• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Thanks Pieter, that's better..

Include in your next version of your file, Montbars and Roxanne temporarily immortal only during the Battle of Aguadilla...
+ LAi_SetWarriorType for the Fort Captain...
+ Talisman's fix for Governor if not already included in the files..

About the character models change for Bartolomeu in the fort, until we find a better solution for this, we can use your solution :yes .. I prefer a fix not perfect than nothing :shrug
About the questbook, try to fix as you said in the post 772 otherwise add a delay function as Talisman told...

Btw: Some work for you Pieter, but I need your help... :? Fortunately, I worked on my main quests these last months because I don't know how I could do that now.. :modding

Include in your next version of your file, Montbars and Roxanne temporarily immortal only during the Battle of Aguadilla...
Could you possibly do that? Pretty please...? :?

+ LAi_SetWarriorType for the Fort Captain...
+ Talisman's fix for Governor if not already included in the files..
These are included. :yes

About the character models change for Bartolomeu in the fort, until we find a better solution for this, we can use your solution :yes .. I prefer a fix not perfect than nothing :shrug
Haha! Don't we all? :rofl
I'll see if I can somehow trigger the change of uniform when you step in front of the door; that'd look better.

About the questbook, try to fix as you said in the post 772 otherwise add a delay function as Talisman told...
Doing it as I posted is easy enough; I'll take care of that, but I want an answer from people on the availability of the other tabs.

Btw: Some work for you Pieter, but I need your help... :? Fortunately, I worked on my main quests these last months because I don't know how I could do that now.. :modding
I'll do what I can on the uniform change and questbook issue... :?

Then Fontaines talks & leaves – then Roxanne talks & leaves – QB Update
( too many people generated in Tortuga Port can stop Ogeron, Fontaines & Roxanne appearing on Jetty – if this happens go back and try again.)
Not fixed.
There is a function that remove temporarily people in the town.. Add it in your fix...
Sail to St Pierre, Maritnique – go to tavern - talk to Gaetan Andrieux – Movie – talk to Gaetan Andrieux again.
(BUG Beta 1 patch 1 - Esteban not appearing - see Ambitious Project thread in Bartolomeu Storyline Forum POST 742)
Not fixed.
I will fix this one before the end of this week. :yes
Now I seem to have managed to get myself into a quest loop. After rescuing Roxanne from the fort and joining with Johan Elting,
I went back to the fort, where Johan Elting started his in-jail talk again, this time outside the fort.
Not fixed.

Not a systematic bug.. Right ? we can forget for now this one...

our crew isn't coded as being YOUR crew. Therefore, if you accidentally hit them, they'll get angry and start fighting back.
Not yet fixed.

Not a systematic bug.. Right ? we can forget for now this one...

Thanks very much. No rush. :doff

( too many people generated in Tortuga Port can stop Ogeron, Fontaines & Roxanne appearing on Jetty – if this happens go back and try again.)
Could you...? I'd have to search for where to add and remove the vcskip attribute and you'd probably be able to find it quite quickly...

Now I seem to have managed to get myself into a quest loop. After rescuing Roxanne from the fort and joining with Johan Elting,
I went back to the fort, where Johan Elting started his in-jail talk again, this time outside the fort.
Agreed. :yes

our crew isn't coded as being YOUR crew. Therefore, if you accidentally hit them, they'll get angry and start fighting back.
Actually, I reckon this one is pretty bad, because it's very easy to accidentally hit your "friends". :modding

Another thought,
it's not a bug but an improvement. When we fight the Pedro Rivera's men on Boca de Hubon (when he steals the 'Santiago') I would like to see the ship moving as it happens for the ones in a Port. Can you check that ? :?

Thanks very much. No rush. :doff

Could you...? I'd have to search for where to add and remove the vcskip attribute and you'd probably be able to find it quite quickly...
I'll do it. :yes if you want...

Just add the .sailaway attribute to the character captaining the ship at that point before the location reload. :doff

Doing it as I posted is easy enough; I'll take care of that, but I want an answer from people on the availability of the other tabs.
Just did this. In my game files, the questbook will now always be available, even when the danger icon IS flashing.
I didn't enable the other disabled interfaces yet, but if anybody wants me to, I can do that as well.

