• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Looks good to me; I like it!

Did the damaged Black Pearl work in the game yet? She doesn't, right? :facepalm

She has no locators AT ALL, actually.
dunno.gif

Unless any one has any objections, it looks like I'm done with the damaged PEarl until Armada can help me with that one part I mentioned a few posts ago.

[attachment=7728:Fullscreen capture 1212011 32410 AM.jpg] [attachment=7727:Fullscreen capture 1212011 32423 AM.jpg] [attachment=7726:Fullscreen capture 1212011 32454 AM.jpg [attachment=7725:Fullscreen capture 1212011 32444 AM.jpg]

Not too sure about the holes in the sides, they look more like scars than cannon ball holes. I started using the Wicked Wench last night, she looks grand. The only thing is, on the wench the path model shows up, has there been a fix for that by any chance please. and once I started using her, the game wouldn't let me save, it kept erasing the profile I'd made, any suggestions chaps?

Well you realize I can't make ACTUAL holes, right?
dunno.gif
But I can try better to simulate it. Let me see what I can do . . .

Bonjourmonami, do you have that blank.tga.tx file in your RESOURCE\Textures\Ships folder? See here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__1100__p__412207#entry412207

The profile thing shouldn't be related to the ship model; seems to happen randomly, but a lot less than it used to.
You can try to remove the "options" file from your main game folder and see if that helps for a while?

Bonjourmonami, do you have that blank.tga.tx file in your RESOURCE\Textures\Ships folder? See here: http://forum.pirates...207#entry412207

The profile thing shouldn't be related to the ship model; seems to happen randomly, but a lot less than it used to.
You can try to remove the "options" file from your main game folder and see if that helps for a while?

Indeed. Both of these helped me.
me.gif

Crap. I DID forget to include that Blank.tga file in my updates.
mybad.gif

Sorry Bonjourmonami, my bad.

Wouldn't all I have to do is copy the locators from the Black Pearl for the Damaged Pearl? I can do that.
keith.gif

Armada, for the damaged Pearl, can you make it so the UV map reads from the same bit of texture, but from theBlackPearl1.tga.tx instead of theBlackPearl.tga.tx?

I wanna lighten it and make it stand out more, but that same bit is used by the bow, and all the tables, and part of the cabin.

But that same bit isn't even used on theBlackPearl1.tga.tx, so could you please change it or tell me how to?
dunno.gif
I probably can't get it to use a different texture, because it's part of the hull component, and each component can only have one texture assigned.
I could, however, assign the UVs to an unused part of theBlackPearl.tga.

UGH. In TOOL it says "model cannot be read". Now what?
modding.gif
That's exactly the problem, and I don't know how to fix it yet. :facepalm

Armada, for the damaged Pearl, can you make it so the UV map reads from the same bit of texture, but from theBlackPearl1.tga.tx instead of theBlackPearl.tga.tx?

I wanna lighten it and make it stand out more, but that same bit is used by the bow, and all the tables, and part of the cabin.

But that same bit isn't even used on theBlackPearl1.tga.tx, so could you please change it or tell me how to?
dunno.gif
I probably can't get it to use a different texture, because it's part of the hull component, and each component can only have one texture assigned.
I could, however, assign the UVs to an unused part of theBlackPearl.tga.

Ok, do that. I'll do the rest.

Not too sure about the holes in the sides, they look more like scars than cannon ball holes.

I can't find any pics of wood or ships with cannon hole damage. Can you?
dunno.gif
All the damage I textured on came from fightdeck1.tga.tx.
I remember seeing some pics on Flickr of the Pearl with some damage. I'll check there, but this might be the best I can do.

Well that didn't help. lol
dunno.gif

Bonjourmonami, that's probably the best I can do unless you can find something better.

Not too sure about the holes in the sides, they look more like scars than cannon ball holes.

I can't find any pics of wood or ships with cannon hole damage. Can you?
dunno.gif
All the damage I textured on came from fightdeck1.tga.tx.
I remember seeing some pics on Flickr of the Pearl with some damage. I'll check there, but this might be the best I can do.
For ship damage textures, try using RESOURCE/Textures/blot.tga.tx as a reference. That's the recently improved texture which shows up on ships' hulls when they take damage from cannon fire.

Aye, aye, that's looking more realistic! :onya

make the damage to the outer planking smaller in relation to the hole size and it'll be spot on.
I think the outer planking would have little damage and the inside would bear that amount. Because if you think about it, when the shot goes through, it'll leave the exterior pretty much alone besides the hole because it is supported by the ribs and inner planks, whilst the inner planks would bear the brunt of it because it has no bracing to keep it stiff.

That's just my opinion of course. :mm

make the damage to the outer planking smaller in relation to the hole size and it'll be spot on.
I think the outer planking would have little damage and the inside would bear that amount. Because if you think about it, when the shot goes through, it'll leave the exterior pretty much alone besides the hole because it is supported by the ribs and inner planks, whilst the inner planks would bear the brunt of it because it has no bracing to keep it stiff.

That's just my opinion of course. :mm

I made the outer damage smaller. Are you sure I shouldn't have SOME external damage? I know a simple hole is more "realistic" but it doesn't look as cool. And how many holes should I stick the poor girl with anyway?

Due to the nature of the UV map, that's about as good as I can get the stern.
dunno.gif

All this for an unuseable model . . . lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif
I'm sure Armada or Pieter will figure it out and pull another rabbit out of their hat though.

My PotC modeling skills are severely limited. It'll have to be up to Armada, I'm afraid...

I wouldn't object to at least a bit of that cool damage Legendary Spider did; let's not do away with all of it. :wp

Back