• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

hi all i have recently installed windows 7 and installed potc again. but it doesn't work properly.
when i open the game there is a lot of lagging and when i select new game sometimes the game crashes.
this is with and without the build mod.
i have tried to set my screen resolution lower becouse om some other tread they said that it didn't work on widescreen or something ( i've got a 22 inch widescreen from iiyama).
and i've tried to run the game in compatibility mode. (windows xp service pack 2)
do any of you know what to do? plz help.
btw great job on the new beta!

hi all i have recently installed windows 7 and installed potc again. but it doesn't work properly.
when i open the game there is a lot of lagging and when i select new game sometimes the game crashes.
this is with and without the build mod.
i have tried to set my screen resolution lower becouse om some other tread they said that it didn't work on widescreen or something ( i've got a 22 inch widescreen from iiyama).
and i've tried to run the game in compatibility mode. (windows xp service pack 2)
do any of you know what to do? plz help.
btw great job on the new beta!

hi im running build beta 1 and stock game on windows 7 64bit with a 24inch monitor without any provlesms. With the build beta did you select any of the Software renders? Like ENB? also what graphics card do you have in your computer?

thanks

He just said that it is with and without the Build ;)

Do you have an intel intergrated card? Apparantly these cards HATE older games :(

no i don't have n integrated card and i have the same pc then before.
i think the only things new are my screen and windows 7.
but i'm not sure

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep defiantly, especially with installing mods, install it for example in C:/My Games

mmm strange i just installed the game on my father's pc and it worked.
but he also has windows 7 and i installed it in program files so thats out of the question.....

system: windowas 7 ultimate 32 bits
procesor amd athlon 64x2 dualcore processor 4200+ (2cpus) 2.2ghz
i have direct x 11
more i couldn't find ( i have no idea how to).

Well I have a Radeon HD 4670 so it definantly isnt the make of the display driver (although someone did post here that ATI cards have been known to run older games slower :modding) My game however runs smoothly :shrug

To install the mods you WILL need to install outside of PROGRAM FILES though for it to work as Windows 7 security is like VISTA and if you dont the mods wont work propally :yes

What I suggest you do is search google for radeon hd 3800 and older games

well all my other games run smootly and on my fathers pc the game with mods works smooth ( he also has the same card as you) in program files so i don't think thats the problem but i'll try

EDIT: o and i have this card for a while and normaly it works fine with potc

You tried with XP (service pack 2) compatability mode, what about XP (service pack 3)? :?

Im just throwing out suggestions now, I dont really know what is wrong :(

I've amended cargo capacity for the bark and barque type ships (yes, the spelling differences do mean different ships altogether)

English barks including the jackass-bark used in the Bartolomeu campaign have 1200 capacity, from 975.

Contenintal trading barques and Barque Longue type have 1500 for the former and 1800 for the latter.

This will make the bark have greater endurance (Bark Endeavour was a historical exploration ship after all), and the continental types coveted for trading runs. This doesn't affect game balance or realism as our barque models do have very much wider hulls (and thus cargo holds) than many ships of similar size. See the 'field modifications / interim fixes' thread on this forum for more details.

Back