• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trade Overhaul Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
:keith THE TRADE OVERHAUL MOD IS FINISHED! :sail
(AND THE BUGS HAVE BEEN FIXED)
Many thanks to Officerpuppy for his aid to get me started on this mod, through his trade mod, and slavery mod. OfficerPuppy's trade mod served as the backbone to create this mod. Special thanks to Luke159 for cleaning up the goods.h file, making it compatible with cmv3, and balancing the weights and costs of all the goods. All goods added have been either directly adjusted by Luke159, or, new goods weights and prices have been based on his adjustments. Thanks also to the rest of the staff and modders at PiratesAhoy.net for thier support. Without all these contributers, this mod would not have been possible,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Requirements:

You must have Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships installed. You also must have cmv2 and cmv3 installed.
How to Install:

Extract Files to the main Age of Pirates 2 folder. When asked to overwrite, choose 'yes' (Or copy and replace for vista users)
Purpose:

The purpose of this mod is to increase the historical accuracy of what colonies traded in the 17th century, while not taking away from the expierence of COAS.
Features:
This mod makes changes to the items imported and exported, as well as changes to the list of contraband items for each island.
This mod removes 'slaves' from the contraband list to increase historical accuracy
There have been 28 different tradable goods added to the original list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Issues:

This mod will not work without cmv3 being installed.

History:

Trade Overhaul Mod Alpha 0.1 <-Added a few new goods for trade.

Trade Overhaul Mod Beta 0.2 <-Corrected spelling errors. Luke159 made mod compatible with cmv3, balanced goods attributes, organized goods.h

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.0 <-Added many more goods for trade.

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.1 <-Fixed pitch icon not showing and Vinegar, Chilis, Millet descripitons not showing

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.2 <-Added fix for rats issues.

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.3 <-Fixed issues regarding "Fedex" mission, and picking up loot. Adjusted Consumpution rates closer to actual values.

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.4 <-Fixed typo in the code

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.5 <-Adjusted food consumption values

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.6 <-Luke159 adjusted the weights of all trade goods and cannons
Notes:
If you discover any bugs in this mod, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please provide me with a screen shot along with your error report.
If you have suggestions on how to improve this mod, please let me know.

Thank you for downloading this mod, and happy pirating!

Download the updated 1.6 here!!!

Great mod mate!

If you allowed me, I would suggest you added Saffron to the trade list ^^.

I'm pointing part of wikipedia's entry for saffron, which im sure you will find interesting, specially the last paragraph.
Saffron at wikipedia

Other relevant goods to trade would be Furs, Cumin, Maize, Peanuts, Fresh water (DOH! Will never know how akella didn't include this one... unless supossed to be part of the food rations, but personally I think it's best to lower the weight of the food, and include this one because a person last longer without food than without water... much longer)... Although none of these had the significancy and price of saffron (1kg of saffron was, and still is equal to 1kg of gold! Although it must be said, 1kg of saffron requires a big harvest, the little threads barely weight anything, so to get 1kg, you had to get almost a sack).

EDIT:

In my game the Millet doesn't show any description, bug?
And bermuda's shop doesn't show any goods to trade with, not even the ones im carrying in my ship! (I started a new game to test this).

EDIT2:

No shop will show up any item, all appear empty.

I have CMv3 installed over the vanilla version, btw.

unless supossed to be part of the food rations, but personally I think it's best to lower the weight of the food, and include this one because a person last longer without food than without water... much longer

only for explanation: in COAS rum is the equivalent for water
...and a problem in trading fresh water could be that water isn't that long "fresh"

Nice work FireBat! Well done mate! :cheers

I haven't had much of a chance to look over the mods for CoAS lately, mainly because of work, but I'll give it a look as soon as I get the chance.

EDIT:

And bermuda's shop doesn't show any goods to trade with, not even the ones im carrying in my ship! (I started a new game to test this).

If one shop shows the goods all shops should, every shop shares the same code.

EDIT2:

[/quote]

You saw them in one store but not another, i don't know how that can be. :shrug

Great mod mate!

I'm pointing part of wikipedia's entry for saffron, which im sure you will find interesting, specially the last paragraph.
Saffron at wikipedia

Other relevant goods to trade would be Furs, Cumin, Maize, Peanuts, Fresh water (DOH! Will never know how akella didn't include this one... unless supossed to be part of the food rations, but personally I think it's best to lower the weight of the food, and include this one because a person last longer without food than without water... much longer)... Although none of these had the significancy and price of saffron (1kg of saffron was, and still is equal to 1kg of gold! Although it must be said, 1kg of saffron requires a big harvest, the little threads barely weight anything, so to get 1kg, you had to get almost a sack).
Some great suggestions. I had thought of adding a fresh water, but what pirate drinks water? Mostly they consumed a mixture called grog (sp?) which was rum and water, or water and ale and rum...
i may add the other items in a second version later.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Aye, The millet is a little bug, as I must have forgotten to include a "{"...I'll look for it and reupload the mod

The read me stated that you need cmv2 and cmv3 installed, as this was what i used when i built the mod. The bug that you are getting sounds like the same one I would get when i didnt start a new game....
(as a matter of fact it took me a week to get that one figured out...right guys...lol)

I will do some further testing and see if there is another possibility, but in the mean time, reinstall your game, install cmv2 and then cmv3 then the mod, and let me know how it goes

Ya, I know about the pitch. There is an icon created for it, and the code is right to show said icon, but it just wont show. No matter what icon i tell the program to show for pitch, it just wont work. The same goes for the millet description, no matter what I do, i can't get a description to show. Its coded properly...

