• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Updating the Russian Translation

Can you upload a savegame from before you talk to the governor? I want to try this, with some code added to unlock the door so you can leave and change outfit, then re-enter and try again. If you try a second time with the wrong outfit, the door won't unlock, the Dutch sergeant will attack you and he'll be immortal so you can't win and you can't escape.

Also, the first screenshot shows that you have a choice of two answers - what is the second?

Can you upload a savegame from before you talk to the governor? I want to try this, with some code added to unlock the door so you can leave and change outfit, then re-enter and try again. If you try a second time with the wrong outfit, the door won't unlock, the Dutch sergeant will attack you and he'll be immortal so you can't win and you can't escape.

Also, the first screenshot shows that you have a choice of two answers - what is the second?
The second option is that I'm already leaving.

Attachments

• -=Тест1=- Кюрасао.7z
    613 KB · Views: 1
After arriving from the ship, I can also change my appearance, but the governor will not suspect anything.
Also "Carlos Ardenta" is not translated.

Attachments

• 1715713843265.png
    1715713843265.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 3
Try these versions of "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Hans Kloss_dialog.c" and "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\quests\quests_reaction.c". If the governor has recognised you without the uniform, the door will unlock so you can go out and change outfit. If you're stupid enough to go in again without the uniform, the governor still says the same because I've yet to write more dialog, but this time the door doesn't unlock and the sergeant, now immortal, will attack you. There's also a correction to allow "Carlos Ardenta" to be translated - the name is assigned in two pieces of quest code and only one of them translated it.

The governor's detection isn't foolproof. Generally the game doesn't care about outfits - you can go into a French town wearing a British uniform and nobody will take any notice. So this was just a bit of fun in case someone didn't like the uniform and decided to choose a different outfit immediately after arriving. Maybe the governor, having previously seen you in uniform, now recognises your face and thinks you're still a genuine officer who for some reason has decided to change into civilian clothes.

But I will want to add some more dialog for the governor. Partly if he's told you to get out for not wearing a uniform, then you return still without the uniform, so he should now order the sergeant to attack. And partly because later on, there's another mission to Willemstad where you meet the governor again and he thinks you look a bit familiar because you look like the soldier he met during the convoy mission. If you weren't in uniform the first time you visited him during the convoy mission, the conversation in the next mission will be different - fortunately you have the governor's son to back you up and assure the governor that everything is fine.

Attachments

• Hans Kloss_dialog.c
    6.4 KB · Views: 1
  • quests_reaction.c
    689 KB · Views: 2
Back