• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

AGH! Good catch. They DID use to, right? :yes

:yes

The Archapeligo Map is OK - It is just the others that look strange.

Map Cozumel.JPG

PotC Beta 3 Map2.JPG

:drunk

Lots of chatting going on! :onya

Methinks the ctd Colloseum is talking about is when you talk to a captured officer in the hold when you are NOT in a harbor.

One CTD a week ain't bad. People pay $60USD for games that do worse these days.

Your cannons can be destroyed and you'd have to get them repaired again.
Check your F2>Ship menu and click your cannons. You will see line that looks like this:
Cannons.jpg

FBLR means "Front/Back/Left/Right" and the numbers following it show how many cannons you have installed in total.
After a few battles, this could be less than the ship started out with.

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted
This one contains a bit of an experiment: Pirate_KK's rewritten boarding code. The intention of this code is to prevent "stuck on boarding errors".
It is quite substantially different in its workings, so please do try this as much as possible. This includes regular ships, surrender ships AND town capture.

Also included:
- Ability for Companion Ships to mutiny. Haven't tested this myself, but please see if you can convince them to do so!
- Background of Map Interface restored to the old type for other maps than the Archipelago one.
- Various dialog errors mentioned on the forum.
- Change so boarding locator use for SHIPS is restored to the Beta 2.5 state and it is only different for forts and towns now.
This should hopefully fix the "crewmember stuck in the deck" issue. Please let me know if you still do encounter that problem.
- Various code changes to reduce error.log entries during boardings and hopefully improve game stability.

I also found another bunch of uncompressed loading screens, so those will be included soon as well.

Well, I thought I was done for the day. I was wrong.
So I'm re-uploading the file with some MORE stuff. See below for the REAL update details.

Last edited:
Well, I hope no new game is required. You'll have to see how it goes.
I had a crash when I tested on that savegame of yours I have, but I'm not sure if that was related.

There is something odd going on with the merchants. When I look in the "colonies" interface they show one set of prices that is based on my commerce level, but when I actually get into the store the prices are based on someone with a commerce skill of 1.
I just tested this myself, but cannot seem to confirm your weirdness:
1. Testing at full skills and abilities
2. Went to the Bonaire store, where they're exporting Tobacco. Checked the prices: Buy for 123 and sell for 121
3. Checked the Colonies interface and saw 121 / 123, eg. exactly the same
4. Fill cargo hold with Tobacco: see price increase from 123 to 125 due to the apparent increased demand because I'm buying it
5. Check Colonies interface again and see it is now updated to 125 / 128, which again matches with the Merchant interface
6. Then the values on the Colonies interface will NOT be updated while you play until you visit that same store again, but the prices CAN change without you knowing it

So as far as I can tell, the price display in the Colonies interface matches up just fine.
Only thing that IS weird is that the buy/sell prices apparently change VERY rapidly while you're buying.
Looks like a bit of an over-enthusiastic economy, really. But that is all. :shrug

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted

As mentioned before, this is the second update of today. This replaces the earlier one and is the same as before, just with some more stuff.

This one contains a bit of an experiment: Pirate_KK's rewritten boarding code. The intention of this code is to prevent "stuck on boarding errors".
It is quite substantially different in its workings, so please do try this as much as possible. This includes regular ships, surrender ships AND town capture.

Also included:
- Ability for Companion Ships to mutiny. Haven't tested this myself, but please see if you can convince them to do so!
- Background of Map Interface restored to the old type for other maps than the Archipelago one.
- Various dialog errors mentioned on the forum.
- Change so boarding locator use for SHIPS is restored to the Beta 2.5 state and it is only different for forts and towns now.
This should hopefully fix the "crewmember stuck in the deck" issue. Please let me know if you still do encounter that problem.
- Captured enemy captains should NEVER show up during boardings of other ships again. They had a habit of doing so before. o_O
- "Gibberish" of quest traders in their cabin has been replaced by some more sensible text.
- Various number-formatted dates in interfaces changed to "human date" display as this seems more historically appropriate to me.
- Various code changes to reduce error.log entries during boardings and hopefully improve game stability.
- Another bunch of uncompressed loading screens that I found in my old files are now included.
- Annoying "click" sound on interior player ship decks fixed by changing the sound file to be a REAL stereo one (it was played as stereo before, but was actually mono)

This is probably a better place to talk about my trials and tribulations with the game. Obviously since this seems to be working others but I am still getting the run time even with a clean install and a restart of the computer and the most recent update. I really enjoy the game and I am in awe of the awesome work you all have done on it.

