• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Who plays sims 3?

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Who on here plays the sims 3? I have it and I get each expansion pack with the game on the PC :) plus, I have the original sims 3 on the ps3 :) This game is what I play whenever I'm not playing the build mod 14 :)

I have it and all current expansions. It's just so slow though surprisingly...takes a year just to load. And if I want to go abroad somewhere with the world adventures expansion? Jeez, it took 10-15 minutes just to load Egypt. Usually the game is only fun, if you are actually trying to achieve something. I've pretty much exhausted the game, so it gets gradually boring for me.

It usually only takes 3 minutes to start a new game for me, and that's the longest loading process I have to sit through, maybe someone needs a computer upgrade then...

Well I was over exaggerating :dance 5/6 minutes to load a game with lots in it and has gone on for half a year (sim time). Even more time to load a world adventures place. Apparently my graphics, gaming graphics and processor is rated 3.1, 4.6 and 4.7 respectively -_- (windows experience index: on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9) I'm on my laptop anyway, so in order to achive those scores, I need it plugged in and put on max performance settings as it is. I have another desktop computer which I use more often now, and the PC where I play the build mod. That has like a score of 6.5 for graphics and 6.5 for gaming graphics each and 5.7 for RAM (even though it only has 2GB and my laptop 3GB. Laptop: 5.5, Desktop: 5.7. Maybe my desktop has better cache memory, and is faster, with the desktop somehow and that gave it an extra 0.2. Anyway, the game would probably be a lot faster if I used my desktop, but I have it installed on my laptop, and can't be arsed moving the files to my desktop :urgh . Primarily because I don't have a memory device large enough to accommodate the game, and following expansions one by one :)

My ratings are all about 1.0 above yours, of course, I'm thinking of overclocking my processor too since it's only 2.2 GHz, so yeah, the sims 3 is a game you want some time to play, not just to jump on for 15 min- 30 min (Personally, I think that if you can play any game for only this amount of time at a time, then you clearly have not found a game you like...)

5.9 is a very good overall, my overall is about half a point lower....

My desktop has a base rating of 5.7 I think. Anyway, what are ALL your scores tommy and akella fan? Not just the base score, but all of the scores please :doff

Anyway, my dual core 2.4GHz processor is rated at 4.05 GHz apparently. That is mad :shock

I think those are my scores

wow, sounds like windows will need a new scoring system soon...

Nah, that scoring thing is goofy. The graphics card blows (measly GTX285), and I've only got 8GB of RAM. Most of the folks I know who got new machines a couple months after I did have 16GB. :woot This thing was already out of date before it was assembled. xD: Come November, it'll be two years old already.

I only have 4 GB RAM, can't afford crazy stuff like that... 252MB video card 2.2GHz processor and 320 GB HDD

Sorry, wasn't online when you asked the scores. Here they are: 7.0; 7.3; 6.8; 6.8; 5.9 :dance I'll update this in a week when I'll have a new computer :woot ! Specs: Core i7 720QM 1.6 GHz (4 cores); 8GB DDR3 RAM; GTS 360m (1GB GDDR5).
:piratesahoy!

dang, I wish i had stallion's and akella fan's computers, lol

I know what Stallion is doing.

"measly GTX285"

"I've only got 8GB of RAM"

You stole your rig from NASA. Confess. I do just fine, (and I'll probably do just as fine doing my college a-level work) with my 2GB of RAM, 2.4GHz intel dual core and my ATI radeon 2600 XT. This computer cost like £900 4 and a half years ago... :?

One of these days I'll get a computer that will get 7.9 on everything, eventually. But then there will be a new scoring system that will go to 9.9 no doubt. Depends how much good of a job I can get when I leave college. Maybe I might become a corporate fat cat that iz keepin teh bonus. :doff 8)

I spotted a really good computer, but I need , as Stallion would say, a "measly" £10,000 ($16275) ($15891 Candadian dollar)

Yes, I'm not rich enough :sad

wow, but still, any reasonable computer isn't expensive anymore.

Easy for you to say. In my case, anything is expensive to me and my dad in this house :yes

Probably take all my money in my bank account, £300 from some benefits and whatever else I might get along the way to buy a new computer in a year's time. But I have a trick up my sleve. I could be getting the seperate components at near enough wholesale price, thus saving me a fortune than having to buy one at retail. I don't know what the average mark ups for retailers selling computers are though from buying them wholesale. If someone honestly knows any mark up percentages, I'll be happy to know :onya

dang, I wish i had stallion's and akella fan's computers, lol

Be happy you don't have mine - the GTX 285 has been nothing but a giant pain in the ass. The driver is probably to blame, but I've got piles of games and media programs that BSOD the computer after running for a couple minutes. I'll never in a million years buy another Nvidia product. The driver coding is now done in India - they can't even be arsed to do that anymore!

Have you ever thought to update your driver then Stallion?

I would still happily have your computer though, even if it was broke though :)

Back