• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP [WIP] Modded Broadside FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
test1e.jpg

Still need to figure out how to make it more intense, by balancing EnbSeries and by modding the mesh itself.

EDIT: Re-modified a bit.
test2vw.jpg

Is there any lag? Especially with a MOW, the smoke from the guns can be quite thick, and if you have several ships in the fight; it could be overwhelming. :mm

So, I changed the mesh a bit to be more thick, and I've added a secondary effect, as a muzzle exhaust when the cannons are fired, this should be seen coming right out from the cannon's mouth. On a second note, I've changed EnbSeries for Age of Pirates aswell, lets say 'adapted' since I'm not the creator of EnbSeries.

The current version lags a lot, probably because of the engine, and because it cannot support modern-day ( :shrug ) shaders and open vertex shaders. I've tried my best, in a battle the game is near to 12 FPS, firing alone is from 25 > 30 FPS.
And right, I've forced AA/AF from my Catalyst Control Center to go around the ugly aliasing, and by that, I've made a bloom effect for the game aswell by using the .ini file of EnbSeries.

This is all.

PS: Right, I know that I screwed the flag of England. Not my fault. I swear. :modding
test52e.jpg

And when firing, I listened to this. ( Serious epicness )

I would also like to try it out, I think my system could probably handle it. I was also wondering how long your "smoke" stays around. I know it would be a huge performance drain but I can't help but wish for sea battles shrouded in powder smoke that stays around for minutes at a time

Thats a really sweat effect however lag is a probem, the 48Ibs cannons have smoke effects that are thicker and stay for a little longer than the lower calibures but this can cause lag. However on a single core Intel Pentiu, 4 3.0 Ghz i had little problem with lag. But my new system should easily be able to handal these new effects. Is their a way to make it so we can switch these effects on or stick with the stock effects then those who can't run the game with the more realistic effects are able to select the vanilla effects.

If the PotC Build Mod effects are anything to go on, it should be quite possible to make vast improvements to the effects without impacting the framerate overly much.
Even a LOT more particles can be handled by most computers, I reckon, unless the camera ends up in the middle of a clout of them.
That's what I noticed when messing around with particle effects in PotC in any case.

True, i have alway's wanted a more realistic cloud effect when firing a broadside, something i have alway's missed from POTC.

Considering this thread was last updated by it's creator in April, 2011, it's safe to assume that this mod is dead. Locking thread till futher notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back