Those ActorAttacks are really quite annoying, because the NPC attacking you is not set as your enemy.
Therefore, if there is somebody near who IS your enemy, your sword thrusts keep moving to him instead.
I found that when corned by Enrique Padilla.

Anyway, this works:
Code:
    	case "dentro_forte":
AddQuestRecord("Hunter", "9");			
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Fort Captain"), "Fort_Keys");
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Quest_FortVRight", "goto", "goto80", "");				
LAi_SetCheckMinHP(Pchar, LAi_GetCharacterHP(Pchar)-1.0, true, "atacasoldatos");

Pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l1 = "item";
Pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l1.item = "Fort_Keys";
Pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l2 = "locator";
pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l2.location = "Quest_FortVRight";
pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l2.locator_group = "reload";
pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition.l2.locator = "reload2";
Pchar.quest.open_fortjailbis.win_condition = "open_fortjailbis";
break;

case "atacasoldatos":
PlaySound("Ambient\Sea\bell8_0400_0800_1200.wav");
LAi_group_FightGroups("FORTV_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, true);
LAi_RemoveCheckMinHP(Pchar);
LAi_SetImmortal(Pchar, false);
break;

case "open_fortjailbis":		
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), "Quest_Fort_prison", "goto", "goto9");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Roxanne Lalliere")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_92";		 
Locations[FindLocation("Quest_FortVRight")].reload.l3.disable = 0;
//	Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1 = "location";
//	Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1.location = "Quest_Fort_prison";
//	Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition = "mudar_roupa";
//	LAi_ActorWaitDialog(characterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), pchar); // Cap'n Cook

SetModelfromArray(&pchar, GetModelIndex("GypsyCaptn_5"));			
break;
The model change now takes place as soon as you step in front of the door to the jail.
The outcommented code isn't required. What was case "mudar_roupa" originally for? :?
Code:
        case "mudar_roupa":
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");   
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");   
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");
break;

I'd also suggest replacing this:
Code:
		case "explose_mansion":		
CreateParticleSystemX("blast_inv", -35.536, 0.00, 3.5, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("cancloud", -35.536, 1.00, 3.5, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);			
CreateParticleSystemX("blast_inv", -33.987, 0.00, -2.8622, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("cancloud", -33.987, 1.00, -2.8622, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);
CreateParticleSystemX("blast_inv", -35.434, 0.00, 10.042, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("cancloud", -35.434, 1.00, 10.042, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);
With this:
Code:
		case "explose_mansion":		
CreateParticleSystemX("blast", -35.536, 0.00, 3.5, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("fort_fire", -35.536, 1.00, 3.5, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);			
CreateParticleSystemX("blast", -33.987, 0.00, -2.8622, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("fort_fire", -33.987, 1.00, -2.8622, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);
CreateParticleSystemX("blast", -35.434, 0.00, 10.042, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);	
CreateParticleSystemX("fort_fire", -35.434, 1.00, 10.042, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,20);
Instead of white clouds, this'll use the same explosion graphics as when you throw a grenade at a character.
I reckon it looks more spectacular. You can use the same code elsewhere you need an explosion, such as the Battle of Aguadilla.

Pieter,
I have no issues with the character model changing when entering the jail to get Roxanne, the one line I added and it all works dialogue included.
The only difference I see with my game is that I changed the basis Bartolomeu model ealier to a darker version gypsycaptain_5_A3 not the original orange one. I have tried with both killing Elting and having him as an officer/companion. Both work fine.

I do agree that making the Jail commander fight is a good one.

With your change as follows the character model changes as after you take the keys to the prison from the fort commander but I am no longer able to talk to Roxanne and cannot progress:
Code:
       case "open_fortjailbis":                 
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), "Quest_Fort_prison", "goto", "goto9"); 
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Roxanne Lalliere")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_92";            
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1 = "location"; 
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1.location = "Quest_Fort_prison"; 
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition = "mudar_roupa"; 
//      LAi_ActorWaitDialog(characterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), pchar); // Cap'n Cook 

break;
Changing it to include the line I had previously (as follows) all works again with Roxanne and I can progress.
Code:
    case "open_fortjailbis":                 
LAi_ActorWaitDialog(characterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), pchar);  // Cap'n Cook 
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1 = "location"; 
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1.location = "Quest_Fort_prison"; 
//      Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition = "mudar_roupa"; 

break;
Hope this helps.

