• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

trade goods pics

kaizerkat

Freebooter
i remember a while back {10 yrs} that there was pics of hemp, salt, slaves etc so that i could add them to the game. is there somewhere where i could find those pics?

Look at "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\goods.tga.tx" and "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\goods_new.tga.tx". There are 33 types of goods listed in "PROGRAM\STORE\goods.h" but there are 36 icons in each of those files, so presumably the other three are the missing goods, and there's certainly a picture in both files which looks like slaves.

"RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini" seems to map goods to areas of the texture files. Of the goods listed there, slaves, food and rations are not listed in "PROGRAM\STORE\goods.h" or "PROGRAM\STORE\initgoods.c". The mod now uses wheat as food.

So you'd need to change "goods.h" and "initgoods.c" to include slaves. You'd need to change all the files, including editing the textures, to add hemp and salt.

And then you would probably want to edit "PROGRAM\ISLANDS\Islands_init.c" to set these goods to be import, export or contraband on some islands. Also look at "PROGRAM\smuggling.c" where some goods are set as contraband by nation. (Contraband isn't necessarily banned, but taxed.)

nvmnd figured it out although, i guess if i wanted to just use the salt pic i could not individually extract it and imported into the games goods.tga and btw the way i was looking at another goods tga file and thats what im referring to. saw no pics of salt, hemp or slave pic in the games file b14 final

You need to use TX Convertor to convert the game's .tga.tx files into standard .tga:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

GIMP should be able to read the .tga file. Then you use TX Convertor again to convert the edited file back to .tga.tx for the game.

There do not seem to be pictures of salt or hemp, nor are they referenced in "RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini". But there is definitely a picture for slaves. I've outlined it in red here (4th row down, 3rd picture from left):
goods_new.jpg
If you can find or create pictures for salt and hemp, it should be easy enough to add them to the end of the last row. Or, if you can provide the pictures, I can add them.

Trade Overhaul Mod v1.4 its in firebats mods, i think for CAOS, i used the text editor to open his goods_tga file and it had salt hemp cattle etc. if u can add those extra trade goods in a new file that would be a xmas present or show me a step by step way to do it, i appreciate your time on this thanks. i do not know how to attach that file which calls for an extention i.e 7-zip or rar

Last edited:
Trade Overhaul Mod v1.4 its in firebats mods, i think for CAOS, i used the text editor to open his goods_tga file and it had salt hemp cattle etc. if u can add those extra trade goods in a new file that would be a xmas present or show me a step by step way to do it, i appreciate your time on this thanks. i do not know how to attach that file which calls for an extention i.e 7-zip or rar
A text editor will not make any sense of "goods.tga"!

I do not have CoAS. What I do have are stock PoTC, the Build 14 mod, and AoP, none of which make any mention of salt, hemp or cattle. So I have no pictures for any of these.

You, on the other hand, presumably do have the pictures. So you should be able to edit all the files mentioned in post #2 and give yourself that Christmas present. ;)

To attach a file which needs to be compressed, use 7-Zip:
Download

2nd row fourth pic from left, 7th row fifth from left is tools, 7th row last pic on right is hemp, the cow pic for cattle, of course the slave pic, 2nd row fifth pic from left for tea, 7th row the pic next to the tools on rightside for coconut oil and 4th row second pic from left for oak

Here are "goods.tga.tx" and "goods_new.tga.tx", both to go into "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES", with pictures for salt, hemp and tea added, plus a blank picture onto which you can add goods of your choice.

You'll still need to edit "RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini" to tell the rest of the game which goods use the new pictures, and then edit other game files to use those goods.

Edit: attachment deleted, newer version attached to a later post

Last edited:
also can you show how u did it so that i could add a couple more pics if i want? i want to put the cattle pic in the new file u made, again thanks

First, you'll need to use TX Convertor to convert both the PoTC files ("goods.tga.tx" and "goods_new.tga.tx") to .tga format. Open those, plus your CoAS version of "goods.tga".

From CoAS, copy a 128x128 square from around the picture you want. In PoTC "goods,tga", put a 128x128 selection box where you want the new picture to go - the next free position is 896,512 to 1023,640. Paste the copied picture there. (The picture of the cow in the CoAS file is a bit big so you may want to shrink the picture copy after pasting it into the PoTC file.)

If GIMP supports the alpha channel, switch to that, then copy the same area from CoAS to PoTC, and if you shrunk the picture, shrink the alpha copy to match. If GIMP does not support the alpha channel, this isn't going to work and you'll mess up the rest of the pictures.

Also copy the picture into PoTC's "goods_new.tga". First, copy the blank cargo hold picture and put the copy on the next free position (currently 0,640 to 128,767), so that you have a base for the next picture. Then copy your picture onto the current blank picture - you'll definitely need to shrink the picture of the cow here otherwise it will overlap the frame. Get rid of all the black surrounding the cow. If GIMP works the same as Photoshop, it should paste the copied picture as a new layer, which means you can darken the planks on the underlying blank hold picture to make a shadow of the cow.

Then save both PoTC files back as .tga, and use TX Convertor to convert them both to .tga.tx. They go into "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES".

damn, ok ill pay u 5.00 to put the pic of the cow or cattle in the file;). BTW when i put the new files in do i have to start a new game?

No payment is necessary, and anyway I've no idea how to receive it. But you really need to learn to do this yourself.

You will indeed need to start a new game because you won't just need to add the pictures to the texture files.
"RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini" seems to map goods to areas of the texture files. Of the goods listed there, slaves, food and rations are not listed in "PROGRAM\STORE\goods.h" or "PROGRAM\STORE\initgoods.c". The mod now uses wheat as food.

So you'd need to change "goods.h" and "initgoods.c" to include slaves. You'd need to change all the files, including editing the textures, to add hemp and salt.

And then you would probably want to edit "PROGRAM\ISLANDS\Islands_init.c" to set these goods to be import, export or contraband on some islands. Also look at "PROGRAM\smuggling.c" where some goods are set as contraband by nation. (Contraband isn't necessarily banned, but taxed.)
After you have added the new goods to "goods.h" and "initgoods.c", you will need to start a new game for the new goods to be registered.

Attachments

• Extra_goods.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
ok thanks and i looked at the interfaces\pictures.ini file and how do i know what position numbers to add after the new goods are put in? i.e picture = Slaves,256,384,384,512

Last edited:
never mind that last post but how do i get the title name in the pic? it just shows the pic, i get the info on it just not the title ie a pic of slaves and on top of pic says slaves

Back