I never even came close to the deadline in even the most distant cargo trips (like from Eleuthera to Grenada).
I think it is because of the days being treated according to the clock. Might be more realistic on paper but it makes for some record travel speed. With the wind changing every hour it is next to impossible to run into a bad wind, that remains for a critical amount of time and puts a dent in the straight route consistently. Just sit out a few hours (something that you can rarely afford to do in direct sail without the enlarged world map, since it will cost you days of time and provisions).
This beneficial travel speed also translates into the player getting far more done, before dividing any plunder/paying the next salary, which makes the economical aspects of the game far easier to master.

Speaking of which: Me crew finally wanted their salary .... a whole month later. Oh, what loyal souls they are.^^ However, in my new game the salary works as it should.

Ship berthing is to let the ship you want in the city you are currently in.
So you can continue hunting merchants and taking their ships even if you have the 4 vessels you like the most.
Useful option IMO.

Ship berthing is to let the ship you want in the city you are currently in.
So you can continue hunting merchants and taking their ships even if you have the 4 vessels you like the most.
Useful option IMO.
Yeah, that's the second option in Ship Berthing, but the first option in my oppinion is useless, unless it does something wich I don't know about.

Jason: If you don't like the swords your crew are using give them better swords. They really like the Portagee soldiers swords, but you have to kill the Portagee soldiers to get them.

Some of the ships were not made perfectly accurate. :shrug

You can't access the save? When you click on "load" have you tried clicking on "profile" and setting your profile there? If you have many profiles the game can get confused and not give you the one you want.

Hylie,

On the blades, I have a locker full of great blades. My question is if I fine bosun's choice, clamshell falchion, and kijilis
why does the algorithm choose the blade with the lowest value every time.

On profiles and saves I only have one. I 'll keep fiddling with it. Even weirder, I can't access any saves during the game, when I click profile it has the right profile but no saves. If I quit the game and click load, they are all there. And when I save I can't over right any previous save.

Last edited:
The AI seems to value offense over defense and will pick a sword with high damage and offense but weak defense over a balanced sword. The kilij does have great offence.

Okay so the system is not logical? xD
I tweaked around a bit with my settings and got rid of the glitchy look. Seems that mediocre color settings just don't cut it.
What did you tweak? Maybe I can try that and can help with my game graphics/display too.:)

Back