That is REALLY weird. I tested with that code I posted and it works.
I suppose it can't hurt to add that line of yours, because that does also work,
but when I tried without, it also worked for me. :wacko:

Before you added my earlier-model-change code, did it work for you?
Because when I added your line, Roxanne would still be cowering in fear because the model-change was too late.
Did you ever see Roxanne cowering in fear and was that the reason you couldn't talk to her?
Or was she not cowering, but wouldn't talk anyway?

Anyway, I'm sticking your line back in since it can't hurt.

Pieter,
The only thing that did not work when for me in Beta 1 Patch 1 was the roxanne dialogue - the character model changed on entering the prison from the fort and then when I got to Roxanne in her cell she didn't talk as she was supposed to. I added the delay to her dialogue and all was good. I didn't have any issues with Elting's dialogue either.
This has got me a bit confused. Particularly since Bartolomeu said he tested the quest code and had it working prior to giving it to everyone. Possibly there are minor differences in our installations - I know I change a few things to suit myself and with all the options for the overall gameplay - there may be some unknown effects happening. Also, sometimes I change things just to keep going but occaisionally forget exactly what I have changed.

If you forget what you changed, WinMerge can remind you. Do you use that? I can recommend it. :yes

If I understand correctly, you never got Roxanne cowering, right?
When I did my testing, I did it based on the exact Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 1 files
and I think I added the fixes posted in this thread as I encountered the bugs.
That was when I ran into the "Roxanne cowering" problem though.

No, I don't believe that I ever had Roxanne cowering at all.
Just tried it again with the original code and same again - Character model changes and Roxanne stands but does not speak.

I do have WinMerge but don't use it very often. The changes I make are more tweaking for gameplay the way I like it - not code changes as such.
I to have use the Beta 1 Patch 1 original plus the changes noted in here -

I did change the Roxanne and Monty Character.ini files to give them silver armour, a better sword and gun so they didn't die as easily, instead of the way given by Taklisman (I think) in this thread. I also tried to find out how to change the Character files to be able to loot Monty's body when I killed him on Cayman - if he has some good things - I want them (you keep what you kill - Ha Ha ) but also I wanted to be able to exchange items with them - particularly Roxanne - solves the problem of them dying quickly (without giving them Items at the start) and you can improve their stats a bit with items.

The cowering happens because if you've got the "camouflage" outfit, everybody hates you and wants to fight you.
Except for characters without weapons, who will either run or cower (if they can't run).
I wonder if it's possible that you wouldn't get the cowering, but I would, because of the speed of our computers?
I just got a new one, so would it be possible that in my case,
the game code is executed a bit more quickly so that the model-change upon entering the location is no longer in time to prevent the cowering?
That's the only explanation I can think of, but am not at all sure if it's even possible. :wacko:

The cowering happens because if you've got the "camouflage" outfit, everybody hates you and wants to fight you.
Except for characters without weapons, who will either run or cower (if they can't run).
I wonder if it's possible that you wouldn't get the cowering, but I would, because of the speed of our computers?
I just got a new one, so would it be possible that in my case,
the game code is executed a bit more quickly so that the model-change upon entering the location is no longer in time to prevent the cowering?
That's the only explanation I can think of, but am not at all sure if it's even possible. :wacko:

Funny, I was thinking that the speed of the computers and possibly other programms running may affect how the quests play out as well. Mine is relatively fast as it is geared up for CAD use (I do generally have a lot of other programs running though) and your's being new may be the difference as well - I suppose it really is up to Bartolomeu 's PC - if his is a bit slower may be the answer why it worked for him during testing and not us.

Anyway I have attached the updated dialogue files for the storyline - these incorporate more changes by me and Bartolomeu's changes/fixes as well.
These replace all the files in the folder Storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs\english.
These should go in the next patch.

Attachments

• Bartolomeu storyline.7z
    63.3 KB · Views: 65
case "open_fortjailbis":
LAi_ActorWaitDialog(characterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), pchar); // Cap'n Cook
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");

break;

The mudar_roupa allows to remove temporarily the Roxanne's weapons when she's in the jail so include the code as I did above ...

About the explosions.. Alright, we can do as you did :yes (include also this change in your files)

To Cap'n Cook :

Thanks, I'll check your last update :doff

About my computer, I've got an Athlon 2600+, 1.5 go Ram and a Radeon 9600 pro with 256mo....

Back