• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

what really makes the bell here are pictures from the Lego POTC BP

http://imageshack.us...580/clock2.png/
http://imageshack.us...694/clocks.png/

There we go.
me.gif
Where's the bell? lol hmmm. I guess just add a bell in there somewhere.
rolleyes.gif

Never mind, that's a shadow. lol Armada, give ours a bell, would you? What's a belfry without a bell?
dunno.gif

So now we're using the Lego game for reference. Whatever next? xD:
Yes, I'll add the bell to the belfry.

Shush. The Lego game is awesome.
icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I took out the lines and added more grime. What do you think now? Are you sure there aren't too many holes? It's bugging the crap out of me. I don't want the Revenge looking like the cursed Pearl.

[attachment=7117:moddingNGINE 2011-09-07 09-52-56-01.jpg] [attachment=7118:moddingNGINE 2011-09-07 09-53-10-28.jpg] [attachment=7119:moddingNGINE 2011-09-07 09-54-35-79.jpg]

Damn. I think it might need more grime. Such a pain in my ass. lol
whippa.gif
I'll get it right if it kills me.

At least someone appreciates me. lol
rolleyes.gif

Once me and Armada are done with these ships, it will be rewarding to hear what the players think of the finished products. We're gonna have a totally movie-accurate Black Pearl, and a Queen Anne's Revenge who's textures are 95% photographs of the actual ship used in the movie.
me.gif

who they want to make photos of ships I kan whom they need what?
http://imageshack.us/f/585/201109071922031368x668.png/

sketchup yes I had already exported file to an obj
http://imageshack.us/f/580/legopirates201108071656.png/
and here for more datil

Those sails look almost identical to the film ones! Don't fuss over them too much mate, I'd say they're good enough as they are now. :doff

I was about to try and steal the belfry from the Poseidon model, but yours looks brilliant Webstarmaier!
Can you upload the OBJ file somewhere and post the link? I'd be happy to try it out on the Pearl.
One small error though, that's not where the bell should go. It goes on the beam below it, but I'll fix that for the Pearl.

Sweet. I guess Maya isn't our only modeling program now. I've been trying out Sketchup, it's not too hard to pick up.
danse1.gif

To Armada:

The problem was more that the camera kept going through the deck and therefore was too LOW.
I didn't remove the Patch 6 camera height adjustment yet, so that shouldn't be the reason either.
(BTW: Can you post the original code again? I had better restore that in my game as well but am too busy to search. :facepalm )

For the different sails, just set two different sails for these two lines like this, for example (from the "Santiago"):
Code:
	refShip.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "sail_whole_red_plain.tga";
refShip.EmblemedSails.nationFileName = "sail_whole_red_pirate6.tga";

Those sails look almost identical to the film ones! Don't fuss over them too much mate, I'd say they're good enough as they are now. :doff

But I MUST fuss . . it's what I do. lol
razz.gif

If I didn't fuss, these models wouldn't be turning out as good as they are. You know what a psycho for detail I am. Combine that with the fact that the Pearl is my favorite ship and my Photoshop skills and that pretty much makes me the best person to texture these ships.
icon_wink.gif

Maybe what's bugging me about the sails is that they all look the same. I need another texture in there to mix things up.

chill out legendary_spider
the ships are looking greate anyway
youve done a GREATE job
just get rest :sail but before plese upload the new textures :urgh :onya
GREATE job anyway

Sweet. I guess Maya isn't our only modeling program now. I've been trying out Sketchup, it's not too hard to pick up.
danse1.gif
Hehe... modelling is the easy part. You can use any program for that.
The hard part comes with Maya, when you have to deal with normals, vertex normals, smoothing, UV mapping, materials, scaling, render stats etc etc for the export process...
Not to scare you or anything. :wp

BTW, I've got the Pearl's belfry fitted now, and I'll upload the model ASAP.

EDIT: Here's the updated hull with belfry. I've also remapped the helm so you can work on the texture properly: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/BlackPearl_BMA_v1.1.7z
The model now uses two more textures than before, but you should already have them in your Textures/Ships folder.

The problem was more that the camera kept going through the deck and therefore was too LOW.
Ah, that's what it may seem like, but actually I think the camera was too HIGH, because you were meant to be on the lower deck, but the global adjustment moved it into the deck above.
After a quick search, I can't find what the original numbers were in AICameras.c. I'll have another look tomorrow. :facepalm

For the different sails, just set two different sails for these two lines like this, for example (from the "Santiago"):
Code:
	refShip.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "sail_whole_red_plain.tga";
refShip.EmblemedSails.nationFileName = "sail_whole_red_pirate6.tga";
Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was something along those lines. :doff

Here are two AICameras.c. The one on the left is from a patch7 install and has already been reset to stock. The one on the right is a pure dog stock AICameras.c.

Back