Im going to do some digging, maybe there is a ; missing somewhere else or something :shrug
(FB EDIT: i have fixed the pitch issue, but i will not be uploading the new version until i can find the other bug)

unless supossed to be part of the food rations, but personally I think it's best to lower the weight of the food, and include this one because a person last longer without food than without water... much longer

only for explanation: in COAS rum is the equivalent for water
...and a problem in trading fresh water could be that water isn't that long "fresh"

True, my mistake, thanks! :p

EDIT:

If one shop shows the goods all shops should, every shop shares the same code.

EDIT2:

You saw them in one store but not another, i don't know how that can be. :shrug

I could see them in the cities visited part, where you can see the prices for the city... Due to the game keeping them independently of savegame or even profile, that might be the reason of all this mess... I'll clean up the save folder and test.

Great mod mate!

Saffron at wikipedia

Some great suggestions. I had thought of adding a fresh water, but what pirate drinks water? Mostly they consumed a mixture called grog (sp?) which was rum and water, or water and ale and rum...
i may add the other items in a second version later.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Aye, The millet is a little bug, as I must have forgotten to include a "{"...I'll look for it and reupload the mod

The read me stated that you need cmv2 and cmv3 installed, as this was what i used when i built the mod. The bug that you are getting sounds like the same one I would get when i didnt start a new game....
(as a matter of fact it took me a week to get that one figured out...right guys...lol)

I will do some further testing and see if there is another possibility, but in the mean time, reinstall your game, install cmv2 and then cmv3 then the mod, and let me know how it goes

Thanks you too for the grog info... obviously I didn't think (DOH!) lol.

I thought CMv3 included CMv2?? I think all the trouble comes from not cleaning the savegame folder... I'm gonna test that first before going for a reinstall.

Thanks everyone for the answers ^^, sorry if i forgot someone.

EDIT:

Just as I suspected then, after cleaning up the savegame folder everything works fine. The game saving cities visited in previous games messes up the new games.
Apart from that, everything seems to be working fine excepting the already noted pitch lacking icon and millet lacking description.

:)

EDIT2:

Just noted neither Chilis nor Vinegar show the description.

Zalioth is correct. CMv3 includes everything from CMv1 and 2. It shouldn't be required to install CMv2 then CMv3 over it.

A NEW VERSION IS AVAILABLE

To fix some small issues, and the Rats eating everything in sight, I have released this update.

The rats should only eat perishable items now

Thanks Officerpuppy for the heads up on this one

Download the Updated version Here!!!

Good mod, but two problems I'm having:

A. I run quite a few fedex missions for shop owners early in the game to generate early income, when hauling any of the new goods they are not listed in the dialog with the shopkeeper or in your log. It simply says "haul x amount of to y", with the good always being just a blank spot in the dialog / log. Not a major problem, but thought I point it out.

B. Did anything you do possible tinker with the amount of rations consumed by your crew? I notice I start getting warnings that I only have 2 days of food left when the map & ship screens show that I have 5 days left, and also it seems that my crews are eating 1.5 to 2 times as much as normal. ie, I have 30 days worth of food, one day passes and I now have 28 days of food left. This could be a major problem in the end as food is hard to keep up with for a fleet of MOW's later in the game anyways.

Good mod, but two problems I'm having:

A. I run quite a few fedex missions for shop owners early in the game to generate early income, when hauling any of the new goods they are not listed in the dialog with the shopkeeper or in your log. It simply says "haul x amount of to y", with the good always being just a blank spot in the dialog / log. Not a major problem, but thought I point it out.

B. Did anything you do possible tinker with the amount of rations consumed by your crew? I notice I start getting warnings that I only have 2 days of food left when the map & ship screens show that I have 5 days left, and also it seems that my crews are eating 1.5 to 2 times as much as normal. ie, I have 30 days worth of food, one day passes and I now have 28 days of food left. This could be a major problem in the end as food is hard to keep up with for a fleet of MOW's later in the game anyways.

I did notice that problem in regards to the fedex missions. The same occurs when collecting loot from destroyed vessels. I'm going to look into how that can be fixed. As for the ration consumption, Luke159 was instrumental in adjusting values of that and rum consumption. I did notice small indiscrepincies in regards to that, and hopefully we can put our heads together and figure that one out.

Thanks to Luke159, I have fixed the fedex style missions, in regards to prompting what goods are being transported, and in the same way have fixed the the loot issues. I have also fixed the consumption rates, so that they favor sea travel. IE: When buying 30 days of food at the store, you will have 31 days of food at sea....

Attachments

• Trade Overhaul Mod v1.3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back