• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Well software rendering makes the game run really slow and should only be used for Intel graphics cards...

My card handles the ENB enhanced graphics, but I also do suggests keeping both options unchecked :yes

What I suggest you do is have a backup of your original game so if you do stuff up you dont have to keep reinstalling ;)

Reinstalling the game can't hurt in this case. And indeed, keep an archive for backup purposes. POTC can also run without registry keys meaning you can have separate installs of different Builds.

i know i am just lazy it takes so long to make a backup you know
i'm just going to reinstall it tomorrow

Written yesterday:

It seems that there's a bunch of stupid and annoying problems in Beta 1,
so it'll be really good if we can get a lot of testing done
and if Captain Magee can provide a patch for the most glaring errors.
Otherwise a lot of people might be put off.

Next time I'm back, I suppose we'll need to make a fixed Beta 2 installer.
Well, at least that gives me something to NOT look forward to upon my return! :shock

Backing up indeed saves sooo much time!
I would also recommend using none of the software renderers.
ENB you can use if you have a really good computer, but otherwise I wouldn't try it.
SwiftShader you really don't want. :no

Thanks for the fixes, Snow White Sorrow!
And thanks for putting it in the installation instructions, Captain Maggee!
It does need to be added to the ModDB instructions too;
I think Snow White Sorrow should now have the rights to be able to do that.

No problems Pieter ;)

Do you want to give me the rights to the ModDB as well? Be better if both SWS and I were able to edit it

Good point; will do that right now. :yes
I forgot you had a ModDB account as well. :facepalm

Well, at least that gives me something to NOT look forward to upon my return!

With Capt. Courtney's example fixes can originate from independent sources, which does save a bit of time for everyone.

To outsource the installer creation itself I'm afraid we do need better marketing than what we have today. Big population attracts talent, etc.

Ok fix file has been updated (again) go to openning page to find link to the new fix (only requires a reinit [F11])

Ahoy Mates,

I try to install Buld14Beta1 Full on a new stock POTC on Vista.

First strange thing is that program is renamed program_new after the installation... BTW, I renamed to program and it works.

The real problem is that in standard story line when i leave Oxbay and land on other island I can't move to foward or back direction, just left or right...

Another issue is that medium spyglass shows only ship name... then only a blue line instead of other information.

Bye, bye,
giuliootto

Back