• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Ok, here is my next release: BP updates_BP sails_Wicked Wench.7z

It contains texture updates for the Black Pearl, the 4 texture updates for the Black Pearl's sails, and the rebooted Wicked Wench. Also contains my copy of Ships_Init.C for coding purposes.

Armada, do you think I should make the Pearl's sails and hull match better, or do you think they're fine as is?

I'm so glazed over with perfectionism right now that I just can't decide. lol
rolleyes.gif

LS, your new patched sails look pretty much perfect now! And nice work merging the cursed sails! :cheers

Just don't go mad
Oh, that ship set sail long ago. lol
monkeydance.gif
:rofl

Armada, do you think I should make the Pearl's sails and hull match better, or do you think they're fine as is?

I'm so glazed over with perfectionism right now that I just can't decide. lol
rolleyes.gif
To my eyes, they look fine, so there's no need to tweak anything further. :no

Just don't go mad making yet another new hull texture as per Pieter's suggestion. Or, if you DO make one, I think it should remain as an optional extra.
Indeed. Don't forget... I actually did NOT ask for it! :razz
Is there any other work you still need to do/want to do that is important for the release of Beta 2?

Seconded. Don't make more work for yourself; looks fine for now. I'll comment again once I've loaded your new files in the game.

Alright then. It's eating at me, but I'll take your word for it.
danse1.gif

So I guess with that, the Black Pearl is finally 100% done. The Wicked Wench is 100% done. The Queen Anne's Revenge is 99% done. Just need to texture those spirals when you add the surfaces.

So now I gotta get the damaged Black Pearl done. I can take my time with the two Wicked Wenches since they'll e optional downloads and I guess won't be included in Beta 2.
I also have to get the Beta 2 video done. Plus round up some of the SFX you wanted for Beta 2.

I think that's it.

A silly question perhaps, but why is the resolution of the patched sails so high? I know I mentioned they looked fuzzy before, but that might have been just the screenshot.
Now they're literally 16 times larger than the other sails. For the sake of keeping the download size down, do you reckon we could resize them a bit without it looking too bad?

A silly question perhaps, but why is the resolution of the patched sails so high? I know I mentioned they looked fuzzy before, but that might have been just the screenshot.
Now they're literally 16 times larger than the other sails. For the sake of keeping the download size down, do you reckon we could resize them a bit without it looking too bad?

I think that was an accident. Oops.
oops3.gif
I'm sure you can fix that easy though.

If I am allowed to be really picky, please see attached pictures showing some points on the Wicked Wench's texture mapping that seem a bit off.
I'd imagine the sides of the gunports should be wood the same as the rest of the ports, the steps maybe should maybe blend in with their background colour or otherwise be brown and those vertical "things" seem to have the hull texture condensed on them... :?

Attachments

• WickedWench.jpg
    WickedWench.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 226
Bugger. Those anomalies didn't show up on the Pearl, so I didn't know they existed before. :modding

I'll leave it up to LS to decide if those details need correcting or not...

I've noticed that since day one. Actually, the Wicked Wench, Black Pearl, and Queen Anne's Revenge ALL have that same problem. It's just barely noticeable on the QAR, and almost completely unnoticeable on the Pearl, but sticks out like a sore thumb on the Wench. I have no idea how to fix that without messing up the appearance of the hull. this looks like a UV mapping issue to me.
dunno.gif

I've noticed that since day one. Actually, the Wicked Wench, Black Pearl, and Queen Anne's Revenge ALL have that same problem. It's just barely noticeable on the QAR, and almost completely unnoticeable on the Pearl, but sticks out like a sore thumb on the Wench. I have no idea how to fix that without messing up the appearance of the hull. this looks like a UV mapping issue to me.
dunno.gif
Indeed it's a UV problem. Do you want me to fix any of it, or is it good enough as is?

BTW, nice work on the sails! Bump mapping works like a charm on sail textures. :onya

Better fix it. We could probably sneak by without fixing the QAR, unless Pieter says otherwise. But it really sticks out on the Wicked Wench.

And thanks. Those flat cardboard sails on the Pearl and QAR have been pissing me off for a while. lol

I agree; no need to fuss about the Black Pearl or the Queen Anne's Revenge, but it does stand out on the Wicked Wench. :(

Armada, for the damaged Pearl, can you make it so the UV map reads from the same bit of texture, but from theBlackPearl1.tga.tx instead of theBlackPearl.tga.tx?

I wanna lighten it and make it stand out more, but that same bit is used by the bow, and all the tables, and part of the cabin.

But that same bit isn't even used on theBlackPearl1.tga.tx, so could you please change it or tell me how to?
dunno.gif

Fullscreen capture 11302011 30412 PM.jpg Fullscreen capture 11302011 31109 PM.jpg

Work on the damaged Pearl has begun. I have to be careful here. It will be so easy to get carried away . . . lol

Fullscreen capture 11302011 40500 PM.jpg

Unless any one has any objections, it looks like I'm done with the damaged PEarl until Armada can help me with that one part I mentioned a few posts ago.

Fullscreen capture 1212011 32410 AM.jpg Fullscreen capture 1212011 32423 AM.jpg Fullscreen capture 1212011 32454 AM.jpg7725.IPB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 1212011 32444 AM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 1212011 32444 AM.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 155
Back