• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

I've had to make a new island; the Character patch was too problematic. I started from scratch and now there are two areas in this island I will use for the quest.

Attachments

• island(1).jpg
    island(1).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 100
  • island(2).jpg
    island(2).jpg
    116 KB · Views: 108
  • island(3).jpg
    island(3).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 105
The island is a bit squarish but I smoothed the edges at its maximum.. The most important is the character patch now works well.

Next month, I will release a quest for this main quest. It's the Aztec treasure quest but Bartolomeu' side (Pieter has got it but for the Assassin Main Quest ). There will be some new parts like the Vera Cruz fort infiltration at night.

Nice. I don't remember if I actually tested the full part of the Aztec stuff in the Assassin quest yet...

Next month, I will release a quest for this main quest. It's the Aztec treasure quest but Bartolomeu' side (Pieter has got it but for the Assassin Main Quest ). There will be some new parts like the Vera Cruz fort infiltration at night.
Quest delayed for this month. However, the good news is I did the short-cut for the storyline as I did for the Assassin Main Quest in the past. Just need the cheat-mode on and choose the quest talking to the French farmer you see in Port-au-Prince at the beginning of the main quest.

For the Cartagena quest, I 'd like a Spanish ship with 40-50 cannons (but with a modern design compared to a galleon) and I found a solution. A modified Sirius1 could be the right model. Seeing Yo ho ho made the ship, I'll send a PM to know if he can do the work.

Btw: This ship will be moored in the Cartagena port and will be stolen by Bartolomeu at the end of the quest.

Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 84
You had me doing a guessing game with your comment in the other thread. I was thinking a lineship or East Indiaman. The Siruis1 is a surprise! :shock: Have you sailed her? It is probably the worst detailed ship in the game with 2d hand rails and wooden cannons. :shock

On the other hand, if you could get Yo ho Ho to update her...... :2up

It is probably the worst detailed ship in the game with 2d hand rails and wooden cannons. :shock
Doesn't she also have bad ropes in some places, or was that a similar ship?
Anyway, the 'wooden' guns are down to a texture mismatch. HEX-editing it to a different one will solve that.
But as you said, a complete renovation is probably just what it needs. :woot

Bad ropes? Most ships have bad ropes, so how would I know? I only sailed it once a year or so ago, got grossed out and haven't touched it since.

Well I seem to remember hearing something about bad ropes on the Sirius or Batavia models in particular... :shrug
I don't blame you for steering clear of it, though. In its current state, it's very low down the quality rankings. :eww

At the moment, I didn't receive any messages from Yo ho ho. However, an improved version of this ship is still my choice for the quest. :yes

An improvement would be welcome anyway! Anything to up the standard of a low-quality ship! :woot
If you don't get a reply after a while, I'd recommend you try a different modeller. I haven't seen Yo ho ho around for ages.

I finished the Aztec treasure quest (Bartolomeu' side). I still need to test it, so before Saturday I could upload my new update. Afterwards, I will focus my work on the Cartagena quest (for both main quests). However, I will need many months for finishing this quest seeing it requires a lot of resources.

By the way, Pieter, I need you put an island between Conceicao and Douwesen. This island should use the Isla muelle model. The Cartagena town will take place on that island. However, the island will only appear when the player plays the quest. So, it should work like the Isla Muerte system.

Back