• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trade Overhaul v1.7

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
:shock Luke159 has done it again :bow

He has fixed the cannon resell bug. Seeing as the same file that needed to be fixed was a part of the Overhaul Trade Mod, he has asked me to upload it as Overhaul Trade Mod v1.7

:excl: BUT WAIT :excl:

:wp

Theres more!

He has also fixed the ship thubnail issues as well! :b: Those files are also included in the Overhaul Trade Mod v1.7

:excl: To install: :excl:
1. Install stock CoAS
2. Install Combined Modpack v3
3. Installed Combined Modpack v3 Patch 1
4. Install Trade Overhaul v1.7
5. Reinit the game through the Options menu

So without further ado

Trade Overhaul Mod 1.7 :treas

(Note: you may need to use the 're-init button' in the options menu...which can be seen below highlighted by the white box. You shouldnt have to create a new save)

Sail+Mode+1.JPG

Again, thanks to Luke159 who provided all these fixes! :mi

Your very welcome bud, this should now please everyone and hopefully that will fix the most common bugs people have been reporting and means people can injoy the game again. Quick note not all ship thumbnails have been fixed, it requires someone with the ability to use hex editor to fix those ships without imagies and thumbnails. Craiggo who did the last fixes is away i believe so till he gets back those ships will remain as they are but its not a game breaking issue, the main thing is the ships that originally had thumbnails now have them again. :dance

HEX Editor? I haven't the foggiest what that's got to do with thumbnails.
However, I CAN tell you that HEX editing is much simpler than the name suggests.
You just open a GM file with the HEX editor, see lots of nonsensical characters,
but ALSO the name of the texture file names used. Then you just change that. :shrug

Some random thoughts of mine:
- Could you put the "Reinit" text on that reinit button so people see what it's for?
- I'd recommend typing installation orders as a short list rather than a textual description:
To install:
1. Install stock CoAS
Reason: It's just quicker to understand.
I seem to have noticed that people don't like reading textual descriptions.
Truth be told, it's also hard to make thm read simple quick lists. :modding

Sweet! This one seems idiot-proof, which is no guarantee that I won't screw it up, but I'll give it a go anyway!

If I remember to, I'll try to figure out what HEX and thumbnails have in common and whether it's something I can work with. After I've had some sleep.

I'll also look into marking the reinit button as such. Should just be a matter of converting the associated .tx to .tga, adding the text with Gimp or Photoshop, and converting it back, yes?

HEX Editor? I haven't the foggiest what that's got to do with thumbnails.
However, I CAN tell you that HEX editing is much simpler than the name suggests.
You just open a GM file with the HEX editor, see lots of nonsensical characters,
but ALSO the name of the texture file names used. Then you just change that. :shrug

Some random thoughts of mine:
- Could you put the "Reinit" text on that reinit button so people see what it's for?
- I'd recommend typing installation orders as a short list rather than a textual description:
To install:
1. Install stock CoAS
Reason: It's just quicker to understand.
I seem to have noticed that people don't like reading textual descriptions.
Truth be told, it's also hard to make thm read simple quick lists. :modding
Good thinking. I have changed the read me and above post as well. I should have known better...

Well done gentlemen.

Again, I will try to get everything compiled together soon, get an updated .exe and .7z file of the complete mod made.

Cap'n Drow

Drow talking about an updated exe are you going to wait for the next patch to be uploaded first?

If you and OP don't think it'll be soon, I do it with what we have released. If you suggest I wait for patch 2, I can hold off for that good sir.

Cap'n Drow

If I remember to, I'll try to figure out what HEX and thumbnails have in common and whether it's something I can work with. After I've had some sleep.
If somebody can give me a clue of how to fix those thumbnails, maybe I can expand the explanation so you can figure it out. Seriously though, I have NOT THE FOGGIEST what thumbnails should have to do with HEX editing. The only thing we ever needed to HEX edit is models when repainting/reskinning them.

I'll also look into marking the reinit button as such. Should just be a matter of converting the associated .tx to .tga, adding the text with Gimp or Photoshop, and converting it back, yes?
I think it should be quite possible to add the text on top through code. :yes

I think it should be quite possible to add the text on top through code. :yes

My way sounds easier. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't even know where to start looking for what I would need to add to. I'll have a look.

We don't have an actual release date just yet. I'm currently testing the realistic ship purchase making sure there are no bugs, i hope to have that all finished soon. Everything else has been working great. Lets see what OP say's. :onya

Putting the text on through texture means you'll get a larger filesize. Doesn't matter so much if you do it for one button, but it does if you have to do it for lots at some point in the future.

Also you'd still need to find where the button texture is defined and replace only that instance to prevent all buttons from getting that text. And it'll look different from the other buttons.

Let me see if I can find the code that puts text on buttons in CoAS.

Here's an excerpt from RESOURCE\INI\interfaces\option_screen.ini:
Code:
[BTN_CANCEL]
bBreakCommand = 1
command	= deactivate,event:exitCancel
command = click,event:exitCancel
command = activate,event:exitCancel
command = leftstep,select:BTN_OK
command = upstep,select:BTN_CONTROLS_DEFAULT
command = downstep,select:GAMMA_SLIDE

position = 622,558,762,590
string = Cancel
glowoffset = 0,0
pressPictureOffset = 2,2
I think "string = Cancel" puts the text on the button. I strongly suspect that the new Reinit button was added to that same file, so all you'd then need to do is find the code for the on-screen button in there and add a line "string = Reinit" . I don't have the Combined Modpack V3 code myself, so I can't check for sure though.

Oh. Yeah. I took a look at that sometime Sunday. Guess I fell asleep or something before I saw your responses. Sorry about that. In any case, the text is there, and it should be displaying. It just isn't, for some reason. I haven't been able to figure out why.

Firebat, do you want me to lock the other trade overhaul topic so it doesnt get confused with this one? :?

Done ;)

For future updates I recommend just changing the topic title and placing a post saying that the open post has been updated with new download :yes

I would have changed the topic title...but modders don't have that ability....odd..
mind you i should have posted somewhere that the new mod was available...then linky it...must have slipped my mind

What you do to change the title is edit (on the first post) and then choose "use full editor" and the option to change the topic should be at the top ;)

If this isnt the case just say "can a moderator change the topic title to...." :yes

Back