• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Uncharted Waters Online!

Underdogs thats where i got it, but now that this new one is coming out Koei might take it off the abandonware list so u better be quick about getting it

MMORPG only so...that rules me out. If I am stuck with devs doing the modding for me, I have no interest. Bummer as the girlies look really cute, though admittedly....I too am SICK TO FREAKING DEATH OF ANIME.

::cough::

Here's a link to download the original:

http://uwnh.freeservers.com/

Uncharted Waters New Horizons may be old, but it's still pretty cool. Koei hasn't seen fit to release all their OTHER UW games - I think this new one is either #5 or #6 - in any languages other than Japanese and I think Korean - so...

Whether they care that their little old UWNH from 1991 (I think) is out there as "abandonware" or not is an interesting question. I am guessing they don't really care as they've been making enough money off of their newer releases. <shrug>

i did like it. i have just started right after spaz told me to download it, and i already like it, even though im slightly confused. but i gotta learn the game sooner or later, so might as well be now! thankx spaz! :yes: :p3

I don't think it looks too cutesy. The title screenshot looks definitely cartoony, but once in game, except for that unnecessary little kid character (the token child character for all the pedophiles to get off to), they all look appropriate enough.

OMG! Spaz has a 100% authentic Buckaroo Banzai symbol on his siggy! How in the hecks did you find that?  
:p3 I saw it online, I took the pic off a shirt that was for sale :yes

:cheers SAT

well looks like i deleted the pic from my computer on accident and now i cant find it online maybe i can try to enlarge the pic...

<!--`QuoteBegin-Grumblepunk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grumblepunk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->MMORPG only so...that rules me out. If I am stuck with devs doing the modding for me, I have no interest. Bummer as the girlies look really cute, though admittedly....I too am SICK TO FREAKING DEATH OF ANIME.

::cough::

Here's a link to download the original:
http://uwnh.freeservers.com/[/quote]

Arrrr! Thankee thar, GP! :yes

Say, does ye know if'n dis game kin play on WinXP an' does ye need tew run in one o' dem compatibility modes? :cheers Be a tellin' ol' Fred Bob! :onya

You might have to use Dos Box to run UWNH on XP, Fred Bob... I have it and it works. I also have a dual boot system so I have Win98 on my second hard drive to play older games... Weird, but it works too!. :yes

Catalina,
I'm going to stray a little off topic from Uncharted Waters New Horizons, and ask you: with the set up that you have, with Windows 98 on your second hard drive, are you able to get the game Redguard to work?

One of the reasons I was so anxiously awaiting the release of Sea Dogs II was because when I got a computer with Windows XP my beloved Redguard game fell by the way of the Code, to quote Vassal, "Them that falls behind, gets left behind." I was hoping that the swordfighting in Sea Dogs II would be as good as it was in Redguard; it isn't, but the graphics are a big compensation.

If I keep talking about Redguard I'll get this so far off topic that we'll need the UWNH "auto sail" feature to get us back. I probably should start a new topic so I can elaborate on what I used to call a "Redguard Rampage."

To get back on topic, I am very pleased to report that my nephew, who, unlike his uncle did not grow up in a video game challenged world, reported to me that he had really enjoyed playing the copy of UWNH that I "lent" to him, in spite of the quality of the graphics. You can't keep a good game down! :)

Back