But ... I give up.

Updated to most recent release. I am playing through the Bartolomeu story line. I'm at the Battle of Aquadilla. And I'm stuck. I've rescued the paymaster, fought my way back through cellar and come out near the waterfall. Montbars comes up, says "crap, patrol" (essentially), we kill four soldiers, and that's it. He just stands there. He won't interact with me at all to finish the next step in the storyline. Reinitialization doesn't work. And running console doesn't work. I am hoping this isn't a conflict of using an old save with the most recent update. Is there a way to manually force the questline to continue?

This is probably a better place to talk about my trials and tribulations with the game. Obviously since this seems to be working others but I am still getting the run time even with a clean install and a restart of the computer and the most recent update. I really enjoy the game and I am in awe of the awesome work you all have done on it.

But ... I give up.
What? :shock Noooooooo! :nogood We're PIRATES AHOY! We're reliving the greatest pirate life in HISTORY!:ship
Hoist the Colors!!!!! :pflag Take what you can! Give Nothing BACK!:aar :treasure: :thumbs1

The Beta 3 full archive installs properly though, right? The public release next week will be an up-to-date full installer. You can try that one.

Updated to most recent release. I am playing through the Bartolomeu story line. I'm at the Battle of Aquadilla. And I'm stuck. I've rescued the paymaster, fought my way back through cellar and come out near the waterfall. Montbars comes up, says "crap, patrol" (essentially), we kill four soldiers, and that's it. He just stands there. He won't interact with me at all to finish the next step in the storyline. Reinitialization doesn't work. And running console doesn't work. I am hoping this isn't a conflict of using an old save with the most recent update. Is there a way to manually force the questline to continue?
Do you have a savegame from just prior to that? If so, please upload it. I'll see if I can convince it to continue.

Your cannons can be destroyed and you'd have to get them repaired again.
Check your F2>Ship menu and click your cannons. You will see line that looks like this:
View attachment 12578
FBLR means "Front/Back/Left/Right" and the numbers following it show how many cannons you have installed in total.
After a few battles, this could be less than the ship started out with.

I know that cannons get destroyed, but you said "damaged", everything works now, haven't lost any cannons, the only thing that was wrong was having 10 men on a ship that needs a minimum of 21 men.

Well, cannons can get "damaged" too. In that case, your crew's repairing will eventually restore it without you having to return to a shipyard to fix it.
When one of your cannons is hit, you'll see a note of "We think we can fix it" if that is the case. You can't really see how many cannons are "damaged" though.
They just wouldn't show until they'd "magically" appear again.

Anyway, that was not the cause of the problem then.

So I updated the "Main things we need help with" part of the opening post:
Since we're pretty close to getting this out to the public, it is more important than ever that we need ADVERTISING MATERIAL!
Anyone can contribute with that, so PLEASE DO!

And the Capture Colonies mod could use some more work on the locator files. Talisman is looking into it, but more help is always welcome.
Not difficult and would definitely help a cool feature look and work smoother. :yes

I had deleted all the save games of my progress during the troublesome Battle of Aquadilla quest and then I restarted it from the gov of La Tortue. Went through the whole damn thing, didn't use any cheats, got killed a lot but finally made it through to the same point, same result. Montbars and I kill the four soldier English patrol and then he just stands there like a goon. I uploaded the save just prior to exiting the cellars.

On a different but possibly related note, with the most recent update, there is an item in my inventory that is either simply blank or it sometimes shows up as error. It only comes up when I am looking into another object inventory (officer, chest, dead body), but it must be related to the medicine items. I can use health pots with the quick button all I want, but if I go in through actual menu on the bottom to "use item" the game crashes every time. I added the most recent logs.

I'm hoping this all isn't a result of save game corruption. I was so close. I have been thoroughly enjoying the storyline, but I wanted to get to Isla de Muerta so I could buy one of the fast frigates, upgrade the hell out of it, and then unleash a hellstorm of pirating shenanigans on el Carib.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Antigua.rar
    695.8 KB · Views: 67
  • compile.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 82
  • error.log
    299 bytes · Views: 97
  • system.log
    542 bytes · Views: 95
Back