• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Pieter called me cool, and Armada called me clever. I rule.
icon_mrgreen1.gif
They said so. lol

My PotC modeling skills are severely limited. It'll have to be up to Armada, I'm afraid...
Hehe, yeah. Wonderful... :urgh
I might have to seek expert advice if I can't figure out how to fix the ship. It's so weird for the export to go wrong like this.

Pieter called me cool, and Armada called me clever. I rule.
icon_mrgreen1.gif
They said so. lol
You're so full of yourself, I don't know how you can carry that big head on your shoulders. lol :slap

You're so full of yourself, I don't know how you can carry that big head on your shoulders. lol :slap

Lol. You know, it's funny you should say that. Because when I was born, my head was too big to fit, so I had to be cut out via C-section.
24.gif

Blah. I've been getting some footage from the game for the video, but I don't really feel like working on the game today. I think I'll go to Disneyland again. Pirates is finally open again!
icon_mrgreen1.gif
I uh . . . gotta do research . . . yeah research . . . . because Pieter suggested a Wicked Wench with the real WW's colors. So yeah, lots of research to do!
me.gif
lol

Doing this video is like filming a movie. You sit the free camera in a specific point in the ocean and sail the ship by for the shot and if you screw it up, you gotta circle the damn ship back around for another take.
urgh.gif
Plus battles have to go just a certain way, because they're not usable if they're lame. And sometimes I forget to turn off the HUD which ruins the shot. lol
I love the free camera, because it allows me to get some cinematic footage that the chase camera can't always get.
keith.gif

I know what you're talking about; that free camera is really cool, but I can imagine getting a shot can be a right pain. :facepalm

Research, eh? Well, have fun, mate! :rofl

I know what you're talking about; that free camera is really cool, but I can imagine getting a shot can be a right pain. :facepalm

Only bad thing about the camera is its too damn slow. It can barely keep up with the Pearl. And some strafing action would be nice. It'd be nice if it could raise and lower without tilting up and down. Oh well. I work with what I got.
keith.gif

Check it out! Amongst all of the pictures of Disneyland's Columbia (a full scale replica), I found a painting of the actual historical Columbia. I think this is the first non-Disneyland picture of the Columbia I've ever seen.
me.gif
The first U.S. vessel to sail around the world. At one point, she sailed into a river and they named the river after the ship.

P1040280.JPG

Wow, really? I've been gone for two days and no one posted anything? lol I really keep this thread alive.
razz.gif

Apparently nothing much happened then. Me, I've been caught up in some Dutch Christmas-type social stuff and haven't done much for PotC.
Won't do much today either.

With Armada's updated GM file for the decoration, the bow chaser locators have returned back to the original locations of the bow chasers.
We need one more model update made for the QAR, namely to remove the bow chasers from the model altogether and then move the locators down to the Greek Fire spots.
The locator-work for that doesn't need to be done again, since that's already included in http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/QARGreekFireUpdate.exe

Oops. I forgot about that. :eek:ops

Oh well, at least deleting two cannons and moving two locators is easy enough.
Which coordinates did you use for the flamethrowers, just for reference? I haven't tried the Greek Fire update yet.

If you just remove the two cannons, I can move the locators back where I put them. Alternatively, you should be able to read them from the GM file in the update I posted.
If you really want, I can extract the coordinates myself and post them here, but then I might as well do the locator-moving myself. :shrug

Well I was only asking because I have the hull locators written to a text file, which I can quickly apply to any model updates.
It would be convenient for me to change the coordinates in that file, so I don't have to adjust them again. That's just me being lazy, though. :razz

Cheers, mate! :cheers I'll sort out those cannons later, hopefully.

ARGH! Dammit! I modified the hull as intended, but now when I add the locators via TOOL, it loses the collision detection and BEEPS! :modding :modding :modding
It does this regardless of which locator file I use, and even if I add them one at a time.
There's some weird things going on here that are beyond my understanding. :(

Back