• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

trade goods pics

i figured it out the livestock pic (picture = Livestock,760,626,900,768 ) the numbers are not recognized new horizons and i do not know how to get the game to see it. i did everything correct and when im in the store it shows a white blank screen. same with salt but when i used the tobacco pic numbers i got a pic of the boxes with the title and info of salt though, so i guess i will use the leather pic numbers unless u know a solution

just had a thought grey roger, how about you show me how you would make the livestock pic show up in the store, cause right now as i said the game does not recognize the pictures numbers in picture.ini file. thanks

never mind that last post but how do i get the title name in the pic? it just shows the pic, i get the info on it just not the title ie a pic of slaves and on top of pic says slaves
You might need to add something in "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\GoodsDescribe.txt" for slaves.

i figured it out the livestock pic (picture = Livestock,760,626,900,768 ) the numbers are not recognized new horizons and i do not know how to get the game to see it. i did everything correct and when im in the store it shows a white blank screen. same with salt but when i used the tobacco pic numbers i got a pic of the boxes with the title and info of salt though, so i guess i will use the leather pic numbers unless u know a solution
How did you get those numbers? I reckon it should be:
Code:
picture = Livestock,896,512,1024,640

The last item which was originally there is a 128x128 block from 384,512 to 512,640. That's "Rations". The first of the new items, which is salt, should therefore be 128 along:
Code:
picture = Salt,512,512,640,640

IT WORKED!!! toll, now can you help me the other pic numbers such as the hemp (its the white rope looking pic and the pic left of the cow. there is one pic above the paprika as well. i believe 5 pics in all you gave me. thanks i really mean it

You should now be able to work out the figures for the other pictures yourself. Remember, they are 128x128 blocks. The first two numbers are the co-ordinates of the top left corner, the last two numbers are the co-ordinates of the bottom right corner and should each be 128 more than the first pair. Given the co-ordinates of one picture, the next one along has the first and third numbers increased by 128 - unless you're onto another row, in which case the first number is 0, the third number is 128, and the second and fourth numbers are increased by 128 to go down a row.

So, if the co-ordinates for the salt are 512,512 and 640,640, what will be the co-ordinates for the next one along?

Paprika is 0,256 and128,384. Subtract 128 from the 2nd and 4th numbers to go up a row, which means whatever is above paprika is at 0,128 and 128,256. Now look in "pictures.ini" to see which good has those co-ordinates.

thanks alot i followed ur instructions and they are in now, almost forgot to ask when i pick up cargo from the sea after enemy ship is sunk, the description telling u what u picked up does not show the name of cargo just how much u picked up. can u tell me how to fix that?

You probably need to add lines for all your new goods into "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\SeaSection.txt", and possibly "ShipEatGood.txt" as well.

If that doesn't work, put all files back the way they were before you tried adding new cargo types. Or reinstall the game into another folder - you can have as many different installations as you like, if you have the disc space for them. That way, you can have one version of the game with all your changes, and another version without.

Back