• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Your biggest treasure haul

mobucks

Landlubber
WOw i just hit the jackpot i thought it'd be fun to post some numbers you guys get anyway heres mine

my 2 frigates robbed 8 ships and kept 2 MOWs for a total of 6840 silver and 3022 gold sold for a total of 3,582,969 plus the ~200k i got for selling one of the MOWs.

Most of that money is already spent upgrading my MOW hot damn!

Anyway im compelled to keep recording big jackpots i wanna see if it gets better than this... it has to. This wasnt even a treasure fleet just a random merchant convoy.

in my current game i had the "luck" of being attacked by two pirate ships in my new schooner.
pirate ships where a sloop and ...don´t remember the second.

anyway, i managed to board both ships and was suprised that they had gold on board.
sold it in the next harbor for 700.000 cash :onya
it may not be as much as your jackpot, but as i had a hard time keeping
my cash over 10.000 this was a real jackpot for me :cheers

Hmm.

Well, I got about 3K Gold off a Trade Convoy (from 3 ships) and i was about to fill my other Ships (Man-of-War) with the other 2 ships, se if they had any gold too, and they did!
Both together had a combined 2.8K of Gold. Sadly my Man-of-War was sunk at the end.

It seems as if the person i put in charge cant even sail the darn ship! Or defend itself.
And the person i put in charge has everything. - 100 Of every skill, all Ship abilitys.
Luckily he saved himself on a lifeboat so he could be rescued! =P

I managed to find the Golden Fleet yesterday.
Them:-5 warships
-4 galleons
-1 heavy galleon
Us: -fully upgraded frigate
-fully upgraded corvette
-the Sea Wolf.
I was able to sink the warships in no time 3broadsides each, then boarded the galleons-kept 2 of them then boarded the heavy galleon.
It was a hell of a fight I had to transfer crew before I could board them galleons and I lost a mast doing only 0.6 knots before the final boarding.(I destroyed his totally :urgh )
The loot as far as I remember around 2400gold and 1200silver plus 2 galleons I made around 1million piasters, I badly needed that I had only 2million plus 500k in port of spain. :cheers

P.S: I think I don't have to tell you that keeping and delivering the loot safely to a port was harder than getting it....those damn pirates( :wp ) and spanish punitive forces and storms and...

What about on land, mates? :keith

Fred Bob found him 45,000 in treasure in ol' Peter Steyvesant's chest! :dance Not bad! :onya

:woot
What about on land, mates? :keith

Fred Bob found him 45,000 in treasure in ol' Peter Steyvesant's chest! :dance Not bad! :onya
:bow

Didn't have the balls to sack towns yet...

No towne sackin' tried here yet either,matey! :facepalm

'Twas only a chest in Peter's Residence during de Kill de Beggars quest! :drunk
:no didn't start that one either...I rejected that Oliver fella though I am not into killin' beggars and poors but the richest and proudest merchants :yes

my biggest haul was looting Port Royal.
i went there with 2 soleyru and 3 manowars.
I fully loaded all 5 ships with gold and silver, and throw away all amno, weapons and rum but still couldnt carry all. I remember going back there after to loot 2nd time and 3rd time to empty the stores. how many piastiers? count yourself. xD:

Indeed that is a very n ice profit and a very empty Port Royal.

I have been moving and have not long set my computer back up, anyway i stopped playing COAS for a while and was playing Stronghold 2 (another addictive game). I can't remember what my biggest haul was when i did play but last night i was on my way to Nevis with some corgo from Port Royal via the store owners request, when i saw an English ship been attacked by a Pirate so i stopped by as i often did in POTC to watch and grab any corgo left after the battles had finished, when the 1st person sailing loaded it wasn't English but Spanish ships under attack by the loan Pirate ship colonial schooner (spelling) i was obviously flying the English flag so the spanish and the Pirate ship firsed a few shots at me, i was lucky not to be to close and was missed by 90% of the shots fired, the Spanish had 2 Gallons, 1 Flaut and 1 Schooner, to my right the Pirate ship was attacking both the Flaut and one of the Galleons and to my left was the other galleon with the Schooner a few yards ahead of it. I was in the Colonial Schooner so with the wind favouring me i sailed straight for the Galleon and fired grape shots at it the Spainish Schooner didn't know which way to turn help the other ships out or attack me.

After a few broadsides of grapes on the Galleon i switched shot type to chain shots and began damaging the Schooner, i didn't want to sink any ships or take any of them apart from the Galleon which was no trying to sail away, it didn't take long to catch the Galleon but the Spainish Schooner had also followed and due to not enough sail damage it was able to keep a good speed going. I captured the Galleon and swapped ships and set a officer in charge of the Schooner, to my amazment i could see in the far distance a English ship i checked it out and it was a Sloop my Colonial Schooner officer was ordered to protect me and we tried to sail away from the battle firing chain shots in the hope to damage the Spainish Schooner's sails more, but with bad stats we wasn't hitting much.

The officer in charge of the Colonial Schooner was annoying me because he kept stopping and this ment i couldn't go back to the world map, so in the end i took all cargo off his ship and left him lol, i arrived at Nevis and sold all the cargo i had on the Galleon, 1000 silver helped out here and gave me 229,000 to play with, that was only my second sea battle i had only just started playing and already i had my hero's level up to level 7 and was able to hire officer's for each role which drastically changed my cannon load times and aiming etc.

I now have 2 Galleon to my name and will be doing trade routes for store owner's and maybe one day i will once again help out in a battle hopefully one that is friendly to me next time.

Back